PDA

View Full Version : catland has lost a kitty. Remembering Quincy.

catland
10-23-2002, 01:51 PM
I haven't been posting in a while. My husband and I went on vacation in early October, and when we returned we found out that our dear, sweet, mischevious, wonderful cat, Quincy had died. He was two years old.

I want to share his story with you, but right now, it's just too painful.

Hope to return soon.

Julie

Sam's My Baby
10-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this..:( I know how it feels. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Logan
10-23-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry about Quincy. Please know that you and your husband, and of course, Quincy, will be in our thoughts and prayers. Come talk about him with us when you are ready.

Logan

neko1
10-23-2002, 02:08 PM
oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about Quincy. We send our deepest condolences.

With much <3 from the gang

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Catland,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Quincy. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Come talk to us when you can.
Love from the Herd :(

Chinadoll
10-23-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

jenluckenbach
10-23-2002, 02:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and that we will be here when you are ready to talk about it.

Tina
10-23-2002, 05:07 PM
((hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss:( I know it is really hard on you:(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2002, 05:14 PM
I know how heart sick you are right now. We are here for you when you need us. Prayers are with you, your family, and dear Quincy.

Miss Meow
10-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about Quincy. Thank you for telling us. Please come back when you feel ready, in the meantime we will all be thinking of you.

Nicole

moosmom
10-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Julie,

I'm so sorry to hear about Quincy. We are here for you. Anytime. (((hugs)))

AmberLee
10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Oh, what dreadful news. {{{hugs}}} Let us know if we can be of help. I'm sure sweet Quincy is frolicking at the Rainbow Bridge now.

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about Quincy. :( Just try to remeber the good times that you had with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. {{{HUGS}}}

toughCookie
10-23-2002, 11:54 PM
oh, I am so sorry for your loss:( :(

eni
10-24-2002, 02:14 AM
I am so sad for your loss, I can imagine how you feel right now :(

10-24-2002, 02:21 AM
Oh Julie , how horrible ...! We experienced just the same thing with our RB-cat Sydney ... (read the story on my web-site!).
A sad thing like this ruins all the good thing you had on your holiday , isn't it ; besides it gives you a feeling of guilt ..

Take care Julie !! If I can give you a good advise : go to a shelter and adopt a new cat as soon as possible ! It won't replace your Quincy , but it surely helps to get over your big loss ... I did that , and Maya heped me a lot !!

jenluckenbach
10-24-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by lut
If I can give you a good advise : go to a shelter and adopt a new cat as soon as possible ! It won't replace your Quincy , but it surely helps to get over your big loss ... I did that , and Maya heped me a lot !!
I know there are a lot of people who would disagree, but I have found in the past that this is EXACTLY what I needed to do after a loss of a beloved kitty.

lynnestankard
10-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Oh Julie how very sad for both you and your husband. Poor Quincy he'll be so sadly missed. What an awful thing to come home to. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} across the miles for you both. Keep thinking that Quincy is happy at Rainbow Bridge and wondering why his Mum and Dad are so sad. Keep on going with all your beautiful memories of a much loved fur boy. xxxx

Lynne

Kirsten
10-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Oh Julie, how sad!!! :( And it must be horrible to return from vacations and learn about such a horrible thing! :(

Talk to us when you're ready, okay?

Kirsten

tuxluvr
10-25-2002, 06:29 AM
Angel's wings to heal your heart...so sorry to hear about Quincy. Take care--I know you have a lot of sympathetic and empathetic support here, so don't be a stranger too long.

eni
10-25-2002, 07:14 AM
Julie, I agree with Lut, I was feeling terrible when my first cat died in July. But now I feel better after taking another kitten, hope you too will recover soon .

kittymom
10-25-2002, 08:00 AM
Julie,

I am so sad to hear about your loss and our thoughts are with you.
I agree with everyone who said to visit a shelter and provide a home for someone who needs it. I found that to be the best medicine when I had to put my dog down last year...Dawn and Slushy helped me allot!
It is not intended to replace your Quincy , but it helps to get over your loss and provide love to someone who needs it...

jenluckenbach
10-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Catland, Where are you? We are begining to worry.

catland
10-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Thank-you everyone, for all of your condolences. I don't know yet if another kitty will be in my immediate future, but in the meantime, we're spoiling our other three kittys to help fill the hurt.

Your kindness has meant a lot to me.

Kirsten
10-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Hi Julie! Yes, of course you shouldn't get a new kitty before you're feeling ready for it, but from my own experiences I can only second what the others said. But after I have lost Katz, there was no cat left for me and life without a feline around was horrible, so it was a good decision for me to get Luna five weeks later.

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2002, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about poor Quincy! Everyone mourns in different ways, and it sounds like your other three kitties are helping you through this tough time. Take care and know that Quincy is romping at the RB. :(