PDA

View Full Version : Caribou in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska

kuhio98
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I know the media would like you to believe that Prudhoe Bay has permanently damaged the environment and wildlife...

Here are some photos taken 2 days ago out the office window (that's why some of them are fuzzy).

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Alaskana/Prudhoe/

As you can see, the caribou herds have been quite impacted :rolleyes: and are absolutely terrified of the pipelines. ;)

We do our best to have no interaction with the wildlife, but what are you to do when a baby bou is fascinated by your truck? :D Nothing to do but sit back and enjoy the view and take some photos.

pomtzu
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah - I can see that they are all getting ready to stampede in terror! :rolleyes:;)

Great pics. Thanks for showing us a side which we probably would never see, since it's not sensational enough for the media! :eek:

lvpets2002
07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
:) I so aggree.. They are so adorable..

Oh yeah - I can see that they are all getting ready to stampede in terror! :rolleyes:;)

Great pics. Thanks for showing us a side which we probably would never see, since it's not sensational enough for the media! :eek:

kuhio98
07-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes, it's shocking how awful a place looks after 30 YEARS of producing oil.

The media would have you believe that wildlife has to swim through lakes of oil searching in vain for food.

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Awesome pictures. I love the little babies. They're beautiful.

Thanks Lisa. I love going to Alaska. This is something I will never get to see in my lifetime.

Marigold2
07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Ah they are so precious.

RICHARD
07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
I only see deer!;)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/c-7-pics.htm

Bonny
07-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Going on 11 years now we were in Valdez, Alaska. We took the pipeline tour. On the tour we were told that the Caribou didn't mind the hum of the pipeline that they would stand by it because the hum kept the bugs off of them during the summer season. A person doesn't know what to believe anymore unless you are standing right there on the spot watching.:(

blue
07-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I believe the bou also like the warmth of the pipeline during the winter.