PDA

View Full Version : My Home Computer will not unfreeze!!

catmandu
08-17-2010, 09:47 AM
And I cannot unfreeze it to get the Computer back to a safe date.
It just sits there not moving.
Is there anyone who knows Computers who can help an Old Cat Man???:confused::confused::confused:

Karen
08-17-2010, 09:52 AM
What happens if you just shut it off and turn it back on?

katladyd
08-17-2010, 12:10 PM
If you shut it off and then restart your computer, and press F8 while it is starting up, you will (if your computer is anything like mine) go into Safe Mode. You can then go into either Settings, then into Control Panel. You will see System on the menu and click on System Restore, which should be a tab on the top of the box. From System Restore, you will see a calendar and you click on a date from say, a week ago, before the trouble started, and your computer will go back to how it was on that date. If you have picked up a virus, which this sounds like, it will take the computer back to a date before you got the virus and your computer should be fine. If this doesn't work, you can always call someone, a tech guy, and they can come out and fix it. This sounds fairly simple, Gary, and shouldn't cost a lot. Good luck.

catmandu
08-18-2010, 09:18 AM
I will try taht katladyd.
I think in deleting unnessecary files , I delted an important one.
This has not been a good month :eek::eek::eek:

katladyd
08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
I have always found if I can get through the bad times, wonderful things start to happen. I do hope that is the case with you. You are having more than your share of tough times right now. Know that you have friends here who care for you. That is more than a lot of people have. Hang in there, okay?:love:

smokey the elder
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Yo, poop fairy! Leave Gary alone. He doesn't need any s#$% from you.

Catty1
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Gary, ask the people at the library if they know someone who would help you for free - like a high school student, or even their own computer tech. I am sure they have someone that looks after their computers. Make sure that person checks your anti-virus program and that it is up-to-date, and scheduled to scan every day.

Best of luck!

catmandu
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I got back on, and will not close off, I will keep it on stand by so I dont lose the connection.:cool::cool::cool:
Its slow but I am trying to delete all the unneccessary things so I can at least communicate somewhat.:confused::confused::confused:
This is nothing compared to the fact that Joseph and Princess are gone. I miss them so much , My Little Princess focused on me as she didnt care for the Young Cats.:love::love::love::cool:

moosmom
08-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Gary,

Have you cleaned out your disk space??? You need to do that once a month to get rid of any temporary files.

Another thing to do, if your computer doesn't do it automatically, defragment computer once a month as well.

Also...go into "run" from your start button. Type in "cookies" and hit enter. This will bring up all the temporary files you don't need. Eliminate ALL but the "index" file. That you do not want to delete.

Hope this helps.

Smokey the Elder,

You WERE kidding in your post labled "Yo, poop queen". That was kind of harsh. If you were joking, I apologize.

smokey the elder
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
"Poop queen" is a bowlderized version of s$%^ fairy, which is a nasty being referenced on another more colorful forum that causes people trouble. This wasn't directed at anyone here, just at, well, the poop queen!

moosmom
08-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Smokey the Elder,

Okey Dokey, dude!!!;):D

katladyd
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Gary, something good is going to come your way soon, I just know it! No one deserves it more!