PDA

View Full Version : Boy orphaned by crash talks about parents

Catty1
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
There was a horrendous crash a few hours west of here on Sunday - it left this 11-year-old boy orphaned; his siblings and grandfather died also. He wanted to tell people about his parents.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100804/canada/canada_edmonton_ed_mahmood_crash

Wed Aug 4, 1:20 PM

EDMONTON (CBC) - Muhammad Aashar Mahmood, 11, lost his entire family in a car crash Sunday. Now he wants everyone to know that they were good people.

"My mom and dad were nice people and now that they have gone, I want everybody to know that such nice people have gone," he said on Tuesday.

http://d.yimg.com/ca.yimg.com/p/news/cbc/j/100804/ied-muhammad-aashar.jpg?x=220&y=269&sig=GFRNNMeMFChNGm122DPi1w--

His parents, Arshad and Shakila, his sisters, Dolly and Mahlaka, and his grandfather, Muhammed Shraif, all died when the Dodge Caravan they were in crossed the centre line of the Trans-Canada Highway near Golden, B.C., and collided head-on with a motorhome.

Muhammad Aashar was with family friends in a vehicle behind the van, after he switched spots with Syeda Alizay Asad, 14, who was the sixth victim of the crash.

His grandfather was paying his first visit to Canada from Pakistan, the family's home until they immigrated in 2006. Arshad Mahmood wanted to show his father more of the country, so the Mahmoods and another family were travelling to Abbotsford, B.C., on holiday.

Muhammad Aashar, who asked to speak to the CBC so he could honour his parents' memory, said he tries not to think about what happened.

"I just try to forget that they're not there. I pretend I'm having a sleepover, so I'm gonna see them again," he said. "That just keeps me up."

Athar Nadeem, an official at the Markaz Ul Islam mosque, which the Mahmoods attended, said six families have already offered to adopt the boy, and donations to a trust fund for him and to pay for funerals are already being made.

"This is our social, religious, humanitarian responsibility. We don't want him to go under any other shock," Nadeem said.

Muhammad Aashar's uncle, who will be coming to Canada from Pakistan, will help decide what his future will hold.

The boy said he's not sure where he'll end up.

"I'm very sad, but this family, I'm very thankful for them to put me up," he said about the family friends he's staying with. "For right now, it's just trying to be strong and live on."

Laura's Babies
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
That is so sad! Poor boy lost his whole family!! :eek: Makes you just want to go find him and hug the daylights out of him!

lvpets2002
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
:( This is a very sad story.. Bless his heart.. Now will he have to go into forster care??

That is so sad! Poor boy lost his whole family!! :eek: Makes you just want to go find him and hug the daylights out of him!

Catty1
08-06-2010, 05:59 PM
His uncle came over from Pakistan, and there are families in the community that will look after him. The poor lad doesn't need any more change...hopefully he can go back to his school in the fall where he has friends he knows.

phesina
08-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh, how sad. I heard about that crash on the news. What a sweet little boy. God bless him and all who love him, and may those who died in the crash rest in peace.

Daisy and Delilah
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
LES here. Poor little fella. I hope he gets a great permanent home and has a wonderful life. So sad.:(

*LabLoverKEB*
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Oh no.:( How sad for that little boy.... :( It amazes me how he seems to be so positive about the situation, what an awesome kid. I feel so bad for him. God bless this little boy. :love:

sana
08-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I live in Pakistan and so I will try looking in the newspaper to see if I can find any news about this little boy. This is so sad. hope he's doing alright now. May God bless you.