PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch has no sound...

RobiLee
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I use my ipod every day and today I can't get any sound from it. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I miss my ipod :(

Alysser
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
My first suggestion is a restore. Plug it into your computer with Itunes on. Hold the Home and the sleep button (one on top) at the same time for about 10 or 15 seconds. Sometimes my Ipod doesn't turn on, and it just needs a reboot. Is anything else wrong that isn't working right?

Karen
08-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Did you try the side button that turns up the volume? What happens when you try that? Have you dropped it lately? Are you trying to listen to it with our without the earbuds?

RobiLee
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I used it in the car this morning and all was fine. When I got in my car to go home from work there was no sound. No sound in the car. No sound with the ear buds and no sound on its own. Nothing happens when I push the volumn control on the side.

Karen
08-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Have you plugged it into your computer and tried updating the software if there's an update available? If that doesn't work, I'd bring it to an Apple store.

RobiLee
08-10-2010, 04:56 AM
I did what Alyssa suggested and it is working now. I've had it for about 8 months now and use it every day and never had this happen before. Wonder why it did this. Thanks for your help!

CountryWolf07
08-10-2010, 07:40 AM
I had the exact same problem when it came to no sound on my Ipod. It worked fine before I plugged it in to play in the car, then after, it'd stop and no sound would come out of it but it would still be playing, whatever song it was. I just took it to the Apple store and had them check it out since it was still under warranty. They reset and restored it for me, so it worked out fine now. :)

Alysser
08-10-2010, 08:39 AM
The restore option is a wonderful thing :) I am glad I could be of help to you. My dad explained it to me once, why they sometimes need to be restored but I don't remember half of what he said. Mine only needed it twice so far in the 2 years I've had it. As long as it works afterwards, I'm happy.