PDA

View Full Version : Jhc!

Catty1
08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
...after the 6 hour job on Saturday, followed by 2 hours and a meltdown yesterday, I finally managed to install a trial version of Office 2010 so I could import the client's email message file, and email them to his new Yahoo address.

He will be changing internet providers a lot, so we agreed to set him up on Yahoo.

I call this afternoon to say I am not going to his place to import the messages because he doesn't have Outlook (doesn't like Office). He says he has had several phone calls this morning from people whose emails bounced back (Yahoo sends out a note to people to give them the new email addy).

I asked if he received any emails at all, and he said no. Then later in the conversation he says he hasn't turned on the computer because he was waiting for me. (BANG HEAD ON WALL REPEATEDLY!!!!!)

Plus...the saved email folder is a "file". Not any special file - not one I can put into Outlook and mail to him.

I like Puckstop's saying - "I can fix broken - I can't fix stupid."

I just give up on this one.....

RICHARD
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
H.?

I didn't know he had a middle name?:confused:;)

Catty1
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
See opening line of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf by Edward Albee. The line follows a loud crash offstage.

I was pm'd and asked to change it...as God's name shouldn't be used that way. I don't recall the man ever actually saying he was God, but anyway....