PDA

View Full Version : Things are looking up- new job as a groomer

Suki Wingy
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let everyone here know that I finally got a job, and a good one at that!

Last year I was a working student at a horse barn in Wisconsin and then I went home for a Doctor Who convention and the holidays, then I went to Wales for two months, then I came home and started looking for a job in the Chicago area but I couldn't find one anywhere because of the job market.

This summer I spent some time dog and cat sitting, then the people I worked for last summer showed some horses at the barn in IL I used to ride at so I rode back to Wisconsin with them, where I've been for three weeks helping out at horse camp and with lessons and shows.

I got lucky and one of the boarders let me know there was an opening in the grooming centre at one of the bigger chain pet stores. Even though I've never done any more grooming than my own dog, I groom horses and dog sit and they liked that combination. I will be starting as an assistant groomer so I'll only work with smooth coated dogs doing the basics like bathing, nail clipping, and ear cleaning. I'll keep working at the barn whenever they need me.

Laura's Babies
08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time.

phesina
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh, that sounds just great! Congratulations, and well done!

jennielynn1970
08-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Wow... lots of travel, that sounded like a good time!

Congrats on the new job, hope you have fun with it!

Suki Wingy
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks. :) And I found out today I was hired on full time at a call centre that I'll have to call back tomorrow and decline.