PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

NicoleLJ
08-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I just received and invite to a petition on facebook for the banning of flying puppies to homes. Because of the 7 puppies that died. So they want to ban all puppies from flying unless they are acompanied by a person. In this way they are hoping to stop puppy mills.

Here is what I wonder though. Yes it could affect the puppy mills but what about the respectable breeder? It is not always possible to fly with each puppy to its new home or even to have the people fly in to pick it up. This was the case with Sheena's litter. One pup (donated one that became a Service Dog) flew alone into the States. Another one was flown to BC. I had met the adopter a week earlier when he came for the meet and greet but could not make it for a second flight to get his pup. So he also flew unacompanied to his home.

To me this is another one of those situations where to punish the bad you are also affecting the good as well. But what are your thoughts?

Karen
08-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I would not want to ban all puppies from flying, that's just going too far. After all, a puppy mill could always hire someone to fly with multiple puppies, etc., they need to have better enforcement of the rules. It was too hot by their own rule to fly the dogs, but they did anyway ...

Catlady711
08-08-2010, 06:59 PM
It's very sad about those poor little puppies dying.:( Personally I'd never let one of my critters on a plane if they had to go in the cargo hold, but that's just my preference.

As for the Facebook pettition, just ignore it. It's not a real petition anyways so regardless of how many people sign, it won't accomplish anything.

how-make-petition-facebook (http://www.ehow.com/how_5104649_make-petition-facebook.html)

7 tests of a real petition (http://www.breakthechain.org/armchair.html#epet)

Cataholic
08-09-2010, 06:56 AM
I am in favor of near anything that diminishes the breeding of animals, that would possibly decrease the number of healthy animals that are killed each hour in the US, and take us away from the current mentality that pure bred is somehow better than a mixed breed.

moosmom
08-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Delta has a special aircraft that specifically transports animals. They do not go into the cargo department. They are in the airplane where everyone else is and they also have a person in charge of checking the animals during flight. It's called Delta Dash. Prices are reasonable too.