PDA

View Full Version : May I Brag A Little ?

lizbud
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
First, he didn't tell me about this until last Christmas & then slipped it
into casual dinner conversation. He has a patent. Had a project he was
working on for his employer & needed a part he didn't have, so he invented one.:) He's the first in our family to have patented anything that I know of.
I'd don't pretend to understand it, but he explained it all to me anyway.:D

PS. That's my boy.:)

pomtzu
08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Congratulations are in order - but who is "he" in relation to you? :confused:

My brother also had some patents and the only one in the family that I know of.

lizbud
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Congratulations are in order - but who is "he" in relation to you? :confused:

My brother also had some patents and the only one in the family that I know of.

Ooops, that's my son.:)

Freedom
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
How wonderful! Congrats to your son!
You may brag all you want ( not just a little) this is a big deal! You must be very proud.

Catlady711
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't understand any of it either, but very cool to have a patent.:)

My uncle once said he had invented something and was in the process of applying for a patent on it. However he wouldn't tell anyone what it was until the patent was approved. Unfortunately he died from a very agressive cancer before the patent was approved and we never did get to find out what it was he invented.:(

Puckstop31
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Cool!

Maybe this is for the lawyers... But that patent becomes the IP of the company, right? Or does he get some kind of right to the idea?

Grace
08-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Another who doesn't understand it. I first saw the word "umbilical" and thought it might be a medical device.

Congratulations!! When your kids do something special it reaffirms that you did a good job raising them.

lizbud
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Another who doesn't understand it. I first saw the word "umbilical" and thought it might be a medical device.

Congratulations!! When your kids do something special it reaffirms that you did a good job raising them.

As he explained it to me, it's a device to both attach and/or separate from a missile (rocket) without interfering with angle of trajectory.

His manager urged him to patent the device & later sell the rights to the company, which he did. That's my boy. I'm so proud of him.:)

lizbud
08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't understand any of it either, but very cool to have a patent.:)

My uncle once said he had invented something and was in the process of applying for a patent on it. However he wouldn't tell anyone what it was until the patent was approved. Unfortunately he died from a very agressive cancer before the patent was approved and we never did get to find out what it was he invented.:(

I am so sorry.:( Maybe it could be submitted by family in his honor.

Daisy and Delilah
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Living close to the space center and seeing where he works, I had an idea what it might be. I think we hear alot of space/rocket talk here in Florida.:)

That is so awesome. I know you are super proud of him. Congratulations!!!! :)

K9karen
08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
That's so cool and wonderful, Liz!

Barbara
08-10-2010, 02:45 AM
That's fantastic :)

phesina
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Congratulations to your son and also to you proud parents who did such a fine job raising him!

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Impressive stuff! I hope you are having a party to celebrate - complete with photos! You know how we PTers like photos. :)

Randi
08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Liz, you have every reason to be proud of your son. It's really impressive what he has done - although I don't understand much it either. Congratulations!! :)

Asiel
08-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Congratulations to your son and to the great job you did as parents while raising him. Bragging is certainly in order.

sirrahbed
08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
how cool is that?? :D

lizbud
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys for letting me brag a little. He really is a neat kid.
He always wanted to be a astronaut, but had problems having "swimmers
ear" so much as a kid. I'm really blessed that he can do what he loves doing.
(and get paid for it:) )

cassiesmom
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
May you brag a little? Uhmm, Lizbud, I think you should brag a Lot!
That is so cool! Congratulations to your son and to his proud mom! I have never known anyone before who has received a patent for an invention.

Catlady711
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I am so sorry.:( Maybe it could be submitted by family in his honor.

Aww thank you. He's been gone for about 8 years now so we just have the good memories of him now.

My mom and I were his closest family (both in distance and relationship) and he wouldn't tell us. No one in the family knows what it was and I cannot find any record of it in the patent database under his name, or city.