PDA

View Full Version : Note to self...

moosmom
08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
NEVER leave a cat food dish on top of the fridge.

I always feed Bad @$$ Buddy on to of the fridge. It's just something he's used to.

I woke up this morning (boy I REALLY must've been sound asleep) to find the dish on the floor, in a million pieces with parts of it floating in the kitty fountain.

*sigh* Tell me again why I love Buddy so much???:p;)

MoonandBean
08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
My Bean is a crochety cat who uses me only for food and a place to sleep. Why do I love him so? :D:love:

happylabs
08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
NEVER leave a cat food dish on top of the fridge.

I always feed Bad @$$ Buddy on to of the fridge. It's just something he's used to.

I woke up this morning (boy I REALLY must've been sound asleep) to find the dish on the floor, in a million pieces with parts of it floating in the kitty fountain.

*sigh* Tell me again why I love Buddy so much???:p;)

Sounds like something I would do, so don't feel so badly.

My 3 cats now all eat in 3 different places in the house! How/why did I let this happen?!?

Buddy eats in the kitchen (floor). Tink eats underneath the coffee table in my TV room. Mama eats in my bedroom under a small table I have in there. Now they all wander around and check out each other's bowls, even though they all get the same thing. :rolleyes:

catmandu
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
When ever something like that happens , I sing the old commercial song
Accidents will happen with Spray and Wash you're laughi":love::love:
When I think of all the accidents I have had over the years, My Found Cats get a lot of slack:love::love::love:
We are All sure Buddy is very sorry:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Sounds like Buddy still needs to train his hooman better!

Giz taught me:

Do Not leave anything on top of the fridge

DO NOT put anything on HER countertop

Break those rules and it is HERS to do with what she wants!

RICHARD
08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I hate gravity too.;)

moosmom
08-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Buddy does it all the time. Usually I'm quick enough to catch him before the dish hits the floor. This time he waited till I was sound asleep.

Solution: PAPER PLATES!!!!

katladyd
08-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I've been using paper plates and bowls for years. No cleanup!:D

GILL
08-26-2010, 11:28 AM
We are with katladyd. Paper or foam plates. With 28 in house we don't need the clean up. We also have 4 auto feeders for dry food. Just keeping them filled is a chore. The Crew is feed a wet dry mix every morning in 2 places, 8 plates the kitchen and the TV room. If they want a treat they soon learn that you have to be in the kitchen at 5:30 am. If not all you get is the dry food. They soon learn to share.

cassiesmom
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Do you have an unbreakable dish you could use atop the fridge for Buddy? I can see why he likes it, because my RB fur-nephew Churchill did too ... it's warm up there, plus he could look down on us, his hoomins. Somewhere I have a picture of Churchie looking at me from the top of the fridge. If there is a refrigerator in kitty heaven, I'm sure Churchie is on top of it right now.

moosmom
08-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Cassiesmom,

I have stainless steel dishes, but it doesn't matter to him, he still pushes the dish off the fridge to let me know the dish is empty.

He also entertains me when I'm having a meltdown, by knocking my plastic glasses off the shelf. He's a real character, but I adore him. That's his unique personality.

cassiesmom
08-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Cassiesmom,

I have stainless steel dishes, but it doesn't matter to him, he still pushes the dish off the fridge to let me know the dish is empty.

He also entertains me when I'm having a meltdown, by knocking my plastic glasses off the shelf. He's a real character, but I adore him. That's his unique personality.

Moosmom, I apologize! I didn't pick up on Buddy's purpose for pushing his dish off the refrigerator. Somehow I don't think a paper or foam plate would have the same effect- it wouldn't sound the same when it lands, but it might be fun to watch as it falls. And falling-down glasses, too :)

Cassie likes to push a pencil or pen off the table when I am paying bills. Pencils are good because they might land on the eraser end, but pens are good because the pen and the cap can either be pushed together or separately if I leave the cap off the pen. Highlighters are even better because they roll before they fall off the table (she can push it more than once, it'll roll to the edge of the table and then fall ... pause ... she looks at me with the "Pick it up, Mom!" face).

What a helpful kitty guy, to let you know when he needs more food! I am glad he does cute things that make you feel better.

(((((((HUGS FOR MOOSMOM AND BUDDY))))))))

moosmom
08-26-2010, 01:28 PM
When I lost MooShoo in February, I was devastated and sobbing on the couch. He did the same thing. Kept pushing my plastic glasses onto the floor till I was laughing hysterically. He's a real character, that boy!!!