PDA

View Full Version : Iams cat food recall

MEL
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
P&G Recalls Two Lots of Prescription Renal Diet Cat Food
The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) (NYSE: PG), is voluntarily recalling two specific lots of its prescription renal dry cat food as a precautionary measure, as it has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/pg-recalls-two-lots-of-prescription-renal-diet-cat-food.html

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
Truth about Pet Food
Petsumer Report
www.TruthaboutPetFood.com
What's in Your Pet's Food?
Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the 'rest of the story' on over 1800 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. For each review you'll discover if ingredients are U.S. only or imported, human quality meat or pet grade meat, shelf life, red flag or risk ingredients, and recall history. New reviews added monthly. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. www.PetsumerReport.com

PPC, Inc., 1208 Georgetown Drive, Safety Harbor, Florida 34695, United States

I just talked to my mother who alerted me that IAMS renal diet cat food is tainted with salmonella according to the Times-Picayune newspaper. Some of the numbers on the bags include:

01384174B90

01384174H20

Check to see if any of you guys have this food on hand and either try to return it to the store where you bought it or throw it away. We certainly don't need any more animal deaths or vet bills!

catmandu
07-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I was shocked the last time I was in PetsMart and there was no Canned Cat Food , just a note:eek:
Is noone watching after the food that we feed Our Beloved Fur Companions anymore?????:(:(:(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1330.jpg

lvpets2002
07-29-2010, 04:15 PM
:) Well I feed IAMS kitten to the youngens.. I hope that is still ok.. The new kitties love it.. **Gosh everytime I hear the word ReCall I am like Open Ears & now what**..