PDA

View Full Version : Meet Abby

Craftlady
08-21-2010, 02:40 PM
My mom’s best friend (Sarah) came to her house with me in tow on June 15th, 2010 on a very rainy night. She was in a panic that something awful had happened to me. You see my on hind leg is not right. It sticks out straight or up.

Found out that she has two broken bones in the leg. She is approx 10 weeks old when we got her from Sarah. We were going to keep her until the Ohio Alley Cat rescue group would take her the following week (on Thursday). Well, my human mom failed “fostering” and I became their newest family member  My human dad is FMD teacher special education, and I’m special needs kitty. I was meant to be in this family. 
Yep I made #6.

We have been battling Abby’s diarrhea from day one. We took her to our area country vet, for awhile and then we took her to a younger vet closer by home. Special food and more medicine.
FINALLY the week of August 16th I’m starting to potty like a big girl.  Two months of trial and error we got things under control. I’m sorry that I’ve cost them boat load of money to get me well but they said “it was worth every penny”.  She will be going to our regular vet along with the rest of our gang in the future.

My favorite brother (Carson, who was the latest addition until I arrived 1 month later) loves to play with me during the day. I am NOT happy when I have to go in the crate downstairs in basement at night. When I get bigger I can stay upstairs all the time. We are hoping in October to get Abby spayed and shots.

As of August 20th, 2010 she is over 4 lbs and 19 weeks old. We are going to use April 6th as her birthday 

Taz_Zoee
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Awww, welcome to a wonderful home Abby!! You are just adorable! :D
And your birthday is the day after Jax's approximate birthdate. :) Hmmm...I think I see a Valentines match here. ;)

Craftlady
08-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Awww, welcome to a wonderful home Abby!! You are just adorable! :D
And your birthday is the day after Jax's approximate birthdate. :) Hmmm...I think I see a Valentines match here. ;)

Could be :) She has definitely one our hearts.

catmandu
08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
What a Sweet Little Wonder Cat you are Abby, and we are glad that you are all well now, and have got your Most Important Day of All, Your Gotcha Day:love::love::love:
No longer are you a hungry little waif, but a Well Loved and Cared For Cat of The Future, properly loved and named!!:cool::cool::cool:
Please do not be a starnger Abby, we would love to see so more more of you as you mature into Cat Hood.:):):):)

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Congrats and welcome home Abby!!!:D She's such a cute widdle tabby girl and I'm glad that her diarrehea is finally under control.:)

I'm now also up to 6 again and have two new widdle orange & white boys in my home. They've also been battling diarrhea and they've been given so many meds that now I think their good bacteria is out of whack so they're both on Fortiflora for a while to hopefully firm things up. Their birthdays are listed as April 30th 2010 but they're already bigger than your Abby girl.

phesina
08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Welcome HOME, Abby! You are an absolutely darling little girl!

I have a kitty girl named Sparkler who also has back legs that were stepped on or somehow crushed when she was just a baby. They have healed up a long time ago, but they are both somewhat cockeyed. She gets around on them quite well, but she curls her toes under her foot on the left hind leg when she walks.

We all join in wishing you the very best with your wonderful new FURREVER home and family!

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Sparkler, Poppy, Elmer, Bobby, Sydney (kitty sibbies) and Pat (Meowmie)

sana
08-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Blue kitty. Sweet though. Love the little kitten:love::love::love:

Craftlady
08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Blue kitty. Sweet though. Love the little kitten:love::love::love:

Sorry it's my camera phone that distorts colors.
She is black/white tiger kitty.

sana
08-21-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah, but the kitty's cutness counts!;)

Laura's Babies
08-21-2010, 07:48 PM
What a CUTIE!! Abby, some of you get off to a rough start so hang in there and soon you will flourish in your new furever home, then you will grow into a beautiful adult lady!

Craftlady
08-21-2010, 08:20 PM
What a CUTIE!! Abby, some of you get off to a rough start so hang in there and soon you will flourish in your new furever home, then you will grow into a beautiful adult lady!

Yep, rough start is understatement!
She is going so good now :)
Still stays in the "Hotel Ritz" downstairs in basement over night. She stays upstairs in the computer room average from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. When she goes downstairs there is less fussing because while upstairs it's contestant motion for her so she is pretty tired out when it's bed time. She is to small to be roaming the house unattended especially at night when mom and dad are sleeping.

Catty1
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
She is ADORABLE! I hope her leg will be ok? Will she need surgery?

HUGS and welcome, Abby! You have been blessed by being in a Pet talker home, the best! :):love::love::love:

Grace
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM
She's adorable, but as the mom of another Abby, I think all Abbys are adorable - and wonderful :)

Love those big, expressive eyes :love:

moosmom
08-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Abby is beautiful!!

I'm so glad she found you!! Thank you for not giving up on her!

sana
08-22-2010, 06:08 AM
She's adorable, right. Craftlady do post more pics of the sweetie.

Medusa
08-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Aw, look at that sweet little face. I'm sure she's going to fit right in and be very happy. :love:

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Congrats on your new home pretty Abby!!!:love:

Craftlady
08-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Cathy:
IF it starts to bother her or get infected then we will address the issue of the leg. We have been told, it can not be re-broken and set. Right now the leg is the about 1/2 length of her body. She gets around really good on carpet and has adjusted well to non-carpet surfaces.

cassiesmom
08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello, Abby! How nice to meet you! Prayers that your leg will not need more surgery unless it is absolutely necessary.

cassiesmom
08-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi again, Abby Tabby! How are you? How are your tummy troubles and how are your legs?

Barbara
08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello Abby, what a sweet tabby girl you are!
And you found yourself a purrfect pet talk home- that's the best kind of home :)

All the best for you to grow and stay healthy.