PDA

View Full Version : Need help to protect cat feet

emily_the_spoiled
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Okay I have a question for everyone ... Farley (my CH guy) has damaged the pads on both his front feet. They are (but not bleeding). I would like to protect them, so I tried putting baby socks on and that lasted all of less than 5 minutes.

I would really appreciate any suggestions...

lvpets2002
08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
:( Oh no poor wittle CH baby.. I would say go to the Vet Clinic for confirming advise.. Yes I can see it would be very hard to put socks & keep them there on any cat.. Now you might loose guage bandage, but then again your baby will pull that off too.. Best is to go to the Vets for advice.. Now they do make a spray called Invisable Bandage for cats that you can get at the pet stores.. You might want to try that on your baby's foot.. Good Luck & keep us posted..

catmandu
08-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Invisible bandage, I cant say that I have heard of that.
Actually being diabetic I get sores and wounds on my toes, maybe that would be good for me as the toes are so hard to bandage:cool:

Husky_mom
08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
really no advice for the kitty.. sorry.. the vet might be more of help.. but I wanted to input about the invisible bandage spray..

my parents have that.. for people though.. and they use it in their fingers when bowling... as sometimes the fingers get stuck and you get lil cuts.. Iīve used it before too and itīs great.. it really seals the skin.. not sure about diabetic wounds.. but you can ask if it would do to ;)

emily_the_spoiled
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I phoned the vet and all they said was that I had to bring him in. Right now it is not infected or bleeding, so it will just take some time to heal and I am not sure what they would be able to do for him.

BTW, Gary the invisible bandages aren't so good for diabetics with feet problems. Sorry, but talk with your pharmacist and they might be able to suggest something else

Laura's Babies
08-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Do you know how he damaged them and made sure it can't happen again! Goodness, Amy has a hard enough time walking and I would hate to see her paw pads get damaged.

emily_the_spoiled
08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
As far as I can figure out, we have been having really bad thunderstorms here the last few nights and one night he found himself shut in a room (he accidently shut the door when he bumped it). So he scratched at the door until he rubbed his pads raw.

Much as I would like to keep him next to me, you know CH guys, they have a mind of their own and will do exactly what they want when they want to :rolleyes:

moosmom
08-06-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm with lvpets2002. It's better to have a vet look at them just in case there's an infection. Because they use them to get around, they could very easily get infected.

Good luck.

Laura's Babies
08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Much as I would like to keep him next to me, you know CH guys, they have a mind of their own and will do exactly what they want when they want to

I sure do and that applys to all felines! I have to check the closet every time I go in there for anything and I have ended up shutting one or the other in there for a whole day. I also have to be very careful of the washing machine and dryer, Giz will not stay out of them if I leave them open!