PDA

View Full Version : A 2:00 AM scare!

Medusa
08-21-2010, 01:23 PM
It was 2:00 AM, I was in asleep in bed and then I heard voices downstairs, an actual conversation. I thought someone had broken into my house & they were talking to each other. I grabbed the only weapon I had, which is a sword, and I went downstairs fully prepared to behead and/or disembowel someone. Well. My office TV had turned on by itself, that's where the voices were coming from, and I couldn't get it to turn off. Now it's off and I can't get it back on. So much for hearing voices. And I so wanted to give that sword a good workout.

Taz_Zoee
08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
LOL, I read this on Facebook. I am glad you didn't have to use the sword.
It's very strange that your TV turned on by itself. Growing up our TV would turn off or the volume would mute by itself. Someone always had to have the remote in hand for when it happened.

RICHARD
08-21-2010, 01:46 PM
So much for hearing voices. And I so wanted to give that sword a good workout.

If you do stab your TV make sure the sword handle is insulated?:D:eek:

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 02:08 PM
It sounds like my old friend Freddy is paying you a visit. :eek: He hasn't been around here in a long time. :D

moosmom
08-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Mary,

STEP AWAY FROM THE SWORD!!! Thatta girl!;)

chocolatepuppy
08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh no! What a scare that must have been!:eek: I'm happy to hear it was just a 'drill'.;)

Medusa
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM
It just happened again, different TV this time. :confused:

boomersooner
08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
You are braver than I am!!! Even with a sword, I don't know if I could face an intruder!!! So glad it was only the tv!!! LOL

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 05:15 PM
It just happened again, different TV this time. :confused:

That does it. Its Freddy!! Remember I told you about him???

Medusa
08-21-2010, 05:18 PM
That does it. Its Freddy!! Remember I told you about him???

Y'know, I can't remember! Either PM or email me and tell me again, please.

Medusa
08-21-2010, 05:18 PM
You are braver than I am!!! Even with a sword, I don't know if I could face an intruder!!! So glad it was only the tv!!! LOL

Well, it's either that or be a victim and I won't allow that. Guess I should look into taking gun classes and get my ccw.

lizbud
08-21-2010, 05:20 PM
A sword??? :D:D

Medusa
08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
A sword??? :D:D

Yeppers. I had 3 but gave one away. :p

Karen
08-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Do you have surge protectors on your TVs?

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Y'know, I can't remember! Either PM or email me and tell me again, please.

The poltergeist that used to be around when my kids were little, and then again when the grandkids were little. On and off t.v., things turning up missing and then turning up a year later, knock on the door and no one there, the swing outside swinging with no one on it and no wind blowing to make it move, the calculator "totaling" with no one near it, the dogs seeing him, etc, etc, etc. Nothing malicious - just mischevious. That Freddy!

Medusa
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Do you have surge protectors on your TVs?

Yep, every one.

The poltergeist that used to be around when my kids were little, and then again when the grandkids were little. On and off t.v., things turning up missing and then turning up a year later, knock on the door and no one there, the swing outside swinging with no one on it and no wind blowing to make it move, the calculator "totaling" with no one near it, the dogs seeing him, etc, etc, etc. Nothing malicious - just mischevious. That Freddy!

Hmmm, we had poltergeist activity when I was a little girl but that was 198 years ago and in a different house. I guess it's possible. However, Mercury went retrograde today and electronics go haywire when that happens, so that's probably what it is. Just so my car doesn't act up.

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Yep, every one.

Hmmm, we had poltergeist activity when I was a little girl but that was 198 years ago and in a different house. I guess it's possible. However, Mercury went retrograde today and electronics go haywire when that happens, so that's probably what it is. Just so my car doesn't act up.

I was joking about "my" Freddy visiting you. He's mine - you can't have him. I truly think that he is finally gone for good, since he hasn't been around in a good 5 years or so - once the grandkids got older. He only came around when there were younger kids living here.

Medusa
08-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I was joking about "my" Freddy visiting you. He's mine - you can't have him. I truly think that he is finally gone for good, since he hasn't been around in a good 5 years or so - once the grandkids got older. He only came around when there were younger kids living here.

I figured as much b/c why would your poltergeist visit me? But I did wonder if maybe something else had decided to pay me a call. Nah, it's Rx Merc.

wombat2u2004
08-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought it may have been a headless ghost, but thought "If it was....how could he find the TV ??"
So I have come to conclusion that your house is built over an ancient Indian burial ground ;) Hee hee.

Talking about swords....I have a Jap sword that my dad brought home from the war. It hangs in my office. Everytime I return from a trip, the sword is missing. I usually find it under the wifes side of the bed. :D

Medusa
08-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Today is the anniversary of both my dad's and my brother's passing and they both were jokesters. Maybe it was them, one TV per. :p

Asiel
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Well, it's either that or be a victim and I won't allow that. Guess I should look into taking gun classes and get my ccw.

I think I could handle the mental mage of you with a gun a bit better than with a sword. I'm probably going to still be chuckling over this for the next day or so.....I keep picturing you with the sword and seeing your signature that says Blessings so my first thought was ...would you say Blessings as you plunged the sword into the intruder..? :D

I think it has to be something in the wiring causing a power surge....at least I hope so because the thought of Freddy is going to give me nightmares .

Medusa
08-21-2010, 07:21 PM
i think i could handle the mental mage of you with a gun a bit better than with a sword. I'm probably going to still be chuckling over this for the next day or so.....i keep picturing you with the sword and seeing your signature that says blessings so my first thought was ...would you say blessings as you plunged the sword into the intruder..? :d

i think it has to be something in the wiring causing a power surge....at least i hope so because the thought of freddy is going to give me nightmares .

LOL :D What is that saying? "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".

lizbud
08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Hmmm, we had poltergeist activity when I was a little girl but that was 198 years ago and in a different house.

Gawd, how old are you Mary? LOL :D Have you ever really thought of how
close you have to be to the intruder to be a threat with a sword? Way too
close for my liking.:eek: Just sayin.....

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any intruders but tv's turning on by themselves would give me the creeps.:eek:

I do remember once my stereo turned on by itself and I think it was just a power surge. When my old tv was acting up it would also turn on by itself and then I wouldn't be able to turn it back on after it was off for a while.

Medusa
Gawd, how old are you Mary? LOL :D Have you ever really thought of how
close you have to be to the intruder to be a threat with a sword? Way too
close for my liking.:eek: Just sayin.....

Yep, I've thought about it. I don't really use it as a weapon although I really did retrieve it and went downstairs w/it ready to strike. This is a really safe neighborhood; no fear but when I heard a conversation, I really did think that the burglars were talking to each other.

sana
Haha.. nice a sword. At least you stood up and tried to face the intruder, which was just a TV. ;) How did it turn on?! :eek:I would have freaked out and stayed behind and let the intruder take away everything. But, I have a good guard dog. I would let him loose on the thief.;):D Mary, quite a courage.:D

sana
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Its creepy that the TV turned on by itself.:eek::eek::eek:

Medusa
08-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Mary, quite a courage.:D

Um, stupid is probably more like it. I'm not a pretty sight when I first wake up so if the intruder saw me, that would probably scare him more than the sword would.

Its creepy that the TV turned on by itself.:eek::eek::eek:

I really do think there have been a couple of power surges.

sana
08-21-2010, 07:40 PM
At least you stood up.:D

Medusa
08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't know why this didn't "quote" last post. This is why I questioned
your age? :)

I thought sure I used the "quote" feature, but then again,,,,,,,, Maybe
Freddie is closer than we think.:eek::eek:

I think I hear the Twilight Zone theme song......

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 07:44 PM
So I have come to conclusion that your house is built over an ancient Indian burial ground ;) Hee hee.

Funny you should say that, because we figure that's where my "Freddy" comes in the picture here. Where I live, used to be farm land, and Indian tribes are prevalent in this area, and it's quite likely that it was Indian land before the white faces took it over. Not saying it was an old burial ground, but definitely Indian land.

lizbud
08-21-2010, 07:45 PM
i think i hear the twilight zone theme song......

lol :):)

wombat2u2004
08-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I think I hear the Twilight Zone theme song......

Good Lord.........someones turned the TV back on. :D
A good doppelganger will always tune into something more interesting than re-runs. :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
08-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Funny you should say that, because we figure that's where my "Freddy" comes in the picture here. Where I live, used to be farm land, and Indian tribes are prevalent in this area, and it's quite likely that it was Indian land before the white faces took it over. Not saying it was an old burial ground, but definitely Indian land.

