PDA

View Full Version : Do Cats Have Eyelashes???

moosmom
10-22-2002, 10:19 PM
You can tell I don't have much of a social life :p . Has anyone ever noticed whether their cats have eyelashes or not??? I swear mine do.:confused: :confused:

Miss Meow
10-22-2002, 11:16 PM
I can't wait to have a look now, but both are having their afternoon nap. The cat gods would strike me with fury if I woke them from that ...

From memory I think they have thick hair across the top of the eyelids that helps protect the eye.

Uniqueviking
10-22-2002, 11:34 PM
My 3 furbabies do too :)

Barbara
10-23-2002, 03:22 AM
Of course they have. Tigris (with very whiskers) has lashes like a model (a cat model of course;) )

kohala
10-23-2002, 03:33 AM
I had to go disturb Herself to double check, but there they are!! Actually, it does look more like a line of fur or very short whiskers, brushed elegantly to the side. Barbara, I agree, but let's face it, who do human models emulate when they want sexy eyes! Cats, of course!!! ;)

P.S I remember noticing eyelashes on various cats that have honored me with their presence over the years, though, so I would say they definitely are eyelashes. And the fur-or-whisker appearance of Grasshopper's eyelashes might be because she is getting old (16 years.) Like humans, they may lose some of the sweeping beauty of their lashes as they age, too. :(

Edwina's Secretary
10-23-2002, 12:06 PM
I zoomed in as far as I could figure out how to do....so here's a close up of Edwina's eylashes.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pea6b04f98603bee136ed8963b1b4bcb3/fd21ccc6.jpg

NoahsMommy
10-23-2002, 12:19 PM
VERY pretty Edwina!! Love those lashes!! :)

Yep, our furries have eyelashes...especially Noah!

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 12:26 PM
Yet again- one more compelling reason to work from home!

I have to wait another 6 hours to report the status on my cat's lashes.....boo hoo hoo :(

kohala
10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I zoomed in as far as I could figure out how to do....so here's a close up of Edwina's eylashes.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pea6b04f98603bee136ed8963b1b4bcb3/fd21ccc6.jpg

Great Pic of Edwina!! OK, looking at that view of beautiful feline lashes, I have to say Grasshopper has definitely got 'em! She's sitting here next to me, and when I lifted her chin towards the window, she slowly blinked as if to show them off!

That isn't just a pic of Edwina, it's a portrait!! Nice work!!;)

Kirsten
10-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Ahhh, sweet Edwina! :) And she definitely has eye lashes! :) Noticed it before in both Luna and Katz!

Kirsten

All Creatures Great And Small
10-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Wow! Beautiful picture of Edwina! My kitty has some eyelashes, but not as pretty as hers (and he says good thing, too, since I'm a BOY kitty and I don't want to be "pretty"! I'm a rough, tough, fightin' MAN kitty!). Hmmm..... then I better not tell him he's got permanent eyeliner tatooed on him - he's more of a Boy George kitty.....:p :D :p :D

jenluckenbach
10-23-2002, 03:06 PM
My Lucas has the eyelashes of a super model. My camera would never pick them up though, you'd only see the long eyebrow whiskers, the lashes are much smaller.. But you can definitely tell they are not just fur.

kohala
10-24-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
I'm a BOY kitty and I don't want to be "pretty"! I'm a rough, tough, fightin' MAN kitty!). Hmmm..... then I better not tell him he's got permanent eyeliner tatooed on him - he's more of a Boy George kitty.....:p :D :p :D

LOL
Face it, the male of the species always seems to get the great hair and eyelashes!!

Macho, Macho Cat,
I wanna find
A Macho Cat !!
(with apologies to the Village People!)

tuxluvr
10-24-2002, 07:00 AM

I particularly like the "side" lashes on Edwina's cheek....I call them "curb feelers" like the ones on the backs of their legs

tuxluvr
10-24-2002, 07:04 AM
Ritz has "lash" whiskers, but they are black.....except this one wild hair......

tuxluvr
10-24-2002, 07:09 AM
You can also see it in the avatar picture...here's a larger version of the "yawn"...and the errant white eyelash....in fact, on closer inspection, I've always wondered why Ritzy's whiskers were not as "bushy" as some...but I realize now that even her face whiskers are half black ones and half white ones - the black ones kind of "fade" into the background of black fur.

-Panther-
10-24-2002, 10:05 AM
My little one, Nougat, has long black eyelashes, looks beautiful (I'm jealous :D )
Two other ones (both white cats), don't seem to have eyelashes, or maybe their eyelashes are white and I just can't see them :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2002, 11:52 PM
All of my cats have them. I thought that since Storm and Pepper have long fur that their eyelashes would be more noticeable. I was wrong because Sunny's are the most noticeable and also seem to be the longest. :)

Linda craig
11-27-2017, 07:31 AM
I have two black kittys. One has no eyelashes the other has eyelashes. Its interesting that the one who does is sleek like a mini panther, very short fur. The one who doesnt is very fluffy. I noticed right away that Mini had eyelashes, sooo cute