PDA

View Full Version : Lacey is gone

chocolatepuppy
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Lacey has left us for the Rainbow Bridge. She was PTS this afternoon.:( Her back legs just didn't have anything left in them. She was the first furkid I ever had to have PTS who wasn't 'sick'. As some of you may remember, she had surgeries on both of her back knees when she was 4 and 5. They held up a long time until recent years, continuing to get weaker.
I know in my heart she's at the Bridge with her best buddy Mandy. I can see them running and playing together. Lacey's legs are new again and Mandy no longer has a bad heart. This brings me peace.
The house won't be the same without her after 10 years of her ruling the roost. She kept all the 'young uns' in line. Have fun with Mandy at the Bridge Lacey. You and your beautiful brown eyes will be sadly missed. :(
:love:We all love you.:love: 7/20/00-7/30/10
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=2684
a younger Lacey
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=333
first picture
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=336
with her buddy Mandy
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=478

luvofallhorses
07-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I cannot even express in words how bad I feel for you, Annette. I know how much you loved her and you gave her a wonderful life. I remember this is how we 'met' through Buster and Lacey for Valentine's day on here in 2005. She has touched my heart and Buster's heart in a big way. We love you Lacey and we love you, too Annette. Buster says even though she may be gone she is his Valentine sweetheart forever. :love:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please know I am here for you for anything you need. She was a lovely girl and lucky to have you. My favorite picture of her is with Mandy. :) (((hugs)))

The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

Queen of Poop
07-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :love::(:love::(

Marigold2
07-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I am so sorry for your great loss. Lacey play hard beautiful girl.

RobiLee
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I am so very saddened to hear this news. My heart aches for you. I consider myself lucky that I actually got to meet Lacey in person. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending out lots of hugs.

Rest In Peace, Lacey.

Taz_Zoee
07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
I am typing through tears. I am shocked and so very sad. :( It always breaks my heart to hear another furkid has gone to the bridge. But you are right, she is now pain free and running around like the puppy she was when you brought her home.

RIP Lacey

Karen
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Sweet Lacey, dear old girl
With the tan spot eyebrows and airplane ears
Love shone from your eyes
And graced your family's lives
And dear girl, that love will live on
Forever in their hearts.

dukedogsmom
07-30-2010, 08:20 PM
How saddened I am to see this. I know this was so difficult to have to do. But you know I'm sure that Lacey knew how much you loved her. Such a beautiful girl. Much love sent your way :love:

Pinot's Mom
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm so very sorry you've lost such a loved and cherished member of your family. {{{hugs}}} Godspeed, Lacey, and Peace to your family.:love:

Daisy and Delilah
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I can't stop crying. I saw Lacey's name and I could hardly open it. I'm so sorry, Annette. I hope you can have comfort in knowing that Lacey is with Mandy now for sure. We will all picture them running and playing together and smiling on you.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} :( :( :(

Rest In Peace Beautiful Lacey :( You and sister run and play together :(

K9karen
07-30-2010, 10:59 PM
My heart skipped a beat when I saw your thread, Annette. OMG! I'm so sorry for your loss. Play hard at the Bridge, dearest Lacey.

Catty1
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I have seen Lacey's name a lot...and was sad to see it in the Memorial section.

Lacey lived long and happily with you, she had the best home and people who loved her and gave her every chance possible.:love::love:

Play happy with Mandy at the Bridge, dear Lacey.

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lacey's passing.:( She was such a beautiful dog. Now she's pain free and able to run and play again up at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Lacey.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Alysser
07-30-2010, 11:58 PM
My jaw dropped when I saw this post, I am had no idea her back legs were bad. This is so sad, because this is exactly what happened to Sassy. Her back legs couldn't hold her up anymore, and she was only 10 as well. I am so sorry about Lacey, may you're beautiful beautiful pup RIP and run free with Mandy forever at the rainbow bridge.

carole
07-31-2010, 04:31 AM
my heart goes out to you at this very sad time, Lacey was indeed a very beautiful dog,she reminds me of my friends dog Greta, i am thinking of you at this difficult time and hope you find some comfort here amongst your PT friends, who understand the pain you are feeling right now, may your heart heal in time. HUGS:love:

pomtzu
07-31-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm so sorry that you had to let Lacey go, but you did what was best for her. Once again she is able to run and play, and those legs are as good as new.