So....you're cursed then ???? :p

Asiel
08-21-2010, 07:52 PM
After reading all these posts I definitely will be laughing in my sleep tonight, I'm practically falling off my chair as it is and it doesn't take much to make me dream. Better make sure there's no sword handy in the bedroom, wouldn't want to wander around the house with sword in hand...someone would call the whitecoats for sure :D

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 07:54 PM
So....you're cursed then ???? :p

Nope - blessed. Freddy never did anything bad, and we figure he was just looking for some kids around his own age to play with. Once the kids here got older - he stopped coming around.

wombat2u2004
08-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Nope - blessed. Freddy never did anything bad, and we figure he was just looking for some kids around his own age to play with. Once the kids here got older - he stopped coming around.

He'll be back !!!!
He's just fooled you into believing that he is gone, when in fact he is actually lurking under your computer desk.
(You looked, didn't you ???) :D

wombat2u2004
08-21-2010, 08:15 PM
After reading all these posts I definitely will be laughing in my sleep tonight, I'm practically falling off my chair as it is and it doesn't take much to make me dream. Better make sure there's no sword handy in the bedroom, wouldn't want to wander around the house with sword in hand...someone would call the whitecoats for sure :D

A wooden stake and a string of garlic is good. I hang them above my bed just below the silver crucafix :p

pomtzu
08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
He'll be back !!!!
He's just fooled you into believing that he is gone, when in fact he is actually lurking under your computer desk.
(You looked, didn't you ???) :D

Nope - just a hairy black 4-legged critter under there.........:D

sana
08-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Nope - just a hairy black 4-legged critter under there.........:D

hahaha!!!:D

Freedom
08-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Mary, my heart would have been pounding in my ears if I heard a conversation in my home in the middle of the night! Oh my, you must have been worried! Glad it was "only" the TV. Both times!

I notice no one has asked WHY you have a sword? WHY you had 3 of them?

My last microwave oven took to turning itself on now and then. THAT was worrisome, unplugged it and bought a new one lickety split.

Medusa
08-21-2010, 10:35 PM
My last microwave oven took to turning itself on now and then. THAT was worrisome, unplugged it and bought a new one lickety split.

I had an old refrigerator that did that, the first model ever invented by GE. I unplugged it and it still ran. That really freaked out a friend of mine. That was, oh, 13 years ago or so and she still talks about it.

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2010, 01:06 AM
I had an old refrigerator that did that, the first model ever invented by GE. I unplugged it and it still ran. That really freaked out a friend of mine. That was, oh, 13 years ago or so and she still talks about it.
Now this would really scare me if I unplugged something and it still worked.:eek: Are you sure that there aren't any ghosts living with you?

Medusa
08-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Got so busy this morning that I forgot to post this: I watch TV in bed just until my eyes become fatigued, which is fairly quickly. I went upstairs to turn down the bed and I turned on the TV and put the remote on my dresser. Instantly, the TV turned off. (The other 2 times it was the other way around.) Then it turned on again by itself, then off, then on, then off, etc. It did this in rapid fire and I just stood there and watched. (No cats in sight to blame in on.) This went on for a good 10 seconds or so. So that's 3 separate TV's now that there are hinky things going on. Maybe I do have a spook! :eek:

sana
08-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I hope there isn't any **** in your home. I wouldn't like to speak it up. They might be reading. They can appear and disappear whenever they want. :eek:*GULP* I don't wanna say the word. yalalalala!!! can't hear!!! :D Its true:):eek::eek:

pomtzu
08-22-2010, 09:29 AM
So that's 3 separate TV's now that there are hinky things going on. Maybe I do have a spook! :eek:

Don't rule it out. Ya' never know. :p

Bonny
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Could it maybe be the batteries in your remotes? Sounds SPOOKY :eek: to me. Have you checked under the bed for any intruders. I use to do that all the time when I was a kid & sometimes even now. You never know what could be lurking under your bed & even the closet.

wombat2u2004
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Got so busy this morning that I forgot to post this: I watch TV in bed just until my eyes become fatigued, which is fairly quickly. I went upstairs to turn down the bed and I turned on the TV and put the remote on my dresser. Instantly, the TV turned off. (The other 2 times it was the other way around.) Then it turned on again by itself, then off, then on, then off, etc. It did this in rapid fire and I just stood there and watched. (No cats in sight to blame in on.) This went on for a good 10 seconds or so. So that's 3 separate TV's now that there are hinky things going on. Maybe I do have a spook! :eek:

Oh dear.....it's getting closer.......already in your bedroom.
If you wake at exactly 3am, and the clock stops.........run...:eek:

wombat2u2004
08-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Could it maybe be the batteries in your remotes? Sounds SPOOKY :eek: to me. Have you checked under the bed for any intruders. I use to do that all the time when I was a kid & sometimes even now. You never know what could be lurking under your bed & even the closet.

