PDA

View Full Version : Mission of Mercy for Haiti

moosmom
07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm on a mission of mercy for my dear friend Father Rick Frechette of Port Au Prince, Haiti.

He is in desperate need of body bags. I know it sounds a little grim, but it's the God's honest truth.

This man performs MANY religious ceremonies on the deceased Haitian people, ALOT of them children, on a daily basis. I have been on the phone for 3 hours calling local CT funeral homes to see if they're willing to donate bags.

What I'm asking from all PTers is, if they know of anyone in the funeral business in their area, if they could ask for them to donate ANY size body bags to Rick's effort. If you do, please have them send them to:

Rick Frechette
8360 N.W. 68th Street
Miami, FL 33166

I assure you any and all body bags donated will get to Rick through this address, as it's a warehouse.

I thank you all for any help you can give this wonderful, unselfish man.

:love::love: and Hugs

Donna and fur kids

Marigold2
07-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh my what a sad request but so needed and so important. Can they be made by others or are they specially regulated by laws?

Karen
07-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Would hospitals or police departments maybe also be good to contact?

moosmom
07-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Marigold2,

No they can't be handmade as the bags need to be able to withhold body fluids, etc. They're made out of a certain rubber/plastic with a zipper. When I worked at Michigan Memorial Funeral Home, I contacted their distributor to get Rick some bags. They sent quite a few, knowing how much they were needed.

I was able to get 6 dozen that are being sent to the warehouse.

Karen,

I'm not sure. I think they need them as much as Rick does and get them from the same sources.