PDA

View Full Version : My new home

Felicia's Mom
07-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Since April I have been in an assisted living place and like it very much.
I can't have cats here either, but that is ok. Giving up Felicia and Beau to move to a nursing home was the hardest thing I've ever done and I never
want to go through that again.

I still use a walker and want to get one with a seat on it.

Randi
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Nancy, I'm so glad you like it there. :) Any chance you can get to visit Felicia and/or Beau every now and again? Or perhaps some other kitties?

I hope you'll get a walker with a seat on soon. One of the guys in our building got one recently and he seems very happy with it.

Felicia's Mom
07-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Any chance you can get to visit Felicia and/or Beau every now and again? Or perhaps some other kitties?

Felicia is dead and I don't know about Beau. People have brought dogs here but no cats of kittens.

Randi
07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry about Felicia - you must have posted about it and I forgot. :( I hope Beau has a nice home and gets spoiled.

Perhaps you could suggest the place you live adopt some kitties, too. :) They are low "maintenance" compared to dogs. ;)

Karen
07-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe you could ask the activities coordinator if they can find someone to bring kitties in some time? It's worth a shot and I bet other would enjoy it, too!

lvpets2002
07-20-2010, 12:19 PM
:) Nancy I am glad to hear that your setteling in very well & like your new home.. I am sorry to hear about your babies.. Yes I would ask the nursing home people if they would bring in some cats to comfort you & the others..

Freedom
07-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear that you are getting settled in.

My Dad used a walker for 4 months. The ones with seats had hand brakes and he couldn't manage the hand brakes. Don't know if that is an issue for you.

But they DO sell seats for the other type of walker! Here is a link for one of them:
http://www.wdrake.com/WalterDrake/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Health+%26+Beauty&SCID=Mobility+%26+Cushions&ProductID=0000097128

I bet tehre is a Pet Assisted Therapy group which would be glad to bring in cats for visits. Do ask. I did that with my cat, Sparkle, for a few years, back when she was younger. I enjoyed, and Sparkle just LOVES it when folks pet her and tell her how pretty she is, ha haa.

K9karen
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Hi Nancy! I'm glad you've settled in. I'm so sorry about Felicia. I also hope Beau has a loving home. I know you must miss them very much.

I have experience with assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Many times, during my visits, I've seen therapy cats and dogs. I surely pray your facility can arrange visits. The residents perk right up! What wonderful therapy.

I don't know your situation, but Medicare paid for many of my mom's "needs". A walker with a chair would be great for you. Many of the residents where my aunt is, have one and get around great.

Thanks for checking in. It;s always great to hear from you.

Barbara
07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
It's good to hear that you like the place where you are. I remember Felicia's passing.
I hope that you can enjoy being mobile, even with a walker, for a long time.