PDA

View Full Version : Maddox Flynn home after second surgery

Catty1
08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100814/EDM_Maddoz_101408/20100814/?hub=CalgaryHome

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20100814/430maddox3.jpg
Shots of Maddox before surgery (left) after his first operation (centre) and after returning from his second surgery on Saturday (right).

Updated: Sat Aug. 14 2010 18:27:24

Jessica Earle, ctvedmonton.ca

A much beloved two-and-a-half year old is back in our city after spending a month in the Big Apple recovering from his second major facial surgery.

Maddox, along with dad Mike and mom Nicole, landed at the Edmonton International just before 11 a.m. Saturday.

The proud parents are amazed at how the operations have reduced the lymphatic malformation that once covered half of their son's face.

"I think he looks beautiful," said Nicole Champagne.

"I've always thought he looks beautiful but he just looks amazing. He's got a good chance at a great life now without discrimination and that's the whole point of helping."

The family wasn't planning on staying in New York for so long, but doctors advised them not to leave after Maddox experienced some facial swelling related to the July 19th surgery on his cheek.

The toddler's dad says he's grateful this hurdle is behind them.

"We are basically done the big part," said Mike.

"We are happy. It's good to be home and Maddox looks awesome."

Maddox and Nicole will next return to New York on September 13th so doctors can give the toddler a steroid injection that will help break down the scar tissue in his face. Then they will take another trip in October for a skin graft and touch ups.

Until that time, the family says it's eager to catch up on rest.

"For the most part he is great," said Nicole.

"He is exhausted - we all are."

With Files from Kevin Armstrong

phesina
08-15-2010, 10:31 AM
That's great. God bless Maddox and his family and his medical people.

K9karen
08-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow!. Amazing!

I know people complain that docs make tons of money. But I cringe when I read that an actor, playing a doctor on TV, makes more. Maddox's medical team are incredible. I can't believe what an awesome job they did. I'm so happy for the family and little Maddox. What a cutie.