RIP in Lacey, and then play, play,play, and run like the wind! :love:

Louie and me
07-31-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart aches for you. Having just gone through the same thing myself I know what it means to see your beloved dog suffering yet still with the same spirit as always. Just know that you gave Lacey a wonderful life and when the time came, made the unselfish decision to let her rest in peace, free from pain.

Freedom
07-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh no! I had not realized she was getting even close to this state, so I was stunned to see this thread. I am so very sorry for your loss, Annette. She was a beautiful lady, and she brought so much love to you, I could tell from the photos and the way you wrote about her.

RUN, Lacey, now that you can do that again, pain free at the Bridge!

caseysmom
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
When I saw this on FB last night my heart sank, I am so sorry Annette.

She is in a better place and she is running free now.

lizbud
07-31-2010, 10:14 AM
I am so very sorry that Lacey is gone.:( I didn't realize her legs had
gotten so bad. She was a good girl, a beautiful girl, and she has surely
earned her rest.:( Play happily at the Bridge sweet Lacey.

Demi Is A Digimon
07-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Rest in peace Lacey, what a beautiful girl you are! You'll be missed but you and your family will be reunited soon, but whilst you wait for that day to come, run free and happily with your fur-sister Mandy at the Bridge:love::love:

Randi
07-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Lacy was such a beautiful girl and I know it was hard to say goodbye, but I think she appreciated that you didn't let her suffer. :) She has had a long and good life with you, so try to remember that.

She has surely found Mandy on the RB now and they are playing happily together. :love:

(((hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
07-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone. Now it's facing life without her. :( Of course I keep thinking she's still here. I got her ashes back this morning.

luvofallhorses
07-31-2010, 05:43 PM
(((hugs)))

AdoreMyDogs
07-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Sweet Lacey, dear old girl
With the tan spot eyebrows and airplane ears
Love shone from your eyes
And graced your family's lives
And dear girl, that love will live on
Forever in their hearts.

Oh Karen, you and Phred always make me cry with your words. This is so sweet and touching.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Lacey. She lived a good life and was so very loved. She was a lovely dog. It was a very generous of you to let her go, despite how bad it hurts. You are a good doggy parent, and Lacey was lucky to have you. She's in a good place now.

Seravieve
07-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Awww I'm so sorry to hear that Lacey has gone to the bridge!
Run free and play hard, Lacey!
You're in a better place now.

Lori Jordan
07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
I am deeply sorry for your loss,Lacey was a beautiful girl! It is so hard finding the right thing to say in times like this,Nothing makes it easier.We have memories,She is now out of pain and reunited with her Mandy.

Rest Well Sweet Girl!

Hugs to you!

cloverfdx
08-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Oh god Annette my heart sank when i saw this, what a huge shock. I am so sorry you had to let your precious girl go :(. Lacey has been one of my favourite PT dogs for years.

Sending lots of love, thoughts and gentle {{Hugs}} your family's way.

Rest easy gorgeous girl, have a blast hooning around with Mandy, free of pain :love:.

:(

Cinder & Smoke
08-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Now it's facing life without her. :(

Of course I keep thinking she's still here.
I got her ashes back this morning.

Lacey still IS with you - her Memories never left.
It gets easier as time marches on ... In time you'll enjoy being able
to "Tell Lacey Tails" without the tears falling and your voice breaking.

Practice telling some "Lacey Tails" to your friends ...
You'll find that you CAN tell 'em with dry eyes and a :) on your face.

