PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a MANS cat!

Laura's Babies
07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
I got to meet this hudge size boy last night when Mike & I went to trap strays at this persons house. We went to trap 5 for s/n and 5 were s/n today. All but one were polydactal.. It was Mom Cat, Dad Cat and 3 of their babies that are about 6 months old now. (the dad is the only one not polydactal). This lady has 10 inside cats of her own and this is the biggest of them at 27 pounds. He is a long and tall boy so he does not look obese at all and he is just the sweetest LUV BUG you ever met! All but one or 2 of them are very people friendly so we had one or another in our lap the whole time we were there. I kept telling this one he was a REAL Man's Cat with his bigness!

He let me brush him and he would arch his back into the brush with every stroke of the brush, making happy feet the whole time! It was just so cute how much he loved being brushed!! Mike even brushed him some and when Mike stopped, this big boy looked at him and verbally objected to to Mike, not to stop..

Mike wanted his picture with this cat so here it is....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0745.jpg

lvpets2002
07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
:love:Awee how so Handsome these two are.. Yes the baby is a man's cat for sure.. Now I am not understanding of are you keeping this cat??

cassiesmom
07-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh my goodness, he is so precious! What a hunky handsome orange kitty! I just want to hug and squish him.

What will happen to the other kitties now?

moosmom
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
What a handsome orange boy he is. A real feline stud muffin. Well, not anymore anyways.:p

Randi
07-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Aww, what a handsome lovebug he is. I'm sure you enjoyed every minute! :D From where I sit, he doesn't look much bigger than Fister, but he must be... with his 27 pounds.

God job you're doing, getting all these kitties s/n. :)

Laura's Babies
07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Awee how so Handsome these two are.. Yes the baby is a man's cat for sure.. Now I am not understanding of are you keeping this cat??

lvpets2002- This is that ladys cat, we just went inside to meet her 10 inside babies... How could I say NO to being invited in to meet 10 fur babies, being the cat lover I am! Hers are already s/n..

The ones we s/n were strays outside.

What will happen to the other kitties now?

cassiesmom- someone at the vets office that helps do s/n knows someone who will take most of them for barn cats and could possiably place the others.. With BIG paws like they have, the would have to be excellent mousers!!

I am telling you, you just don't realize how big this boy is until you actually pick him up! The lady is only 5 ft. tall and weighs only around 130 pounds and she has a bad back so she can't even pick him up anymore.... and he is such a sweetheart!!!

Freedom
07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Big talkative orangie, he he. Hi fella!

Taz_Zoee
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
He is so handsome, and so is the cat! :p hee hee

We have a cat at ARF right now that weighed close to 40 lbs when he came to the facility. With the love and care of a foster he is now down to 35 lbs. He is the cutest darn tuxie kitty ever! I would take him in a hearbeat if I could. My dogs would give him the exercise he needs. :) I just know there is someone out there that will be the perfect home for Pierre.

catmandu
07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
:love::love::love:
Wow what a Huge Owesome Orange MagnfiCat!!!
;);)
Michael and Miquelito and Our Orange Porch Angels are so impressed!!
:D:D
He is Super Orange Cat!!!
:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2010, 12:55 AM
What a handsome orangie.:) He sure doesn't look that large to me but I'm used to big cats.:)

Sonia59
07-22-2010, 05:24 AM
What a handsome boy:D He doesn't look that large to me either, but like krazyaboutkatz I am used to big ones ;)

I dream mine would love to be brushed this way :rolleyes:

Medusa
07-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Aaaaw, what is it about orangies that make us fall in love w/them? :love:

GILL
07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
He's a cuties, but looks smaller tham our Mits (18lb) and Peak (15 lb). One of our fosters is a just under 40 lb tuxie, Timmy. He's not fat just a big boy.

Kittyfoot
07-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey folks, I'm Wayne Pond, the "co-parent" of the big boy here.... the cat I mean.;) Wife Barbara will be along directly as LaKitten.

Our boy's name is Joseph Walker Pond. He showed up here one day not long after Hurricane Katrina. Skinny as a rail but with a big fat tail. Once we got him inside we discovered that all 4 of his feet were coated with asphalt and he could hardly hobble around. As you can see he's well recovered but the tar did cause some damage to his pads and he's not quite graceful. He's our big loveable Klutz.

But right here I want to thank both Laura and Michael. We were in a real bind with our "outside kits". We live in a trailer park and our landlady was threatening eviction if we didn't "dispose" of them. The local "shelter' told us they would immediately kill them as "unadoptable". We were at the point of taking them to an uninhabited area and releasing them to save their lives.

Laura and Michael are the reason these kits are safe and sound today and I once again say Thank You, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

phesina
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
What a beautiful cat Joseph Walker Pond is!

And may I join you in saying "Thank you" to Laura and Michael.. God bless them, and God bless you and and your family and Joseph Walker, too.

Laura's Babies
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
HAY Kittyfoot! Welcome aboard this wonderful place! Hay, Got a email from Blaine and this is what she said about the ones trapped at your house that night..

All the cats have left my house. I took the momma and daddy to Azalea Lakes and a worker there is going to put them at her barn. I took the 3 litter mates to a lady's house on River Road who takes ferals when we have no where else for them. She loves each one, and counts heads everyday. Food and water is always available, and there are lots of hidey holes for them around as well as under her house. I would have taken them all there except arrangements had already been made for the 2 adults elsewhere. What a week!

I sent her a email back and told her you had found that baby but were going to keep it.

Here are the other 2 I took of your other baby..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0747.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0746.jpg

WELCOME TO PET TALK!! (hurry up and get the Mrs signed up)

katladyd
07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
God Bless all of you!

