PDA

View Full Version : NY police find live cat 'marinating' in car trunk *(Don't Read This if Easily Upset)*

Anikaca77
08-11-2010, 07:04 AM
I hope this guy never gets another animal again. Poor thing, thank goodness the cops investigated.

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Police say a traffic stop led to animal cruelty charges after they found a live cat "marinating" in oil and peppers in the trunk of a car.

Buffalo police say officers heard the cat meowing when they stopped 51-year-old Gary Korkuc of Cheektowaga to ticket him for running a stop sign Sunday night.

They say they checked the trunk and found 4-year-old Navarro in a cage, his fur covered with oil, crushed red peppers and chili peppers.

Police say Korkuc told them he did it because Navarro was ill-tempered. Korkuc was charged with cruelty and released; his phone number isn't listed.

Police say he told them he was going to cook Navarro. Korkuc also told officers a number of things that didn't make sense, including that his neutered male cat was pregnant.

Animal advocates have cleaned Navarro and put him up for adoption.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100811/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_marinating_cat;_ylt=AjO778NIOdG2CI.IcfQzwha s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTJpdjZpZ2dpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODE xL3VzX29kZF9tYXJpbmF0aW5nX2NhdARwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fb W9zdF9wb3B1bGFyBHNsawNueXBvbGljZWZpbmQ-

momcat
08-11-2010, 07:45 AM
This story is in the Trenton newspaper today. That poor kitty! What a cruel and stupid thing to do :mad: I can't help but wonder why el dopo had the cat in the trunk of his car to start with. It's great to know that the police heard this poor little kitty meowing and checked it out.

Don't worry, kitty, you're safe now. Some caring people took you in, cleaned you up, and will keep you safe. I pray that you find your furever home very soon and you'll know nothing but love from now on.

sana
08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
This is outrageous. How could that dumb head idiot do that?!:mad: All bad words for that idiot and thank GOD the police found the kitty. Caring and sweet words for you kitty. :)Hope that idiot guy goes to Hell on the top floor of hell where he burns like hell.:) That dope I am so angry!!!:mad:

lvpets2002
08-11-2010, 10:39 AM
:mad: How so Disgusting & Horrible.. Eye for an Eye = Lets Do The Same Thing To This Man..

:( Poor wittle Kitty Baby.. I sure hope you will be fine & can get a new home with loving people this time & live your life to the fullest.. You are such a Cutie Pie.. Thank you Police Officer for hearing the baby & checking into the baby's where abouts..

Karen
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Sounds like the guy is either mentally ill, or was on mind-altering substances. Thank goodness the officers heard the kitty, he's now better off, no question!

Daisy and Delilah
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Sounds like the guy is either mentally ill, or was on mind-altering substances. Thank goodness the officers heard the kitty, he's now better off, no question!

My thoughts exactly. What a sicko. I hope that little kitty will have a wonderful life.

phesina
08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh, God bless that police officer.. and thank you, God, for keeping this kitty alive to be found and rescued.

Dear little Kitty, may the rest of your life be filled with joy and comfort and love and a wonderful family to call your own.

moosmom
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I have MANY names for that dirtbag, none of which I can print here. Thank God the cop found Navarro and he is now safe. Personally, I'd stick hot pepper and oil up that a=holes butt followed by a grill lighter. We'll see how fast this bastard cooks. UGH!!!:mad:

**THIS POST IS MY OPINION ONLY AND IN NO WAY IS A THREAT TO ANYONE.

Anikaca77
08-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Personally, I'd stick hot pepper and oil up that a=holes butt followed by a grill lighter. We'll see how fast this bastard cooks. UGH!!!:mad:
ahahhaha :)

Catty1
08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Navarro - now Oliver - has a new home! :D

Full article here:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/08/cat-found-marinating-in-new-york-mans-trunk-has-a-new-home.html

http://sharing.wavy.com/sharewlin//photo/2010/08/11/Police_man_marinating_75127a26-83ea-4cdf-be5a-b5bec40125a90001_20100811030650_320_240.JPG

Video from ABC with his new mom! (have to click on it on the news page...I have no idea how to embed it here. YouTube versions weren't as good)
http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/national/animal-cruelty-charges-for-man-who-marinated-his-cat

Fortunately, Navarro's story has a positive outcome. Several area animal lovers stepped forward to adopt him, but Cheektowaga, N.Y., resident Vicki Dankowski was the one to bring the once hard-luck cat home. She decided a change of name was in order, and voila: Navarro became Oliver.

"My sister and I went over to the SPCA and interacted and played with Oliver for a few hours and then started the adoption process," Dankowski explained to Fox News. He joins Dankowski's other cat, Anna Belle, and though the two haven't become fast friends, she's confident they'll get along eventually.

The upshot is, "Navarro spent last night curled up on a bed in his wonderful, new home," according to a statement on the SPCA's website.

Anikaca77
08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for posting this, I'm so glad to hear that he is safe and sound with a new owner!

Melissa

lvpets2002
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
:love: Woo Hoo now Oliver = that is Great News of your New FurrEver Loving New Home..

sana
08-13-2010, 08:00 PM
YAAHHOOO!!! THANK GOD OLIVER ENDED UP IN A HAPPY HOME!!! :D:D:DI really hope he lives happily and feels safe there and is safe there.;)

phesina
08-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Hooray for Oliver! Welcome home, dearest kitty, to the life you deserve! May you live long and prosper with much love and good health and good food. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Now all we need to do is round up that sh*tbird that did all that awful stuff to Navarro/Oscar and stick HIM in someone's trunk to marinate for a while covered with oil, crushed red peppers and chili peppers. We can then drive the car to.. now where are the heat and humidity the ABSOLUTE worst right now?.. in this country or elsewhere.. a trip to Russia might be in order for this guy!

sana
08-14-2010, 10:55 PM
No no, I'll tell you the hottest place in the world. Its a city Jacobabad in Pakistan. I live in Pakistan so just parcel him to me with a non-fragile written on the box. I'll send him off to the next province and ta da. He is done for.;)

phesina
08-15-2010, 10:38 AM
No no, I'll tell you the hottest place in the world. Its a city Jacobabad in Pakistan. I live in Pakistan so just parcel him to me with a non-fragile written on the box. I'll send him off to the next province and ta da. He is done for.;)

EXCELLENT! (Calling FedEx...)

IRescue452
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
The man obviously has mental health issues, and all you guys can think of is how to harm him. To me, that train of thought just furthers the mental health issues in this country. This guy should either be locked up in a home away from society for life or just plain put to sleep. I don't think these kinds of people can be cured.

sana
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
EXCELLENT! (Calling FedEx...)
I love the FedEx ;)