PDA

View Full Version : A new Ed-venture?

RICHARD
08-18-2010, 02:06 PM
It has been a long time since we have had one!

I haven't felt well for the last few days and have been mailing in the stuff that I have had to do around the house.

At night I put the old paper that needs to go to the trash by the front door and this time I had a few old phone books to recycle.

This morning I woke up and went to get the newspaper and walked right by the books and bumped them to the side. I went out, grabbed the paper and walked up the driveway to go feed 'my little frens'. Now that I am out here I may as well go check on my plants, water and maybe pick some of my veggies. I first stop and feed the kids, they welcome me with such fervor at chow time......;)

I go to the back and start to water, talk to my plants, and do a little dawdling about.....I come back inside with my paper, a nice zucchini and thoughts of how sick I am.

I make it to the front room and see the door is open and no sleeping Edward where I left him.

---------------------------

At the morning or evening feeding time, Toonces- the cat that can drive?, usually shows up to meow and reminds me that I have to feed the clan. Ed, ever vigilant and protector of our castle, will get into the pounce position, then make a run at the door.

He stops, just in time to go eyeball to eyeball with Toonces. No hissing, scratching or fighting, just a face to face stare down.

Some one flinches first, I have not kept that score, but as I see it?

IT's a draw every time?;)

---------------------------

My heart drops in my chest and I go to the door and look for the Edster in the immediate area.....Nothing.

@*^%$#^

I walk around the corner and do not see ED.

But, I know where he is.

------------------------

Around my mom's car there are three cats.

Each is in the Meat Loaf position, all pointing in towards a central point that I estimate is right under the passenger seat.

I move to the driver's side, get on my knees.... it takes my eyes a few seconds to adjust and Yep, there's my cat.

I don't know if Ed was corraled by the his outdoors sibs, he panicked because he was outside, of just pussed out because he was outnumbered....

I call at him, kinda laughing at HIS predicament, then sit down to wait him out.

After a few minutes I spy an old Russian hockey stick I have and pick it up.

I am going to try a poke check to see if I can get sweep him out from his position. I get a few 'swipes' in and the third elicits a rather lusty hiss from him.

Two more little pokes, two more hisses and he emerges, looks at me and makes a beeline to the door from which he escaped, he passes one of the frens that ratted him out and gave him a sideways look......

I put the stick aside, pick him up at the door and walk inside, neither of us none the worse for wear.

I was laughing and glad that his/our latest adventure had gone so well.

Now, I know he will not get into a 'catfight' with the outdoor kids, but I do know that without that screen door between them, there can be some hissing and posturing when they get real close.

I am taken back that the Edster might be a puss, but, I still love him and that will not change.....ever.....;):D

happylabs
08-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Awwww...he's a lover, not a fighter.

I hate that sinking feeling when you realize the cat has gotten outside. Glad you were able to find/catch him quickly. :)

RICHARD
08-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Awwww...he's a lover, not a fighter.

I hate that sinking feeling when you realize the cat has gotten outside. Glad you were able to find/catch him quickly. :)

I didn't do anything, My pals ratted him out.:D

catmandu
08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I am surprised by My Panther who gets picked on by the Earl of Ebony who is small but wiry,
I am glad that Panther is not agressine towards the reacoons, as they are natural fighter.
Ed's a laid back California Cat, he doesnt want to fight:cool::cool::cool:

Taz_Zoee
08-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Boy, I could have used your little frens last year when I couldn't find Paizly. The dogs were no help with it. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
08-18-2010, 06:40 PM
What an adventure he had... Maybe he will remember it wasn't that much fun (as in he is out numbered out there) and not attempt to do it again!