PDA

View Full Version : My Dorm!!! *Pics*

Roxyluvsme13
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi guys! I've tried to be on here a lot more lately in my downtime waiting on classes to start, but I just wanted to share some pics of my dorm. College is pretty darn awesome, I must admit. Though I'm not 100% looking forward to classes tomorrow, haha. I only have two though, and one is my Animal Science class, so I'm super excited about that! I really, really miss Lily and Tallulah. Tallulah was super mad that I left and my mom said she's been hiding since I left LOL. And Lily just misses me. I talk to her on the phone and of course, she listens, licks the phone, and occasionally talks back! Okay, I've rambled enough for a lifetime, so, onto the pics!

Bed :)
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d1.jpg

Sink, it's kind of messy. And you can see me in the background haha.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d2.jpg

My desk. Laptop, pics of my girls, blah blah.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d3.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d4.jpg

The MicroFridge! With the UT football schedule on it... hehe.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d5.jpg

More pics coming...

Roxyluvsme13
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Shelf above my desk.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d6.jpg

My half of the room.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d7.jpg

Books!!! (I about died when I paid for these LOL. They were uber expensive!)
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d8.jpg

My UT Snuggie and Purse :p
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d9.jpg

Roxina. A very special gift given to me in honor of Roxy. I absolutely adore her and she is very nice to cuddle with at night.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/Dorm%20Humes%202010-11/d10.jpg

Thaaat's all. Thanks for looking :)!

Husky_mom
08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
it looks very pretty!!.. love your bedding colors

messy you say?.. haha.. you obviously havenīt been to my place.. lol..:o:p

are you feeling homesick yet or not ... besides the missing the pets of course ;)

jennielynn1970
08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Love the pics!! Hope you have a great time at college and do really well in your classes, and have lots of fun!! Makes me miss my college days!

CountryWolf07
08-17-2010, 09:12 PM
How exciting! Enjoy college. I miss it! University of Tennessee, huh? That was where I wanted to go when I was a Junior in high school.. but ended up with Ohio State University! :) HAVE FUN & STUDY HARD!

Marigold2
08-17-2010, 09:36 PM
It looks very comfy and cozy. Congrats. Work hard, play hard, party little.

Roxyluvsme13
08-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys :D.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little homesick haha. I really miss my mom and I call her quite frequently. Lily misses me terribly, and Tallulah is just really mad, like I said haha. I kind of even miss my hometown and I thought I wouldn't be saying that EVER :p.

Knoxville is great though and I love UT, it's just so BIG and overwhelming! There's a lotta walking, but thank goodness for buses!

And I plan on studying hard and doing well. I have to if I even want a chance at getting into Vet school!

sana
08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Nice rooms. You think that your rooms mesy well you haven't seen my room. If mom's not doing the cleaning for some weeks, you'll see beds messy, my study table messy and don't ever open my cupboard, you get buried in my junk. I love collected things, doing art stuff but I NEVER CLEAN UP! Well, now I'm practicing to stop making mess. hehe.. I agree with Husky's mom, the bedding's nice. Hope you have a great time in the college.

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
It looks very nice and I hope that you'll do well there.:) In time you'll get used to living away from home. Hopefully you and your roommate will get along and become great friends. Good luck.:)

sirrahbed
08-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Your new room and decorations are so cute - you did such a nice job of making everything look cozy:) It has been about 30 years since I went off to college myself, but I still well remember how lonesome it felt for the first few weeks & months. I lived only a couple hours from home and made quite a few weekend visits at first. This is all very normal and hopefully you will soon get involved in things and start feeling very happy and busy. Thanks for sharing your pictures - enjoy this new part of your life:D

Tell us about your first day of classes, ok?

Roxyluvsme13
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm looking very forward to the visit my mother is planning soon haha. I only live a couple of hours away from here, but it feels like the longest distance ever.

I have classes here in about an hour. Psychology 12:20-1:10 and then Animal Science 2:30-4:25. I'll give y'all an update about how they went when I get back this evening :D!

Daisy and Delilah
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Totally awesome, Bri!! Your room is great. I can't believe you're in college. I feel like we've known you forever here on Pet Talk. Have fun and enjoy college life. I know you will do well!!! Go UT!!!! :D :D :D

lvpets2002
08-18-2010, 11:00 AM
:) WoW that is all pretty nice looking.. Congrats & Good Luck..

Karen
08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Your room looks great, and I love that you have plenty of stuffed animals to keep you company. Roxina is adorable, but you know that!

Pembroke_Corgi
08-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats on starting college! Your dorm looks cozy- do you have a roommate? It's hard to leave home for the first time, especially if you can't take your pets! I'm sure you will get to see your family soon though. :)

Good luck with your classes! (And you should try buying your textbooks from amazon.com...it will save you hundreds of dollars!)

Roxyluvsme13
08-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Classes went pretty well! We didn't really do much. I got out 10 minutes early in Psychology and Animal Science was 2 hours, but it was cool.

I'm a little nervous about my GPA and keeping good grades and stuff now though. They told us all of this stuff about getting into Vet School and it's a little bit scary!

Yes, I have a roommate. And PC, thanks for the tip. I couldn't have bought them online this time because of the fact that I didn't have any money to use my debit card or whatever yet, haha. But I might try that next semester! I also had to buy one of my books new because I had to have some stupid access code or whatever for the E-version.

I'll keep y'all updated on how my other 3 classes go tomorrow!

jennielynn1970
08-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Bri, you are going to do great!!! Just keep an open mind, do the best you can do, and be proud of where you are and what you are doing!

Hope you have a good weekend!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Bri, you are going to do great!!! Just keep an open mind, do the best you can do, and be proud of where you are and what you are doing!

Hope you have a good weekend!!

Classes today were pretty blah. My Biology class is HUUUGE. So was my psychology class yesterday.

Tomorrow it's back to Psych and Animal Science. 15 minutes to get from one side of campus to the other, oh boy :/.

sana
08-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Pretty big college huh? Well, good luck in college!:love:

happylabs
08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Classes went pretty well! We didn't really do much. I got out 10 minutes early in Psychology and Animal Science was 2 hours, but it was cool.

I'm a little nervous about my GPA and keeping good grades and stuff now though. They told us all of this stuff about getting into Vet School and it's a little bit scary!

Yes, I have a roommate. And PC, thanks for the tip. I couldn't have bought them online this time because of the fact that I didn't have any money to use my debit card or whatever yet, haha. But I might try that next semester! I also had to buy one of my books new because I had to have some stupid access code or whatever for the E-version.

I'll keep y'all updated on how my other 3 classes go tomorrow!

Oh, you will do great! You have the right attitude and of course the smarts to go along with it.

Dorm room looks familiar. My daughter will be going back to college next week for her 3rd year. Wow...time flies.

Good luck!

Roxyluvsme13
08-19-2010, 10:55 PM

And yes, UT is humongous lol. There's like 26,400 students and tons and tons of buildings. Plus it's mostly a walking campus, though we do have buses.

sana
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
You'll be as thin as a stick when you finish college. My mom tell me to put on some weight becuase college is coming near and there is a lot of walking in a college. My sister is going to start college and she'll be a stick by the end of her college days.

Roxyluvsme13
08-19-2010, 11:06 PM
You'll be as thin as a stick when you finish college. My mom tell me to put on some weight becuase college is coming near and there is a lot of walking in a college. My sister is going to start college and she'll be a stick by the end of her college days.
I wouldn't mind losing weight, haha. But I try to take the buses as often as I can. Sometimes I have to.

sana
08-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Haha!!!:D Yeah take the bus. You won't lose weight then.:);)

Cataholic
08-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Ahhhhh....nothing says college like painted cinderblock walls!

Bri- I am so excited for you! Just stay focused and remember that you are there to study first, have fun second. :)

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Good old cinderblock walls indeed :D.

Hehe, I will. I just have to figure out a whole study routine and how I'm going to go about studying then I'm all set.

Miss Z
08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for posting these, Bri, and when I move into my uni flat I'll definitely try to get some pictures up of the room and of London as soon as I can!

The univeristy sounds huge! I think I'd be lost amongst so many other students! London uni is collegiate unlike a lot of the unis over here and so many of the students are spread out. I think there'll be around 200 in my RVC yeargroup with around 70 doing my BSc(Hons)/BVetMed Combined course. :)

Do you self-cater? I know the catered halls in London cost an absolute bomb and seeing as my loan won't even fully cover my self-catered halls, they were pretty much out of the question. :p

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for posting these, Bri, and when I move into my uni flat I'll definitely try to get some pictures up of the room and of London as soon as I can!

