PDA

View Full Version : Help the animals in the gulf south!

ElectrickBubble
08-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Many families who are out of work as a result of the oil spill can no longer afford to keep their pets in their homes. They are being dropped off at shelters in numbers so great that they are quickly becoming overpopulated. This means a shorter adoption period and the more than likely possibility of euthanization! The Pet Education Project (PEP) is working to keep these pets with their families and out of shelters. They are collecting pet food and supplies to send to families in need and would appreciate any help they can get.

Please visit www.peteducationproject.org or call 318-278-7543 to learn how you can help and for a list of updated drop off sites.

Anyone reading this message who is in the Baton Rouge, LA area:
Laser Tag of Baton Rouge is surving as a drop off site and will give a free game away to anyone who donates pet food/supplies.

momcat
08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
My heart breaks for the people in the Gulf who have already lost so much because of the spill, the damage to our environment, and the danger to wildlife. But having to give up a beloved pet who is a member of the family is worst of all. I definitely will check out the website and be assured I'll do whatever I can.

For those who may not already know, Dawn dish soap is very effective in bathing and cleaning animals caught in oil spills plus Dawn donates $1 for every bottle sold to wildlife rescue.