PDA

View Full Version : You can't impound me, Officer - I'm a mom!

columbine
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.kpho.com/news/24583908/detail.html

PRESCOTT, Ariz. -- A pit bull named Dutchess surprised a Prescott Valley police officer by giving birth in the car on the way to the station.

The officer was called to take the dog into custody on Friday because it was never picked up by the owners, according to police. Upon arrival, they spoke with the woman who had been watching the dog and learned its name.

The officer asked the woman if Dutchess was pregnant because she appeared to be by the officer’s observations. The woman told him that she was not, according to the officer.

The officer transported Dutchess to the Prescott Valley Police Department to be impounded.

The officer was surprised to find that Dutchess had given birth to a male puppy during the ride to the station. The officer took Dutchess to the PVPD kennel and brought the puppy to her. While in the kennel, Dutchess gave birth to another puppy.

Dutchess was taken to the Yavapai Humane Society to be impounded and receive additional care for her and her puppies. It is unknown how many puppies she had in the litter.

Attempts to contact her reported owner are ongoing, police said.

Love, Columbine

lizbud
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Wonderful way to make a great 1st impression.:D I hope Mom and
babies are doing well.