PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Yodie surprised me again!

Medusa
08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
I came home early after running a few errands yesterday b/c I had the first headache I've had in years. It was so bad that I had to lie down and I stayed down most of yesterday and slept in until 8:00 this morning. (I'm an early riser.) I still feel lousy today, sort of like a hangover, my head is kinda sore from the headache, so I'm going to just lie down and listen to some TV b/c it hurts to watch right now. (Is this a migraine? I've never had one.) Yodie decided to sleep by me and she curled up next to me. Now if it had been Creamsicle, that wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. Cgirl is my little Flo Nightingale. But Yodie? Ever since her last ear polyp surgery she has been so lovable and attentive to me, after she got over her mad, that is. Wish I could've snapped a pic of it. I was really touched. Think I'll sign off now b/c looking at the monitor isn't all that pleasant right now either.

phesina
08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, that is so sweet of Yodie! Your own little nurse looking after you.

I hope the headache is gone soon, Mary.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Aw, how sweet of Yodie! Hope you feel better soon! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Yodie probably feels very good these days so now she wants to take care of you.:) I hope that you feel better soon. Yes, it could be a migraine. I've had bad headaches that have lasted 2-3 days before.

Medusa
08-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I felt fairly decent for a little while but I could tell that the headache was trying to come back so I hope that I preempted the pain by taking a pain pill. I was on heavy duty pain pills at one time for other pain but haven't taken any in several months. Yesterday, I took 3 of them during the course of the day and one muscle relaxer at bedtime and it didn't make a dent in the pain. When I slept, I had nightmares but the pain kept waking me up. If this is a migraine, I don't know how you migraine sufferers deal w/it all the time. I have a high tolerance for pain but this just debilitated me.

I just recently got new glasses and they're entirely too strong so I have another appt. for a Rx check, whatever that is. No matter; my dr. absolutely must change the Rx, even if it's back to what I had. I wasn't having vision problems, just went in for my checkup. I tried the new glasses again yesterday and it was shortly afterwards that my head started to hurt. The pain was at the occipital ridge, right at the base of my skull on the left side and in my left eye and left side of my face. I've never felt anything like it ever.

I can't stay on here too long. It's starting to hurt again. And Boo has decided to be my nurse maid now, so I want to take advantage of it. Coco Puff is also getting in on the act. I wonder if they can smell the headache. I can usually smell a migraine when someone near me is getting one.

Laura's Babies
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
That Rx check should be to see if the lens are what the Rx called for.. I have been given the wrong Rx so many times... It really messes you UP! That is why I always keep my old glasses... I have gotten so many new ones that I could not use and had to go back to my old ones so I had something I could wear until I got the right ones..

Hope you get to feeling better soon girl!

catmandu
08-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Yodie's love for you was always there :) but it really come to the fore when Yodie sensed that his Meeowmie :cool: is not well so he had to be your side
and give you his warmth and company:D
He wants his Meeowmie to feel good and be well.
:love::love::love:

katladyd
08-14-2010, 07:42 PM
I've had migraines off an on for thrity years. What you are going through sounds EXACTLY like a migraine, though I've never been able to sleep through one. Sometimes they get so bad I have to go to the emergency room and get a shot of some kind of morphine derivitive. Haven't had to do that for many years, but it can come to that. I do hope you feel better very quickly! Oh, if you have a too strong a lens in your prescription glasses, it can definitely cause a migraine! Please take care and know we are all thinking of you.

momcat
08-15-2010, 03:43 PM
It could be the wrong glasses. I hope the pain eases up and you feel better by the time you see this. Sounds like your devoted kitty nurses are right there on the job. Groucho sends you feel better purrs.

Catty1
08-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Try wearing your old glasses in the meantime, if you still have them. I hope you feel better SOON.:love::love::love:

Medusa
08-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Try wearing your old glasses in the meantime, if you still have them. I hope you feel better SOON.:love::love::love:

I won't even put the new glasses on for a second. I have an appt. this morning w/my eye dr. and he WILL make the correction.

No sign of that awful headache and no sign of the Fur Posse either. LOL They were good nursemaids but once I felt better, they were on to something else. Coco Puff, whom I've been calling Louie the Lips b/c he's into everything, misses making mischief, I'm sure. Yodie's back to yowling w/her catnip toy in her mouth. Everything is back to "normal". :)

smokey the elder
08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
They sure know when you're feeling punk, don't they? Pink Nose has this ritual where he'll sit in my lap and groom me for like 10 minutes, like "I need to get the lab stinkies off Mama!" I'm glad you're feeling better. The whole glasses thing sure sounds fishy!