PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody here ever rescued a greyhound?

stacwase
10-23-2002, 11:44 AM
Any greyhound information out there?

aly
10-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Staci (shais_mom) adopted a beautiful greyhound before so she probably has some info for you.

ownerof3dogs
10-23-2002, 07:22 PM
I have never adopted a greyhound but I have been around many of them at the Animal Hospital I work at.

We just had three in yesterday to be neutered. They were so beautiful. There was one silver one that had to be about 80lbs. He was pure muscles from racing. Just gorgous

We also have one named "Stevie" whos been at the Hosp. for over two weeks. I have just fallen in love wih him. I swear greyhounds are part angels. They have to be one of the sweetest breeds. If your thinking about adopting a greyhound I would say
Go for it! These dogs need someone to love them. That's all they want. And trust me they will thank you for rescuing them for the rest of there lives!

And they are not hyper...I've heard people call them "40 mph couch potatoes"

stacwase
10-23-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the information! I've been having SUCH a difficult time deciding what type of dog to get. I really wanted a German Shepherd, and I thought I had my husband talked into it but he's really not at all happy about the idea. Maybe it's for the best because I don't know for sure if I could handle a dominant dog.

So then I thought a big poodle would be nice - but I can't find one where I live.

Then today I was watching Animal Planet, and they had a show on about greyhounds. They really sound like they'd be nice to have, and there are lots of them available.