Don't worry if a few tears slip out ... Friends always understand!
:love:

Go ahead - Tell us a few ... ;)

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Thank you all. Right now dealing with Layla being upset about Lacey being gone is the worst. Layla's upset at feeding time, she wouldn't eat until Lacey had food. She just keeps staring at me when I don't fill Laceys bowl, then walks over and checks her bowl. :( I have to fight back tears and keep telling her Lacey would want her to eat. Then she eats.
Ok Phred, a few 'tails' about Lacey? One of the funniest that comes to mind is the time I set my cordless phone (which was a good size bigger back when Lacey was a puppy) on the lawnchair. She ran all over the yard with it in her mouth! I was hoping it would ring while in her mouth.
As I was telling someone in a pm last night, Lacey was kind to every puppy I brought home. Mandy, Layla and Jake. Did I mention she was the smartest dog in her class at doggy school?;)

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2010, 07:18 AM
I've been trying to find a picture of Lacey with Sassy, who left us two months ago for the RB. Here it is...
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=2706
Lacey with her best buddy Mandy.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=2704
And if these two don't look like they're looking for trouble, the RB better watch out!:D
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=2705

luvofallhorses
08-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Those pictures are way too sweet, Annette. :love:

Zippy
08-01-2010, 09:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Lacey.(((HUGS)))
Rest in Peace Lacey:(

Randi
08-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Seeing that picture of Lacey and Mandy, I'm quite sure they have found each other and are having a grand time!

It's heartbreaking that Layla misses Lacey so. :(

(((hugs)))

Miss Z
08-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I saw this and my stomach dropped. :( I'm so, so very sorry for your loss of sweet Lacey. Those pictures of her with Mandy are adorable and I'm glad that you can remember them both fondly.

RIP Lacey. :love:

Whisk_Luva
08-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm so sorry about Lacey :( ((Hugs))

Have fun at the RB Lacey...

Cataholic
08-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I am sorry for your loss. To lose one is nearly impossible to deal with, but, two within months, nearly does you in. May the memories of both of them bring you comfort in time.

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
To lose one is nearly impossible to deal with, but, two within months, nearly does you in.

Yes, it is really doing me in.:( I knew this would be hard on Layla and it's heart wrenching.:( Jakey is such a happy go lucky boy he doesn't seem affected much by Lacey being gone. Thought I post a pic of L&L, they too, were buddies. This pic shows Lacey really did rule the roost!;)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=534

Thank you all so much for your kind words, it means the world to me.:love:

cassiesmom
08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Chocolate Puppy, I am so sorry to learn this news. ((HUGS))

CountryWolf07
08-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of Lacey. She was so loved by you. :love: I know she is happy again with Mandy! They are together again.

k9krazee
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry to see this :( Rest easy Pretty Lady, you will definitely be missed.

((((hugs)))

Husky_mom
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I´m so sorry for your loss...

even she wasn´t "sick" as you said.. you did what was best for her.. and I bet she thanks you for giving her her best years with you...

play hard Lacey!!

K9soul
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I am so very, very sorry Annette. My thoughts are with you.

ramanth
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

chocolatepuppy
08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks to each and everyone of you.:love: Your kind words have helped me through this difficult time. It's still a long road ahead. Missing her, still looking out for her, thinking she's here. Layla is doing better, will eat without worrying where Lacey is, but I know she wonders where she is. :(

wolf_Q
08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Lacey was a beautiful dog and very loved. Have fun running with Mandy again sweet Lacey, we'll miss you. {{hugs}}

*LabLoverKEB*
08-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lacey.:( She was a beautiful dog and will definitely be missed. (((HUGS))):love:

Bonny
08-09-2010, 03:51 PM
This so sad, I am so sorry for your loss both Sassy & Lacey in such a short time of each other. (((HUGS)))

Kfamr
08-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh Annette, I'm just now seeing this for the first time. You know my love for Lacey, she was a beautiful girl. Sending you a lot of hugs. Rest well Lacey and say Hi to Mandy for us. :love:

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Thank you all. It's just not the same here without her.:(

cloverfdx
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
{{Hugs}} For you Annette. I often think about Lacey, and always wanted to meet your beautiful girl & of course you.

elizabethann
08-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Very to sorry to hear about your loss. RIP Lacey.

