PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question

NicoleLJ
07-19-2010, 07:59 PM
One of my fiances favorite movies is 2012. So we watched it yesterday and when we went for our evening walk (at 1am) we had a discussion of some of the things that would need to be considered. One of the topics discussed was dogs. They would be needed but what breeds would honestly make it onto the ship to rebuild the new world. Remember These ships need to have enough room for the people, space for the equipement, food for all the animals and people and so on. And based on the movie it looked like only 3 ships made it. So which breeds do you honestly think would make it and why?

Karen
07-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I think it depends on what other animals they are taking, whether they would have a need for herding dogs, ratters, vermin control, or what! Of course I would advocate for saving some shelter mutts, and having a panoply of genes for the next generations!

NicoleLJ
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Obviously they would need herding dogs for the livestock, hunting dogs for hunting to suppliment meat till the herds got up to a decent level agian, vermin control I am not sure about because they could also use ferrets and/or cats and they eat less then dogs. Basically they would need breeds, in my mind, that could do the jobs needed now and realizing space is tight obviously many breeds would not make it. Obviously this would not be like the story of Noahs Ark where he supposedly only took a pair of each type of animal. Can't start a new population that way.

Marigold2
07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Wolfs since all dogs came from them.
Or another thought is Boader Collie for their brains and hearding.
Blood hounds for their noses.
German Shepards for their intelligence, loyalty and protection.
Those 4 breeds I would take, some to mix some to leave pure.

Miranda_Rae
08-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh i absolutely hate that movie!! i find it soooo incredible depressing, and Michael loves it. He watches documenteries on it all the time. :rolleyes: I'm not sure what kind they would take...that is an interesting question...while we are at it, what kind of horses or cats would they take?

CatsMeow
09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
They would take... Dogs: Beagles, Collies, Pitbulls. Cats:Siamese, Egyptian Mau, Abyssannian. Horse: Palomino, Paint, arabian, Mustang. Fish: Minnow, Crowntail Betta (lol) . Hamsters: Uh... Just plain hamsters. Lol. Birds: Vultures, Eagles!

That ajnswer it? LOL

Marigold2
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
What about Maine Coon Cats? Norweign? What about rabbits, they breed really well I am told.
And what about draft horses, Shetland ponies, Morgans?
I could go on..........

kitten645
09-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I would take a "Calvin" of the cute kitty breed. :D
BTW, hated that movie too. LOL! DAYS later I kept going.."hey wait, what about...(fill in the blank)" LOL!