The univeristy sounds huge! I think I'd be lost amongst so many other students! London uni is collegiate unlike a lot of the unis over here and so many of the students are spread out. I think there'll be around 200 in my RVC yeargroup with around 70 doing my BSc(Hons)/BVetMed Combined course. :)

Do you self-cater? I know the catered halls in London cost an absolute bomb and seeing as my loan won't even fully cover my self-catered halls, they were pretty much out of the question. :p
It is so freaking huge, ugh. I'll have to go out and take some pictures around campus when I get the chance. Although it's really huge, it is really pretty. And I think it's the oldest, or one of the oldest Universities in TN. Some of the original buildings from when it was called "Blount College" are still here, though I believe the oldest building is being renovated, maybe? We also have some places that are rumored to be haunted, which I think is pretty cool :D.

There are around 84 Animal Science majors, or 84 Pre-Vet, one of the other. Animal Science has like 3 concentrations though. Animal Industry, Pre-Vet, Pre-Vet 3+1 and Bioscience or something like that.

I feel dumb asking this, but what's self-cater? LOL

Karen
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I feel dumb asking this, but what's self-cater? LOL

I think she means - did you buy a meal plan, or do you cook for yourself? We HAD to pay for a meal plan at the dorm I lived at the first two years of college, which was a big chunk of money, and for not very good food. I tended to live off the cereal and the salad bar - we'd take raw ingredients back from the salad bar and cook our own food sometimes.

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I think she means - did you buy a meal plan, or do you cook for yourself? We HAD to pay for a meal plan at the dorm I lived at the first two years of college, which was a big chunk of money, and for not very good food. I tended to live off the cereal and the salad bar - we'd take raw ingredients back from the salad bar and cook our own food sometimes.

Ohh, gotcha.

We have a meal plan. Some dorms require it and some don't, mine does. It's like $1,682 a semester, but I have unlimited meals and we have these really nice cafeteria style places where they swipe our ID card and it takes off a meal.

Then we have places like Chick fil-a, IHOP, Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. We can use "Dining dollars" for those or this thing called meal equivalency where we can use a certain amount counting towards a meal and pay for the rest via dining dollars.

We also have grocery stores/convenience stores on campus (though they're outrageously priced) and we have kitchens we can get the key to and kitchen items we can borrow from the front desk :p.

That's horrible that your food was awful though, Karen. They could have at least gave you some decent nutrition!

Miss Z
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that was what I meant. Hehe, the English language lost in translation! :)

Glad that the food is good! I love cooking but after I've had a few hard days studying I can quite easily see myself dropping the cookbooks for beans on toast and as many free drinks as I can scrounge in the bars. :p I guess catered would always be easier, haha.

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
They should give you a meal plan, pfft. But everything I have is paid for, so I guess that's why it was easy for me to get one. I bet your tuition is probably a lot higher than mine too since you're going to an awesome University in London haha.

Maybe you'll find someone to cook for you? ;)

Miss Z
08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe you'll find someone to cook for you? ;)

I dunno how happy the boyfriend would be on that one. :p

Karen
08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
That's horrible that your food was awful though, Karen. They could have at least gave you some decent nutrition!

It was truly bad, I lived at one college as the college I went to (Mass Art) didn't yet have dorms, so they made agreements with two other colleges, Emerson and Emmanual. I lived at Emmanual, which had a closer campus to Mass Art, and the first semester particularly had dreadful food. Everything was shredded, breaded and fried, so you could only tell by the shape weather it was beef (round), chicken (rectangular), pork (pork chop shaped) or fish (square), but my saving grace was the salad bar - at least there were fresh vegetables there! After that semester, so many people complained that they changed the food service company, I think people were really getting sick.

Thankfully, there was a regular supermarket pretty close, and it was open 24 hours, so we always had that option. Being in Boston, there's always some possibility for food, if you have any money!

UT is so big, sounds like you have plenty of good choices.

We look forward to pictures of the campus when you have a chance!

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Zara Make the boyfriend go with you and make him cook ;).

