PDA

View Full Version : What do we win?

Puckstop31
08-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Today, August 22nd, is our 5th wedding anniversary. Trouble is, we BOTH forgot until about 5pm today. We were chatting online (I was at the office, story of my life) and she said...

"OMG! Today is our anniversary."

:eek: :D

It really is not a big deal, forgetting, to either of us. But I still think it is funny. LOL

So, what do we win for this slightly epic fail?

Grace
08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Join the club. Douglas and I have been married for 31 years, and we rarely remember until the day itself, or maybe the day after.

I think he puts it best - it's not the anniversary that counts, it's all the days in between. If those don't mean anything, neither will the anniversary.

Happy Anniversary - I wish you many more years of love, joy and forgetfulness :love:

Puckstop31
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
:love:

Thanks Gretchen. I do love my ladies like nothing else in this world.

Freedom
08-22-2010, 06:12 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Funny story, lol.

Karen
08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
As the traditional wedding gift for 5 year is wood, I could send you a stick from the maple in our yard as a gift - it's been raining today, and it always looses at least a twig or two!

I am a rememberer of dates, and in our case, it would be pretty tough to forget our anniversary anyway - it is the day after Paul's birthday, and the day before my sister's and niece's birthday!

Dad's not a good rememberer of dates, that was always Ma's department. But he never missed an anniversary - they got married on her birthday, so he had that reinforcement, and eventually us kids to help him! Of the four of us, I'm the only one whose birthday he reliably remembers - as it's the day after his. Sometimes he forgets if it's the day before or after, but hey - with the rest of them, he only remember the month, so I'm the lucky one!

RICHARD
08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
An upgrade to 6.0 and unlimited downloads?:eek::confused:;)

Asiel
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Happy anniversary guys. I think your gift can be to spend an evening cuddling Hannah.

Puckstop31
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I am a rememberer of dates, and in our case, it would be pretty tough to forget our anniversary anyway - it is the day after Paul's birthday, and the day before my sister's and niece's birthday!

LOL

I should have done what my Dad did... Get married on MY birthday. LOL

Men... :rolleyes: :D

Puckstop31
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Good Lord no!

Upgrades are EXPENSIVE! ;)

LOL

Medusa
08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
So, what do we win for this slightly epic fail?

How 'bout a memory improvement course? ;)

phesina
08-23-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL

That's what my brother did too.. He said at the time "That way I won't forget our anniversary."

And a happy anniversary to you and Tanya!!!!

jennielynn1970
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
At least you BOTH forgot, lol. No one can be mad then!

Happy Anniversary!!

Husky_mom
08-23-2010, 05:25 PM
t's not the anniversary that counts, it's all the days in between. If those don't mean anything, neither will the anniversary.

wise words indeed :D

hehehehe... me was thinking the same.. lol...

LOL

smart man your dad is... :D

At least you BOTH forgot, lol. No one can be mad then!

Happy Anniversary!!

Amen!!

Happy Anniversary to you both!! may you have a long lived full of love and happiness marriage...

sirrahbed
08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
This gave me a good chuckle today!~~:D Hubby and I have had 36 anniversaries and at least one of them was recalled a day or so late!

Happy Anniversary!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Happy Belated 5th Anniversary!!!:D Hopefully you'll both remember to remember it next year.;)

When I get a new calendar for the next year, I go through it and write down all of the important things that I need to remember like birthdays and anniversaries. This way it helps to refresh my memory.:)

Pinot's Mom
08-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Happy Anniversary (a bit tardy myself) Brian and Tanya! Sorry I missed this; I've been doing some lightning checks on the site and didn't see it. I hope you made up for it and had a great dinner at least!:)

Coop and I don't forget our anniversary; neither of us, to my knowledge, ever has. It's very easy to remember, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is we have several friends who celebrate on or about the same date (May 8 is a real wedding boom). With birthdays as well as anniversaries any more, though, we just go out to a nice dinner; gifts are a thing of the past, so that makes things easier. :)

Happy 5th! :D

kokopup
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I forgot our 28th this year. I was reminded on the Anniversary date so I
think she forgot too. I usually have a whole week of reminders leading up to all special occasions. I told her to be thankful that I still know what an Anniversary is. :confused::D

pomtzu
08-24-2010, 08:25 AM
You win a BIG CONGRATULATIONS from me. Keep up the good work!

If my ex and I had stayed together, we would be "celebrating" our 48th on Sept 4th. Yikes - that make me feel ancient! :eek:

May you two see your 48th - together! :D

lvpets2002
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
:) Many Congrats to the both of you && may you have many many more.. Too funny that you both forgot..