PDA

View Full Version : Be a Good Egg Thursday #392.

RICHARD
08-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Since Eggs have been a topic near and dear to my heart this week?

I thought a "GOOD EGG" day was in order!

--------------

Noun 1. good egg - (old-fashioned slang) a good person
good person - a person who is good to other people.

bad egg - (old-fashioned slang) a bad person

-------------

So.......I think that some Egg Recipes are called for and the DOTD?

EGGNOG!

You would have thought I learned my lesson, but nooooooooooo!!!

DONE!

pomtzu
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't even want to LOOK at another egg for quite a while, under your circumstances. :eek:

You know what's good tho??? - Eggnog French Toast. Seriously! Just use eggnog in place of the milk that you would use in the recipe - top with whatever you like - sprinkle some nutmeg on top - YUM!

Catty1
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Eggnog French Toast! What a fab idea!!! I'll have to try that out soon!:D

Karen
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Egg Salad Sammiches, please!

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't even want to LOOK at another egg for quite a while, under your circumstances. :eek:

You know what's good tho??? - Eggnog French Toast. Seriously! Just use eggnog in place of the milk that you would use in the recipe - top with whatever you like - sprinkle some nutmeg on top - YUM!

Ellie, this is a standard when we go camping; Coop makes egg nog french toast with usually an Italian type loaf or baguette sliced up. Sometimes with a whole grain, or occasionally with English Muffins, too. It is wonderful!

happylabs
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I am pretty sick of eggs to be honest with you after doing Atkins for 3 months. However, if someone else is making them, they always taste better. I like an everything omelet with ham, cheese, onions, green peppers, little tiny cubed up tomatoes, did I say cheese? Cheese, cheese, and more cheese. YUM!

lvpets2002
08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
:) Ok Cook can we haves some of that please.. Yes Orc is going after some maple syrup.. No no Orc dont cut down the Maple Tree.. Just go to the Store ok.. Thats our Orc:p

Ellie, this is a standard when we go camping; Coop makes egg nog french toast with usually an Italian type loaf or baguette sliced up. Sometimes with a whole grain, or occasionally with English Muffins, too. It is wonderful!

pomtzu
08-19-2010, 02:55 PM

I'll have to try it with Italian bread or English muffin - that sounds good. ;)

Anybody like red beet eggs???? Let them pickle for several days, so that they're red all the way to the yolk! Another favorite of mine....:)

lvpets2002
08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
:) Mmm do you like soak them in Red Beet Juice?? I love Red Beets (veg)..

Anybody like red beet eggs???? Let them pickle for several days, so that they're red all the way to the yolk! Another favorite of mine....:)

pomtzu
08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
:) Mmm do you like soak them in Red Beet Juice?? I love Red Beets (veg)..

Yup - let them soak. I take a can of beets and drain and save the juice, then add an equal amount of vinegar and equal (or a little less) of water - sugar to taste (start with about 1/4 cup), about 1/4 teasp ground black pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil and pour over 6 hard cooked and peeled eggs and the beets. After it cools, refrigerate - the longer, the better.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Gosh, Richard, hope you feel better soon. :eek:

psst: tomorrow (the 20th) is one of our members birthday! (slick) but don't tell I told! ;) :love:

lvpets2002
08-19-2010, 03:22 PM
:) Oh yum yum that sounds so good.. I can eat a whole can of Red Beets.. So I will have to save them now for the eggs soaking & ect.. Thanks for the recipe..

Yup - let them soak. I take a can of beets and drain and save the juice, then add an equal amount of vinegar and equal (or a little less) of water - sugar to taste (start with about 1/4 cup), about 1/4 teasp ground black pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil and pour over 6 hard cooked and peeled eggs and the beets. After it cools, refrigerate - the longer, the better.

Bonny
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
It sounds like Richard ate a bunch of green eggs as in green eggs & ham Sam I Am. :D Hope you are feeling better Richard & that Pepto Bismol is a godsend especially when you have gurgly guts.

I'll put an order in for a BLT on white toast with some mayo on my sandwich please. :D Tiss the season to BLT it. A glass of nice cold milk to boot.

cassiesmom
08-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Egg Salad Sammiches, please!

One for me, too please - could I have mine on wheat bread, though? Here, I'll make coffee.

RICHARD
08-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Your post says YES, but my tummy says, Wait a few days!;)

Egg nog FT!

DONE!

Catty,

Why wait, DONE!

Karen,
Thanks for reminding me - Buy Paprika!

Egg salad Sammiches? DONE.

When ever I boil eggs?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=97778&highlight=cook

PM,

Can I go camping with you next time?

Happylab,

I ate CHEESE last night.

It will 'bind ya!:D

DONE?

LP,

You just liike to see the ORC drive don't you?:cool:

One order? DONE!

Pom,
THank you for the recipe.

Mix them with a glass of beer?

DONE!

MOFF,

Thanks for the reminder and good thought!

done!

Bonny, BLT, on white, Mayo and cold milk!

DONE!

CM,

Wheat bread and can you heat water for tea?

Please?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Richard of course you can come camping with us! Next camping trip is 3rd week of September and we're considering Kentucky (just 'cause we never have):). In the meantime, I'll have the egg salad this time on whole wheat - with, I think, a nice glass of Pinot Grigio. Thanks, barkeep!:)

slick
08-20-2010, 01:17 AM
How many pet talkers does it take to boil an egg?

One to post the thread.

Some to read the thread

More to volunteer advice.

A couple to admit to their culinary shortcomings.

The original poster to take advice, boil some eggs, forget about them, remember them later, then peel -do a careful examination of said egg, then proclaim she didn't get any bad advice.

How many PTers does it take to boil an egg?

Who cares when you have this much fun doing it and there are no pots to wash? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif OMD Richard: I have not had a look at that thread for a couple of years. LOL I just had to quote this post of yours. That had to be one of the phunniest threads of all time.

I love eggs but don't eat them much anymore. Gotta keep that cholesterol down. The neat thing about PT is that we can all eat as much as we want without guilt. So bring it one.

One very large omlette with cheeze, peppers, onions, bacon (sounds like a pizza :eek:) tomato and sausage bits too. Oh yes, and extra cheeze on top. Does that come with down-home biscuits and gravy?? Yummy!

MOFF! You're early. ;)

RICHARD
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
One very large omlette with cheeze, peppers, onions, bacon (sounds like a pizza :eek:) tomato and sausage bits too. Oh yes, and extra cheeze on top. Does that come with down-home biscuits and gravy?? Yummy!

MOFF! You're early. ;)

So what if MOFF is early? I celebrate all week long...;) One large omelette..DONE!

PM,
Got my sleeping bag packed!:eek:

Egg salad in whole wheat and a Pinot!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2010, 01:01 PM
OMD Richard: I have not had a look at that thread for a couple of years. LOL I just had to quote this post of yours. That had to be one of the phunniest threads of all time.

I love eggs but don't eat them much anymore. Gotta keep that cholesterol down. The neat thing about PT is that we can all eat as much as we want without guilt. So bring it one.

MOFF! You're early. ;)

Me? Early? Naw you must be late!!! ;) :D
I do have the correct month, right? :eek:

RICHARD
08-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Me? Early? Naw you must be late!!! ;) :D
I do have the correct month, right? :eek:

She's trying to confuzzle us!

Killearn Kitties
08-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Aha! Shall I pop into the kitchen and prepare my Egg Surprise in time for lunch?

RICHARD
08-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Aha! Shall I pop into the kitchen and prepare my Egg Surprise in time for lunch?

Surprise me?

The last I ate eggs I was really surprised!:eek:;)