PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

Catlady711
07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I cannot believe the lengths some people won't go to avoid dealing with a vet!

I had heard a radio announcement advertising a site called JustAnswer and out of curiousity I Googled it. The first hits I got were on how the site was a scam.

First off, the ad I heard never said anything about a fee so I knew this didn't bode well.

It was when I got to this 'complaint' about the site that I had to just shake my head....

“I needed some advice on a wound my cat received by a raccoon. I needed the information immediately and this seemed like a good option. I asked the question and was asked how much I would pay- I chose 13.00. It directed me immediately to paypal where I paid the amt. in full using my bank acct. Received the receipt and waited. About an hour later I got an email that I had a response. I went to retrieve and it asked me to pay… I contacted customer service and they said I had not paid. Checked paypal and it was received by them- also deducted from my bank acct. I sent them the receipt and went back and forth with about 20 emails. Got no where but the run around. I asked for a phone number – I called, no one answers… so left a message. 2 days later and have gotten nowhere. I am really ticked off- not even just the money- but the principal and the time I have taken on this! Ridiculous… DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY- YOU WILL BE SORRY!”http://computersavvy.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/scam-watch-justanswer-com-is-it-a-scam-or-is-it-just-a-really-bad-investment/

Is it just me or does that person deserve to be ripped off for being willing to pay $13 to some scam site when she could have called a real live vet for free???? I only hope the cat turned out to be ok after all that.

Comments/thoughts?

Husky_mom
07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
they got what they paid for..

I understand that in some cases you just want sort of an opinion not a diagnosis.. and sometimes you don´t want to hand out several $$ just to get told.. just give fluids and rest.. or just keep clean.. or whatever..

but some people go to the extremes.. like this case you mentioned.. a call would´ve been better IMO..

pomtzu
07-22-2010, 04:09 PM
First of all - cats and raccoons together spell trouble. This person definitely should have called a vet and not a scam website. Should have gotten a big clue as to what it was when asked how much she/he was willing to pay. BIG DUH!!!

Sure hope this person was smart (??) enough to make a vet call, and still isn't waiting for an answer 2 days later...........:rolleyes:;)

lvpets2002
07-22-2010, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes: Its like DUU you fool.. I am sitting here just a shaking my head..

pomtzu = I so aggree with you && yes I sure hope they took this baby to the Vets..
First of all - cats and raccoons together spell trouble. This person definitely should have called a vet and not a scam website. Should have gotten a big clue as to what it was when asked how much she/he was willing to pay. BIG DUH!!!

Sure hope this person was smart (??) enough to make a vet call, and still isn't waiting for an answer 2 days later...........:rolleyes:;)

Taz_Zoee
07-22-2010, 05:09 PM
So while this person was waiting for an answer the poor cat was in pain??? Goodness!! I just don't understand how some people think sometimes. Well, most of them don't apparently. :rolleyes:

Marigold2
07-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Maybe some people are house bound and cannot get to a vet so they are hoping that some treatment or advice can work that can be done from home.

DriftyAlison0
07-22-2010, 08:53 PM
They could of still called the vet. Also how about friends? family? neighbors? they could of taken the cat to the vets if the person wasn't able to.

Catherinedana
07-23-2010, 06:58 AM
so her whole deal became how she got ripped off by this site and the REAL issue about her cat being bitten (or whatever) by the raccoon was totally lost in it. So since she was a cheapskate and avoided her responsibility to her pet, has her cat now gotten an infection from that wound that will either cost $100s (or thousands!) to cure or worse yet, her cats life? Stupid stupid stupid.