Mary should try picking up the phone very quietly.....and listen....maybe there will be breathing sounds.

pomtzu
08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Maybe you need an electrician to check things out Mary. Altho if it's only the t.v.'s that are acting strange, it probably isn't electrical. Is your computer acting up, other than the problems you've had with it previously?

Medusa
08-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok, you're freaking me out again, Wom. And there's nothing under my bed. I Swiffer daily and my bedroom has hardwood floors. As for the electrical work, I had a lot corrected that was bad just a few months ago but, as you say, Ellie, it's just the TV's.

Marigold2
08-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Mary I am so glad it was just the TV. I too would go out with a weapon and then I would however need to change my panties for sure.
So glad you are ok.

Bengalz
08-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Hmmm ... Eve knows how to turn the TV on and off :rolleyes::p:D???? Any four pawed cuties that have mastered the remote in your house?

phesina
08-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm just seeing this thread now for the first time.

Oh, how scary that would be! I'm so glad it was just the TVs acting up. I hope this problem will be easy to figure out and resolve.

I'm also wondering just WHY you happen to keep a sword handy.. 3 swords originally.. !

Pat

Medusa
08-22-2010, 04:09 PM
I went to church this afternoon and went to tea w/a friend afterwards, during which she said "I have a message for you". I said "Oh? From?" and she said "Helen". I said "Helen who? I don't know any Helen". She said "Yes, you do. Helen! Your friend Helen!" I said "Helen W?" and she said "Well, I don't know her last name". (This friend met Helen approximately 20 years ago. Helen passed on in '02. I'm rather iffy on the year.) Helen was my good buddy and we did a lot of things together. She was 83 when she died. She was so joyful most of the time but when she got mad at her husband George, I'd tease her and say "Uh oh! Mt. St. Helen is about to erupt again!" and that would make her laugh and she'd snap out of her bad mood. No one else knew that I called her that; it was an inside joke between her and me.

I said to my friend "Ok, what's the message?" She said "Helen came to me in a dream and at first I wasn't even sure who she was b/c I'd only met her briefly a couple of times so many years ago. She said to tell you that Mt. St. Helen is erupting but w/joy b/c she's having a ball! And she's been trying to get your attention. She said that if I don't tell you, she's going to keep on bugging you until you pay attention."

Ok then. Mary is at attention! I told my friend about the TV stuff and she said "That's got to be her, wouldn't you think?" I'm thinkin' yes. What say you?

kitten645
08-22-2010, 04:20 PM
I think Helen is having a go with you! :love: I truly believe that energy/spirit doesn't die. Just changes form. I think Helen's spirit sounds strong and she's playin ya! Let us know if she continues or stops now that she got your attention!:love:
Claudia

Medusa
08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I think Helen is having a go with you! :love: I truly believe that energy/spirit doesn't die. Just changes form. I think Helen's spirit sounds strong and she's playin ya! Let us know if she continues or stops now that she got your attention!:love:
Claudia

I can't imagine that it will stop unless she was simply trying to get me to notice that she's around. If she has a real message for me, though, I'd like to hear it. I doubt that it's anything bad; I don't have a sense of foreboding but anything is possible. I try not to reason things like this through b/c reason doesn't enter into it. I don't want to filter what comes.

kitten645
08-22-2010, 04:29 PM
"If she has a real message for me, though, I'd like to hear it"

I would too if I were you. Maybe some meditation or directing your thoughts to her as you fall asleep might help? Now I'm curious too!
I think it's pretty amazing your friend got the message so clearly and you were able to piece it together.
The 'world" is much vaster than we think.

pomtzu
08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, I would definitely think it was Helen after learning what you did. Sounds like there is nothing to be afraid of now, so put away that sword please. :eek: Are you going to "talk" to her and tell her that she has your attention, and now she can stop spooking you?

Medusa
08-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, I would definitely think it was Helen after learning what you did. Sounds like there is nothing to be afraid of now, so put away that sword please. :eek: Are you going to "talk" to her and tell her that she has your attention, and now she can stop spooking you?

Oh I'll definitely light a candle and meditate a bit, just sit in the silence and see what happens. I'm not new to this sort of thing; both my parents were mediums and my mind is open but I don't see spirits around every corner as some do. Helen used to take a blank sheet of paper, hold it over a candle flame and move it around a bit, letting the smoke form pictures on the paper. Then she'd see what kind of message could be derived from that. Maybe I'll give that a whirl. I'm just relieved to know, or at least suspect, that it's a friendly spirit and not some malevolent thing that could attach itself to me or the Fur Posse. However, the sword stays. :p

Asiel
08-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Oh boy...I know what I'll be dreaming of tonight.

Pom...maybe my friend is serious about the reading stuff, that's what she calls the woman...a medium.
Medussa I have a friend who goes to readings and she really thinks she makes contact with people...maybe I'll have to start believing her...

Nothing better move out of place in my house tonight or I'm outta here.

Medusa
08-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh boy...I know what I'll be dreaming of tonight.

Pom...maybe my friend is serious about the reading stuff, that's what she calls the woman...a medium.
Medussa I have a friend who goes to readings and she really thinks she makes contact with people...maybe I'll have to start believing her...

Nothing better move out of place in my house tonight or I'm outta here.

A medium is one who makes contact (or claims to) w/those who have passed over. They don't do readings per se; they give messages, purportedly from the deceased. A psychic does readings and uses one or more of several methods such as tarot cards, psychometry, etc. Not all psychics are mediums but all mediums are psychic to a certain degree.

sana
08-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey, I never thought... Medusa, does somebody live with you other than your animals?

Medusa
08-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey, I never thought... Medusa, does somebody live with you other than your animals?

Just li'l ol' me. And now my spooks. ;)

sana
08-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Just li'l ol' me. And now my spooks. ;)

This is weird, I was thinking if somebody sleep walked and turned the TV on and went to sleep. It happens with me alot. But I don't turn the TV on. I sit up and stare with popping eyes at times. Its quite creepy to my siss and bros. :pOnce I got out of my bed and walked to the laptop, moved the mouse of the laptop and went back to bed and slept the rest of the night. :D My sister told me in the morning. :D

Asiel
08-23-2010, 08:23 PM
A medium is one who makes contact (or claims to) w/those who have passed over. They don't do readings per se; they give messages, purportedly from the deceased. A psychic does readings and uses one or more of several methods such as tarot cards, psychometry, etc. Not all psychics are mediums but all mediums are psychic to a certain degree.

I think maybe that's what she says...shows how little I know about this whole thing...but I know my friend really believes she hears something from someone who's passed. Maybe it's time I start paying attention......cause I don't have a sword...:D

wombat2u2004
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I think maybe that's what she says...shows how little I know about this whole thing...but I know my friend really believes she hears something from someone who's passed. Maybe it's time I start paying attention......cause I don't have a sword...:D

You definately need a sword.
Why do you think they have those headless ghosts roaming around England in the middle of the night ???? :D

Medusa
08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Maybe it's time I start paying attention......cause I don't have a sword...:D

I have extra. ;)

pomtzu
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Can't help but wonder if Helen has been back, or if you contacted her. :confused:

Asiel
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
You definately need a sword.
Why do you think they have those headless ghosts roaming around England in the middle of the night ???? :D

You talking about Sir Raleigh who supposedly haunts the Queen's house?
Salt tower where even the dogs refuse to enter and the Tower of London which is supposed to be one of the most haunted places is Britain? Apparently it's guarded by ravens and if the ravens ever leave, Britain will fall, I always thpught these were "just stories" to scare the kids...right now it's doing a good job on me. We happen to have tons of ravens around here, wonder if they migrated from Britian :eek:

Okay Medussa, send that spare sword, with all the hangings and beheadings is Britain I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I should consider visiting another country...a safe one :D

Husky_mom
08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
I´m just reading this.. and it´s quite spooky... yet I can´t keep off reading.. lol

wonder what Helen has to tell you...

I had a super old TV that did this too... turned on itself and then off at any given time she liked.. haha.. I called her my bulb TV... sometimes it took several tries to make her turn on and stay on.. but once "warmed up" she´d stayed on.. until she had enough and turned off herself.. lol.. this was the only TV that did this so I claimed it to age.. :p

smokey the elder
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
One thing that can cause TVs to turn on and off is something with the same RF as the remotes you use. They debunked that on Ghosthunters a couple of times.

To contact Helen, you might want to try an EVP session. Get a digital recorder, ask questions, and play it back through a good ampliflier. You might get lucky!