PDA

View Full Version : number of posts

Cookiebaker
10-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me why I might have lost about 10-15 posts?? Why would that happen? I'm not upset or anything, just curious...:confused:

AmberLee
10-23-2002, 08:33 PM
??? When we changed to this new software (back in January or so) there were a LOT of duplicate posts and when they were removed some of us lost a few from our counts, but I don't think anyone's cleaned out the dulicates in a long while. I'm not sure why this would happen.

I've been very curious about a name in your signature block (you've probably already answered this in another thread, sorry)...

Is your Rilla-my-rilla named for the central character in 'Rilla of Ingleside' by L. M. Montgomery? I love that series...

Cookiebaker
10-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Is your Rilla-my-rilla named for the central character in 'Rilla of Ingleside' by L. M. Montgomery? I love that series...

Hee hee, yup it kind of is. She is named Amarilla (yellow in Spanish) which quickly got shortened to Rilla, and affectionately, called Rilla-my-rilla. Yes, this stemmed from Rilla of Ingleside, as I Love that series also. I have over 30 of L.M.Montgomery books, as she was my favorite author in my teen years.

AmberLee
10-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Someday we must compare titles. I think I may have all the Montgomery books, but perhaps I missed one or two.

I still reread some of them. I'm still very fond of "The Blue Castle", "Jane of Lantern Hill", and ... oh, bother, I've forgotten the title, but it's about the funny/tragic happenings in a family squabbling over the inheritance of a jug. Aunt Becky left some conditions on who would get it that wouldn't be known for a year and more after she died...

Cookiebaker
10-23-2002, 09:24 PM
The Blue Castle & Kilmeny of the Orchard were my two favorites. I read them countless number of times.

I don't recognize the one with the jug & Aunt Becky...the only one I never read (that I know of) is Magic for Marigold. Somehow I never could get into it. Is that the one? (No, my kitty wasn't named after it either) :rolleyes: