PDA

View Full Version : Baby GIRL names

JenBKR
07-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Yep, looks like we're having a girl! We're having some trouble agreeing on a name, so of course I thought I'd take it to PT! Middle name will probably be either Grace or Nicole. Vote for your favorite or post some of your favorite girl names. Thanks!

Husky_mom
07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
yay!! a girl!!.. I still have no clue what mine is.. besides a ninja that is.. lol

if middle name Grace.. IŽd choose Brooklyn
if Nicole then Ashlynn.. ;)

without knowing middle name I like Brooklyn best out of those three

congrats!!

Pembroke_Corgi
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Congratulations!! When is your due date?

I love the name Alaina, I think it's such a pretty name. My best friend growing up had a sister named that, only she spelled it Alena (they were German).

Catherinedana
07-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and don't recommend that you name your daughter after that place! LOL!

Karen
07-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Congratulations

Alaina Grace would be my choice!

There are some negative associations with Brooklyn, I'd rather it be Brooke, with or without the e! Lovely water associations to that, not grimy city ones.

Taz_Zoee
07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Having worked in day care for 12 years I have heard a lot of names. I had a two year old named Brooklyn and she was the cutest darn thing!!
That is a down fall though to have worked with kids. Because I hear a name and associate it with that child.
But I voted for Ashlynn. I had thought of that name for a girl way back when I actually thought I would have children. But I'd spell it with one n.

Congrats on the baby girl!!! :D :D

jennielynn1970
07-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Love all the names, but Ashlynn is not one I hear a lot of in school, so I'd choose that one. It's so pretty and would sound nice with either of the middle names.

Heck, they're all nice names, lol. Hope you have a happy and healthy baby girl!

Marigold2
07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
My husbend has a niece named Brooklynn and we always have called her Brookie. Ashlynn might become Ash as Ashleys often do.
So that is always something to think about.
All the names are beautiful. As I am sure your daughter will be.

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations

Alaina Grace would be my choice!

This is also my choice.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey, Ty will be a big brother soon!! I bet he is so proud to become a big brother!! A baby sister, how fantastic!!!

I lie the name Alaina Grace so much!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Ashlynn Nicole has a nice ring to it but I like all the options so am really no help at all :D

lvpets2002
07-20-2010, 12:29 PM
:eek: WoW another PT girl.. When are we due?? I think all of the names are very nice & sweet.. However I did choose Brooklyn.. Many Congrats to you & family..

sirrahbed
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I like the sound of Brooklyn Grace, but I do like all of the names very much!

JenBKR
07-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone! Baby is due November 15 (2 days after Ty's birthday! :eek:). I never thought about Brooklyn the city, I just know someone who named their daughter that and thought it was pretty. See, that's why I come to you guys for help ;) I'll let you know if we ever make a final decision! LOL

Karen
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I had a friend in school whose parents still hadn't decided on a name for her when they were taking her home from the hospital, so her birth certificate says "female" instead of a first name. They eventually did settle on Bridget as her name, but not quickly enough for the paperwork!

CountryWolf07
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Love the name, Brooklyn.... I'd have "Brooke" for short.

Marigold2
07-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I like L and A names. One of my favs is Lola. It's so hip even now I think.
I am not into the old fashioned names like, Emma and Abigal, Martha and Edna. They sound so old and crusty.
Same with Josh, Jeremy.
Hope I haven't offended anyone. I know names are very personal.
Just my opinion.
As I said I like L and A names like Lydia, Linda, Laura, Lillian, Lilia, Lola
Or Alexis, Anne, Alexandria, Alicia, Anastasia
Anyway...........................

carole
07-21-2010, 04:30 AM
I actually love all your girls first names, so did not vote in the poll, but i have to choose Nicole for the second name as that is my daughter's second name, let us all know what you end up choosing .:)

lvpets2002
07-21-2010, 10:27 AM
:eek: WoW talking about the birthadays being together.. Oh that would be so Neat if you had Brooklyn? on Tys birthday.. Congrats What does Ty think about having a baby sister??
Thanks everyone! Baby is due November 15 (2 days after Ty's birthday! :eek:). I never thought about Brooklyn the city, I just know someone who named their daughter that and thought it was pretty. See, that's why I come to you guys for help ;) I'll let you know if we ever make a final decision! LOL

Miranda_Rae
07-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I like Aliana because it is different and its not as common as the others. Congrats btw. It seems like everyone I know and on PT is having babies! haha.

dab_20
07-23-2010, 01:04 AM
I really like Brooklynn Grace or Alaina Grace. Congratulations!!

Karen
07-23-2010, 01:55 AM
I just checked and "Brooklyn" is a far more common name - it was #47 in popularity in 2008, and Alaina was #247, so I'd go with the less popular name. I was almost never the only Karen in any gathering, and it gets confusing!

Just wanted to add that.

I think Ashlynn would have to correct everyone who would think her name was Ashley, like my sister Johanna spent years telling people her name was Joanna or Joanne as those were far more common.

lvpets2002
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
:) Thats like my name is Helene && EveryOne says helen or helena.. And I am like its Helene = the "E"s are long vowels..

JenBKR
07-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I just checked and "Brooklyn" is a far more common name - it was #47 in popularity in 2008, and Alaina was #247, so I'd go with the less popular name. I was almost never the only Karen in any gathering, and it gets confusing!

Just wanted to add that.

Wow...I didn't realize Brooklyn was that popular! I actually would have thought that Alaina would be the more popular name. Thanks! I know all too well what it's like to have a very common name...I don't think I had a single class in school where I was the only Jen. ;)

Catherinedana
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
People seriously name their kids "Brooklyn"? How odd. . .

JenBKR
07-26-2010, 09:58 AM

Really...why? I thought it was pretty, and a little different from Brooke.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2010, 10:31 AM

the Beckhams did...

Catherinedana
07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe because I grew up in Brooklyn and to me it is a "place" and not a person's name. I make different connections with it. . .it would be like naming your child "Baton Rouge" or something like that! :D

Guess it could be used as a combination type name (Brooke-lynn) like Joanne or Carolynn. Just never occurred to me in that way. To me Brooklyn is Brooklyn, NY!

JenBKR
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe because I grew up in Brooklyn and to me it is a "place" and not a person's name. I make different connections with it. . .it would be like naming your child "Baton Rouge" or something like that! :D

Guess it could be used as a combination type name (Brooke-lynn) like Joanne or Carolynn. Just never occurred to me in that way. To me Brooklyn is Brooklyn, NY!

Ah...I understand. I've never been there, so I don't think I associate the city with the name. Now, if someone named their child 'Pittsburgh,' that would be odd to me....;)

k9krazee
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I love the name Brooklyn, but I know 3 Brooklyns born this year! I understand about associating a name with a city. My parents live in Mason, so it's weird to me when I hear someone name their baby that!

I want to name a future daughter Isabel, after my grandmother, but Bella, Isabella, etc are really common now. I really like the name Ava or Eva too, but same thing.

Good luck choosing a name! :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
My daughter's middle name is Alane. I love all the names but I think I like Alaina Nicole better. :)

JenBKR
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, I think we have decided on....Alaina Grace! Thanks everyone for all of the input. It's never easy choosing a name ;)

carole
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
oh i just love your choice of names for your girl, so pretty, just beautiful like she will be.:love: