PDA

View Full Version : My Melissa turns 18 tomorrow....

carole
08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
well i can hardly believe it my baby will be an official adult tomorrow, we have successfully raised another to adulthood, lol.

The best news she gave me yesterday, is she is going to UNIVERSITY, i am so happy, i have wanted this so much for her, we live just around the corner from the Waikato University, and she is the first in my family to attend university.

She is hoping to do a Bachelor of Science technology, this year at school changed her whole direction, she is doing so well in Biology and has a fantastic teacher, that she has realised this is the field she wants to head in to , before that is was information technology, i think this is a better choice career wise, here's hoping anyhow.

She is going for her first night club experience tonight, got a new dress, hair done, nails done, new shoes, she never went to a ball, so this is the next best thing lol, hope she is ok, mama here worries as you do,still hope she enjoys her night out.
Then on saturday night she is with her friends for a party.

She did not want a birthday cake, instead i made her a malteser cheesecake, with a chocolate chippie base,it is huge and looks so yummy, full of maltesers her favourite and white chocolate ,whipped cream, cream cheese, etc etc, never made it before, but thank goodness it has set and we have some hershey chocolate syrup to pour over it as well, oh i can just feel those calories already lol.

Anyhow raise your glasses if you will to my girl Melissa, Happy 18th.:love:

Karen
08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Happy birthday, Melissa!

caseysmom
08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Happy birthday to Melissa and you should be proud of her she sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders.

carole
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Caseysmom, yes i am proud of her indeed, she quite a sensible girl most of the time, but she is still a teenager ,has her moments, she is very stubborn, sometimes it works well in her favour, other times not so, still if she wants to do something she will ,nothing will stop her.

But yes so far we have got through 18 yrs without too much drama and worries lol.

Karen
08-19-2010, 07:01 PM
she is very stubborn, sometimes it works well in her favour, other times not so, still if she wants to do something she will ,nothing will stop her.

I tell people, about myself, "If you like me, you'd say I am "persistent," if you don't, then I'm "stubborn as all git out!" " So she has good company in that regard!

sirrahbed
08-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Happy, Happy birthday to Melissa!! Wasn't she just turning 16 a few minutes ago??:D Hope the night out is a great one, too!

Lilith Cherry
08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Happy Birthday Melissa and well done Carole. You did a good job!:p

carole
08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
i laughed when i read that, yes is does seem not long ago i was posting she is turning 16, how time flys, not sure if i have done a good job or not, but she seems to be doing alright so far, fingers and all paws here crossed lol.:D

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Happy birthday Melissa; you've got a very proud Momma!:D

Miss Z
08-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I hope she enjoyed her nightclub experience, nothing else like it! :p

Welcome to this great age to be, Melissa! And congratulations on university too, no doubt there are many exciting times ahead of you. Enjoy and happy birthday. :)

Cataholic
08-20-2010, 10:43 AM
I do remember the turning 16 thread, and it does seem like yesterday! ACK! 18! I am still in the "I dread that" mode.

But, it sounds like Melissa has a great head on her shoulders, thanks to you and your hubby. I hope her experience at U is exciting and safe. :)

moosmom
08-20-2010, 11:05 AM
They grow up so fast!!! You must be BEAMING with pride, Carole!!

Happy Birthday Melissa!! Welcome to adulthood AND reality. You done your mama proud!!

Anikaca77
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Happy 18th Birthday Melissa!!

It's so weird to say your own name sometimes! :)

Melissa

lvpets2002
08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
:) Never thought of it due to Helene is not said that much..

;) Bigg Happy 18th Birthday Melissa & Have Many More.. Enjoy your Cheese Cake.. Thank goodness you live too far away from me or I would be at your door step wanting some of it.. Sounds so Yummy Yummy.. If there is any extra you can send it on to TX.. :D

Happy 18th Birthday Melissa!!

It's so weird to say your own name sometimes! :)

Melissa

phesina
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Happy birthday, MELISSA, and congratulations on becoming a legal Adult!

Carole, she sounds like a wonderful girl who is turning out just fine.. You and your husband should indeed be very proud of yourselves!

carole
08-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Aww you guys are too kind, i like to think we have had something to do with how she has turned out, we have tried our best, not the perfect parents but then who is, we have given her stablility and love and guidance, not that she always listened to that,she makes her own mind up about most things,and if her mind is made up you won't change it that's for sure.

The nightclub experience went well especially from a parents point of view, she asked her dad to take her and her three girlfriends in at 11pm and she was home tucked up in bed by 1am, i think that was pretty good going,she was not that fussed on the nightclubs, said one was really packed and quite small, but had a great band, she seemed to enjoy that mostly, and it was so packed she did not even bother to go up to get a drink, sigh of relief from mama here lol.

She is having a party at her friends with her under 18 yr old friends,i think she will enjoy that better, and yes there will be a parent there, so feel good about that.

As for the cheesecake it was divine, anyone want the recipe i will be glad to oblige, everyone raved about it, i have to say it was pretty darn good, but my tummy is not used to that rich food anymore, needless to say it let me know about it,i have been asked to make another one now for her friend.

Thanks for all the nice comments and birthday wishes which i shall pass on to her. cheers.

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2010, 12:27 AM
HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!! I'm glad to hear that she had fun with her friends. They sure grow up fast.:)