PDA

View Full Version : Horses rescued in Indiana

cassiesmom
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I saw this on the news last night. They showed video of the horses being brought into the rescue barn. They are so thin, and one of them couldn't even bend his back legs properly to walk. I hope they will do better now. I like horses.

Neglected Horses Rescued in Indiana

CBS 2 is reporting that five badly neglected horses have been rescued by authorities in Lowell, Indiana. Investigators say that the difficult economy contributed to the neglect of the equines, but that their owners were capable of caring for them but didn't.

Lake County, IN Animal Control Director Matthew Lubarski told CBS 2 that the horses were given to the family they were rescued from by their original owner when he could no longer care for them. But when he became concerned about the quality of care they were receiving, he called the authorities. When neighbors called called Animal Control to report a dead horse that had been dragged into a nearby field, the authorities had enough to get a search warrant. Lake County Sheriff's Detective Michelle Weaver told CBS 2 that animal-cruelty-by-neglect charges are expected to be handed down today. Meanwhile, the horses, which were living next to a chicken coop littered with dead birds, are now staying with Krylesa Sadowski, a horse breeder, trainer and rescuer. She believes they can be rehabilitated.

MoonandBean
08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank God they were finally rescued.....

lvpets2002
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
:( How so Horrible.. It just make sick sick.. But am so glad they are in a good home/location now..

Thank God they were finally rescued.....