It was truly bad, I lived at one college as the college I went to (Mass Art) didn't yet have dorms, so they made agreements with two other colleges, Emerson and Emmanual. I lived at Emmanual, which had a closer campus to Mass Art, and the first semester particularly had dreadful food. Everything was shredded, breaded and fried, so you could only tell by the shape weather it was beef (round), chicken (rectangular), pork (pork chop shaped) or fish (square), but my saving grace was the salad bar - at least there were fresh vegetables there! After that semester, so many people complained that they changed the food service company, I think people were really getting sick.

Thankfully, there was a regular supermarket pretty close, and it was open 24 hours, so we always had that option. Being in Boston, there's always some possibility for food, if you have any money!

UT is so big, sounds like you have plenty of good choices.

We look forward to pictures of the campus when you have a chance!
That sounds so disgusting haha. I'm glad we have good food here :p. I love going to the grocery store on campus (Which it's also really close to my dorm) but it's so expensive that I'm kind of afraid to buy anything :rolleyes:.

I'm excited to get out and take some pictures, hehe. We have so many pretty buildings and historic-ness! I'll get out and take some as soon as I can ^_^!

sana
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Do show the pictures of your college. And good luck for tomorrow ;)

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Do show the pictures of your college. And good luck for tomorrow ;)
I will! And no classes tomorrow, haha. I survived my first week, woohoo!

sana
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice! oh yeah tomorrow's Saturday. Saturday Sunday holiday? Well, good to hear you survived the first week!:D

dab_20
08-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Awesome Bri! I'm excited for you. I start college this Wednesday! I am not staying at the dorms though... Too much of a wimp to move out yet hehe. And school is only a few minutes drive away. What're you studying? Sorry if you already said... I haven't read the thread all the way through.

Your dorm sure looks cute!! :)

Roxyluvsme13
08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Awesome Bri! I'm excited for you. I start college this Wednesday! I am not staying at the dorms though... Too much of a wimp to move out yet hehe. And school is only a few minutes drive away. What're you studying? Sorry if you already said... I haven't read the thread all the way through.

Your dorm sure looks cute!! :)

Woo, college! :D

Animal Science - Pre-Veterinary Concentration :)!

Catty1
08-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Bri, I remember your FB posts and the high marks you scored on tests - you'll do great! It seems that first year in EVERY university/college the workload is especially heavy - maybe to weed out the ones who don't really want to move ahead?

But I know you will be brilliant! Zara, same thing. Looking forward to photos and reports on life and on the FOOD! :D

Roxyluvsme13
08-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Bri, I remember your FB posts and the high marks you scored on tests - you'll do great! It seems that first year in EVERY university/college the workload is especially heavy - maybe to weed out the ones who don't really want to move ahead?

But I know you will be brilliant! Zara, same thing. Looking forward to photos and reports on life and on the FOOD! :D
Yeah, I haven't started my readings yet :o but I need to do that ASAP haha. Tomorrow is gonna be a study day.

And thank you, I'm going to try and hopefully succeed :D!

sana
08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
As you speak it sounds like you're having quite a lot of fun in college. Meaning you're settling in the college earlier than anybody does.

Roxyluvsme13
08-21-2010, 10:47 PM
As you speak it sounds like you're having quite a lot of fun in college. Meaning you're settling in the college earlier than anybody does.
Everybody's said it's a big transition, but I mean really, you move on your own, you go to classes, you study, you have a little fun. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe nothing has happened to me yet or I haven't got to the stressed out point yet. I probably shouldn't be saying I don't think it's a big deal because I'm pretty sure it will be as soon as I type this. :P So I take all of that back hahaha.

sana
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Everybody's said it's a big transition, but I mean really, you move on your own, you go to classes, you study, you have a little fun. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe nothing has happened to me yet or I haven't got to the stressed out point yet. I probably shouldn't be saying I don't think it's a big deal because I'm pretty sure it will be as soon as I type this. :P So I take all of that back hahaha.

hahaha!!!:D But, I think you'll have a perfect year.:)

Suki Wingy
08-24-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm so happy for you Bri! College is so exciting. I never got to have the dorm experience because the one semester I did was near my dad's house and I had a car to commute. I'm looking forward to going back to college myself next semester.

Roxyluvsme13
08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm so happy for you Bri! College is so exciting. I never got to have the dorm experience because the one semester I did was near my dad's house and I had a car to commute. I'm looking forward to going back to college myself next semester.
WOO college :p. You should have totally tried to stay in a dorm. It's just an experience you have to have haha.