PDA

View Full Version : Trapped 2 Kittens over the past Weekend

Anikaca77
07-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Some of you may recall a thread I recently posted about trying to catch a mom cat and 2 kittens at my sister's place.

I drove up to my sister's place on Friday night after work and we set up 2 traps around 8:45 p.m.

We caught the one tiger female around 10 p.m. or so. We were up every hour almost checking the 2 traps. I was very tired to say the least but it's what had to be done. Everytime we went out there though we would spot the white kitten which is the on my sister called me about Thursday morning that had blood all over it's face.

My sister and I really wanted to get this kitten so we could get it the medical attention it needed.

So at ~4 a.m. I put some cat can food in it, my sister suggested that and thankgoodness we did. When we out at 5 a.m. the little white one was in the trap!

We got her into my sister’s bathroom so I could see what was wrong with her. I got her out and she was pretty calm. We saw that the only wound that she had was on her eye but it was very swollen and there was a puncture wound above her eye.

My sister has 1 vet but they are not open on Saturdays so we had to take her to the emergency vet.

We got there around 6:15 a.m. Oh and yes she's a girl. My sister named her Sasha.

They said that she has an eye infection, skinny for her age; she was estimated to be around 7-8 weeks even though she is underweight. The vet flushed her eye out and by the end of Saturday her swelling went down and the redness had decreased.

Sasha was given an antibotic shot, oh and she tested negative for FIV/FELV :).

We were given oral antibotics and eye drops for her. The vet recommended that we follow up with a regular vet in 2-3 days. My sister made an appt. for Sasha today at 10:45 a.m.

Sasha is the sweetest kitten ever. She just wants to cuddle all the time and purrs like crazy. It was hard leaving her on Sunday but I know I'll get to see her again. My sister is most likely going to keep her and I hope she does. She's just so sweet. Plus it will give her cat who is about 2 years old now I think someone to play with. She has 2 - 10 years and they really don't want to play with the 2 year old.

The mom cat was caught but due to some circumstances we had to let her go. I felt terrible about this and still do but it was what was right for everyone at that moment.

I have the tiger kitten, I haven't thought of a name just yet, maybe Annabel but I'm not sure yet. She is currently staying at my parents place until I get her FIV/FELV combo tested on Monday, July 26th.

She is not like Sasha, she's very scared and would fly up my sister's curtains and such. I was able to pick her up yesterday and she didn't hiss or growl so that was a good first step. She is eating very well and drinking. She isn't as skinny as Sasha so that's good. She is very beautiful and she is going to be up for adoption so if anyone here would like to adopt her please contact me.

She just needs some love and care.

I'll take a picture of her soon. The picture I have attached is of Sasha at the vets office on Saturday.

Melissa

Laura's Babies
07-27-2010, 08:38 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!! LOOK how pretty she IS!! That eye looks nasty but it should heal right on up and then what a absolute beauty she will BE! I can't wait to see her in a month or so and hear stories about her progress..

It is so great that there are people like you that will go as far as you have to help these babies! Gosh, they are ALL so deserving of loveing and good homes and it is heart breaking that they all don't. GREAT JOB!!

moosmom
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Melissa,

GREAT JOB!!!!!

Give yourself a pat on the back, girl!!

catmandu
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh No!:love::love:
That poor Little Orangette:love::love:
But now she's in a place where she will be safe and will get the medical help , love and TLC she needs.
:love::love:
God Bless You for helping and caring.:love::love::love::love:

Catty1
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
OH MY! Sasha IS pretty, but that poor eye must have hurt her!

I am glad it is better and well on its way to healing.

Don't your parents want a wee tiger girl? ;) Or maybe they know someone who would.

Congratulations! I hope you all have better luck with the mom cat if you try to trap her again.:)

lvpets2002
07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
:love: Woo Hoo Michelle that is Great News that you finally got these two wittle ones.. Sasha is a Cutie Pie && Yes that eye will heal right up.. Many Congrats on your Devoted Hard Work && It Sure Did Pay Off.. Huggss & Thank You

Anikaca77
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I might of found someone to take the little tigger kitten. My parents would but they have 3 dogs and 1 cat and my mom has really bad physical problems (she needs to have her knee replaced, just had her 5th rotator cuff surgery) and she can't take care of another one but I'm hoping that this one place will work out.

Melissa

GILL
07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
ya!!!!!

phesina
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
What a beautiful little girl Sasha is, even with her case of Red Eye...

And Annabel will come around with time and loving care.

WONDERFUL WORK, Melissa and your sister and your parents. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts :love::love::love::love::love::love:.

Love from Pat and cats

Anikaca77
07-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Here are some pictures of Annabel...or what I'm calling her for right now.

lvpets2002
07-28-2010, 09:28 AM
:love: Awee Annabel is a Cutie Pie.. She should get adopted real fast..

Anikaca77
08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Little Annabel is going to the vets tonight and hopefully she will test negative for FIV/FELV.

Everyone else that we have trapped from my sister's place has been negative so I'm hoping this is the case.

She is super sweet. She is now allowing me to hold her and she purrs like crazy. She is such a happy kitten now. It's amazing at how little time it takes for them to come around, last Sunday she was bouncing off the walls at my sister's place and now she is just a playful kitten that loves to be petted and held.

She is just too cute.

I've attached some photos of her, they were taken with my cell phone so the quality isn't great but it will do :)

I've also attached some pictures of Sasha, this is the girl kitten that is at my sister's place, she goes to the vets tomorrow for a recheck on her eye.

Melissa

Randi
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
You're a hero!! How cute they both are! Poor Sasha's eye looks horrible in the first picture, that must have hurt. :( If that's her in your last post, her eye looks so much better. :) Great that they are already sociable and that Sasha has a home now. Hope Annabelle will find one, too. If she doesn't, I bet you will keep her. :D

Kisses to them both. :love: :love:

Anikaca77
08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
You're a hero!! How cute they both are! Poor Sasha's eye looks horrible in the first picture, that must have hurt. :( If that's her in your last post, her eye looks so much better. :) Great that they are already sociable and that Sasha has a home now. Hope Annabelle will find one, too. If she doesn't, I bet you will keep her. :D

Kisses to them both. :love: :love:

Thanks! Yeah I already have Hercules and toys everywhere in the house...I try picking them up only to have to do it again in a few hours if that. Annabel is such a sweetie and my sister said Sasha is as well. I'm hoping she will bring her up when she comes up this weekend, if not I'll have to go back there and see her. These 2 kittens were playmates outside and loved eachother so it would be nice to adopt her in but it all depends on how things work out.

:)

Anikaca77
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Well Annabel tested negative!! :)
:D

She did have a tapeworm coming out her bum at vets YUCK..so she was treated for worms.

Didn't see any fleas on her, the vet estimated her to be about 3 months old. I couldn't believe it, I guess I'm just not used to guessing kittens' ages.

My sister took Sasha to the vets last night and the vet said that her eye is looking better but she is developing some scar tissue so we need to be aware that her eye maybe not heal properly. They said she maybe a constant blinker in that eye but time will tell.

I'll have to post some more pictures of Annabel who might be renamed to Bebe but we'll see.

Melissa