LaKitten
07-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I am sorry to say this will be a short post for now... Will try to post here tomorrow. My name is Barbara Pond and Wayne (Kittyfoot) is my wonderful husband.

I just want to say thank you all for such wonderful praises about Joseph and Cameo. I will try to post some photo's of our other kitties photo in the proper place on this board tomorrow if possible. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Things are still a bit hectic here and I am rather brain dead right now! :rolleyes:

See you all online tomorrow!!!!

Barb

Kittyfoot
07-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Ok unexpected happenings. I had checked Missie and was pretty sure she was still "with kitten". Today I found out I was wrong. Under the trailer and up inside the insulation I followed the cries to one small scared kitten. Now I know why Missie was moaning in the cat trap. I think it's a female.

The little one is now inside. We rounded up the proper food for her and fed her. Right now she's in our bedroom esconced in a big cat carrier so she can gradually get used to her new surroundings. The other cats walk by for a sniff but our big black and white guy T-boy has appointed himself her protector. When she wakes up and mews he rushes over, gently touches noses with her and lays down in front of the carrier until she settles. Oddly enough he's best buds with little Cameo, our addition from 2 weeks ago.

Our Little grey baby has a name.... Laura.:)

Karen
07-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Awww, welcome little one! And welcome to your human mom, too!

GILL
07-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Thank you so much for taking care of these babies. Why is it that the big guys also protech the little ones or the ones that have problems. Same thing happens in our house.

Laura's Babies
07-23-2010, 08:21 AM
HI BARBRA! I am so glad the two of you signed up here! As I told you, YOU will fit in here so gooood! :) There are so many more here with multiple fur kids and love them just as much as you love your fur family so you will love it here..

So T-Boy is the little ones protector already? That is so sweet! Can't wait for you to post pictures of them and introduce them all to everyone. You have such a wonderful bunch, and now this new baby!! Get pictures of Little Laura too! I sent Mike and Blaine a email and told them about the kitten Wayne found.

Hay, you need to post that picture that you have on your web sight that Wayne drew of that cat or post a link back to your web sight. (Show off his talent!)

cassiesmom
07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
aww, T-boy! How sweet of you to be a protective big brother to your younger kitten siblings!!

Is Missie safe?

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
After Laura and Mike helped us rescue these cats I only posted ONE time but said I would be back. Well my health took a turn for the worst so I never got around to coming back until recently! And lately I have been thinking that maybe I had been here before... humm

Anyhow I searched under the other name that I have used in the past. LaKitten. And there it was.

:confused:... talk about getting senile! Anyhow LaKitten and BarbPond are the same person... ME :D

In this earlier post it talks about the kitten that Wayne (aka kittyfoot) found under the trailer after the rescue. Well that kitten turned out to be a male so we could not call him Laura. So we named him Michael after "Mike" who helped Laura and us with the feral cats. I raised him with a bottle and it was quite a chore seeing as how I was so sick at the time. He is now about 7 months old and he is "mama's baby".

Thanks to all that posted on here that I never got around to answering!!! I am back for good now the Lord willing!

Here is a picture of Michael and Cameo that Laura took for me. Btw... Cameo is our "poofed" kitty!

http://www.eatel.net/~meme/Mikie-Cammy.jpg

Laura's Babies
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
There's that boy!! He is so cute!! LIL Mike behaving himself??

You need to start your own thread and introduce each one and tell a little about each one..

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
You need to start your own thread and introduce each one and tell a little about each one..

Ok but I have all that on our "Our Cats" website. Think I should do the same on posts here.

LOL... I cant believe that I had already registered and forgot about it. Oh well.

momcat
02-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi there Mike!!! Great to see you again and I hope all is well with you.

This is such a wonderful and positive thread with several happy endings! A few kitties got a second chance for a good life, we met an adorable orangie and tuxie, plus we can welcome two new PTers to our family.

Laura and Mike, thank you so much for helping these kitties. Groucho is sending both of you lots of purrs and headbumpies to thank you for helping his fellow kitties in need.

Barbara and Wayne, welcome! You're going to love it here and I'm looking forward to getting to know both of you.

cassiesmom
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow, he looks like my fur-nephew Milo! I :love: orangies!

katladyd
02-07-2011, 12:19 PM
As the lucky mom of an orangey, I would agree that orangies are awesome!

BarbPond
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
momcat...
Barbara and Wayne, welcome! You're going to love it here and I'm looking forward to getting to know both of you.
momcat... Mike (Laura's friend) has moved to Texas for a better job. I went and told him goodbye and thanked him again the day he left. Don't know what we would have done without their help! And thanks for the warm welcome. Wayne is "on the road again" but will be back sometime Wednesday. :)

cassiesmom... Well you "nephew" must be a very handsome guy also! :)

kateladyd... We have 6 orangies! Sometimes I get their names mixed up! :D

BTW... If you ever see "kittyfoot" online but not posting then it is usually me instead. I pop over to his computer to view photos and videos as this old one of mine wont load them right. I am too lazy to log him out and me in. Besides I hate his stupid keyboard!!! :mad:

BarbPond
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok, I decided to post another photo of Joseph (aka man size cat) that shows how big he is. Check out the size of the paws! He is just a big, solid boy!

http://www.eatel.net/~meme/Joseph-02.jpg

Laura's Babies
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
OH! That a nice picture od him looking so sweet and comfy!! He is so much bigger that his pictures show him.. and he is such a sweetie!

BarbPond
02-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks Laura!
In case you can't tell he is on top of the frig/freezer. Almost takes up the whole top. But in this photo he is sleeping at an angle.