CatsMeow
09-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Rest in peace, lovely girl. Go find Goldberg up there, He will show you around! Share his bones, and share his heart.

chocolatepuppy
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Ten years ago today Lacey, I picked you at the shelter. You were quite a handful as a puppy, but turned out to be a very good girl.
You are sadly missed.:(
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=2958

luvofallhorses
09-28-2010, 10:03 PM
You are very missed dear Lacey. :( ((hugs))

Ginger's Mom
10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh Annette, I am so sorry to see this. I haven't been here for a while, but I do occasionally pop in. I am sorry I didn't see this before. I hope it is never too late to give a heart-felt {{{Hug}}}. Lacey was a very special girl. Run with you sister, Lacey. x

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2010, 09:46 PM
:(

Tears at flowing for your loss ...
May her wonderful Memories remain with you for a Lifetime.

With :love: and {{{Hugs}}} from Phred

chocolatepuppy
12-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Merry Christmas Lacey! I can just see you running and playing with Mandy. You legs are healthy again!:) I knew your legs wouldn't let you stay with me as long as you could have. I never thought it would be this soon. Maybe one more year... but is wasn't to be.:( I never dreamed last Christmas would be your last.:( This Christmas will be bittersweet with two less furkids, you and Sassy. You are loved and missed Lacey, my brown eyed girl.:love:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=2663

lizbud
12-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Merry Christmas Lacey! I can just see you running and playing with Mandy. You legs are healthy again!:) I knew your legs wouldn't let you stay with me as long as you could have. I never thought it would be this soon. Maybe one more year... but is wasn't to be.:( I never dreamed last Christmas would be your last.:( This Christmas will be bittersweet with two less furkids, you and Sassy. You are loved and missed Lacey, my brown eyed girl.:love:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=2663

(((Hugs))) chocolatepuppy. Lacey looked like such a happy girl.:)

luvofallhorses
12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
(((Annette)))

Alysser
12-24-2010, 04:38 PM
(((HUGS))) Lacey will insure you have a Merry Christmas!

Louie and me
12-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Just when the loss seems to be getting easier, a holiday comes round and it all starts again doesn't it? Lacey and my Louie are spending their Christmas showing Phred round this year and I'm thankful for that. Remember all the good times.

chocolatepuppy
07-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Happy Birthday at the Rainbow Bridge Lacey!:) Today, you would have been 11. You were taken much too young.:(
I know there will be extra doggy treats for you and Mandy today. You are loved and missed. :love:

Soapets
07-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Happy Birthday at the Rainbow Bridge, Lacey! I know your "mommy" here misses you terribly! Enjoy those strong, healthy legs!

luvofallhorses
07-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Happy birthday, Lacey. :love: Buster misses you lots. :( Love you sweet girl.

pomtzu
07-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Happy Birthday, Lacey. One nice thing about having birthdays at Rainbow Bridge - you never get older! :love:

chocolatepuppy
07-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Happy Birthday at the Rainbow Bridge, Lacey! I know your "mommy" here misses you terribly! Enjoy those strong, healthy legs!
Thank you. I know Lacey can run and play now, without limits!:)

Happy birthday, Lacey. :love: Buster misses you lots. :( Love you sweet girl.
Thanks Krista. Lacey and Buster were the best sweethearts ever!:love:

Happy Birthday, Lacey. One nice thing about having birthdays at Rainbow Bridge - you never get older! :love:
Thanks Ellie. You're right, she's like a pup again at the RB, running and playing.:)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Happy (belated) Birthday, beautiful Lacey girl! You are very missed here on earth, but we know you are watching over your family who loves you so much.:love:

chocolatepuppy
07-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Happy Birthday Lacey!:love: I know you'll have a fun day at the RB, celebrating.
You're still loved and missed here on earth.:love:

pomtzu
07-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Happy Birthday Lacey!:love: I know you'll have a fun day at the RB, celebrating.
You're still loved and missed here on earth.:love:

Bittersweet memories, aren't they Annette? Lacey was so pretty. :love:

{{{Hugs}}}