PDA

View Full Version : Bummer....have a read of this.

wombat2u2004
07-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Subject: FW: FYI...The United States Fallen Heroes Foundation

Patriots/comrades Get this info out. This came down through my HQ

Syd Staton MOPH
RFS Region II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:18 PM
To: John P. Leonard
Subject: FYI...The United States Fallen Heroes Foundation

John,

I just wanted to let you know about something that I've been working on for a few months that is finally coming out. This group, The United States Fallen Hero Foundation, is a complete fraud. They've been using the families of our fallen brothers and sisters to raise money for a phony Memorial that was to be built in Texas. The PR firm they hired approached me to set up a meeting with me and Jan to get our advice on building a National Memorial, but things seemed fishy from the start. The PR firm later became suspicious of the founders activities and came back to me again for advice on how to proceed. We notified the Texas Attorney General and the FBI, but did not want to go public until we were sure. They have contacted thousands of families who have gotten very excited about this project and we didn't want to risk hurting them until we were positive this guy was a dirt bag. Well, the Attorney General's subpoena tipped of a Dallas TV reporter and he asked to have an exclusive. His story aired last night. I'm not sure if you guys want to do anything to actively warn people, but I just wanted to let you know about it. His website is still up and he's still raising money. He's claimed to have raised over $2 million.

Here is the Story. Just let me know if you want any more detail.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/investigates/Unanswered-questions-about-plans-for-military-memorial-99437514.html

I have also informed the leadership of American Legion, VFW, and IAVA.

All the best
Jason Cain
OIF/OEF Vet
VVMF Veterans Outreach Coordinator
TWTH Program Manager

Office (202) 393-0090
Cell (910) 584-4018

moosmom
07-30-2010, 07:14 AM
That is DISGUSTING!!!:mad: Using our fallen heroes to line their own pockets. I hope they wind up in jail for fraud.:mad::mad:

smokey the elder
07-30-2010, 07:46 AM
What a grade A, five star, platinum plated, galactic class DIRTBAG!!:mad:

Laura's Babies
07-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I have posted this on my facebook wall, helping to spread the word. We have a lot of service people in our family and retired ones, people who would be interested in this story.

pomtzu
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Just one more dirtbag scam artist, looking to make bucks from unsuspecting, hard working individuals. I say ship him off to Nigeria where he can be among his own kind! :mad:

Lady's Human
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Boys, we gonna have us a hangin.............

pomtzu
07-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Boys, we gonna have us a hangin.............

Tar & feather to start.....

Lots of retired career guys in my ex's family who would be interested in this too.

Bonny
07-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Another lousy scam. Walter (Evan) Coleman lives in a really big fancy house it looks like too. He is a real scum bucket. Thanks for posting this will let military friends know about it.

wombat2u2004
07-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Well....I hope they bring this guy to task. And make the pounishment severe enough to disuade anyone else thinking of doing that.

blue
07-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I think I have enough tar and feathers, who has the torches and pitchforks?

Bonny
07-31-2010, 10:30 PM
We have lots of pitch forks here on the farm & they have really sharp points on them.

wombat2u2004
07-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I've got a screwdriver........that can hurt him to. :p

Bonny
07-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Lets Go Get Um :mad:

wombat2u2004
07-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Lets Go Get Um :mad:

Can I wear my white dressing gown with pointy hat ????

blue
08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Only if you bring your towel.