PDA

View Full Version : Mad Mel

Marigold2
07-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Watching the news on Mr. Gibson.
Would you go see one of his movies now?
I think some therapy and anger management are in order and then a $10.000.000 check to a women's shelther would be nice as a way to say " I am sorry".

sparks19
07-17-2010, 11:24 PM
if it was a movie I was interested in seeing... yes

sure he should pay for his issues and he needs help... but that wouldn't stop me from seeing a movie I want to see

blue
07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Havent seen anything he's been in since Lethal Weapon 4. I dont think Ive been missing anything. IF he does another Mad Max film I ll probably watch it but anything else probably not.

Grace
07-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Would you go see one of his movies now?

I've never seen any of his movies in the past, so I'm not sure that I would see any in the future - if he makes many more. My husband has seen several of his - especially likes The Patriot and Braveheart.

pomtzu
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Just from watching his recent tirades on t.v., he appears to be a certifiable lunatic. I can't say that I've ever really paid attention to any of his movies, since I'm not much of a movie person, but I know for sure, that I won't be watching any in the future.
I think a lot of people have a much different picture of this mad man, than they ever had before, and won't support him any further.

Asiel
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Just from watching his recent tirades on t.v., he appears to be a certifiable lunatic. I can't say that I've ever really paid attention to any of his movies, since I'm not much of a movie person, but I know for sure, that I won't be watching any in the future.
I think a lot of people have a much different picture of this mad man, than they ever had before, and won't support him any further.

I'm one of those people who have a different outlook on him now but I honestly was surprised at his behaviour lately. I never paid much attention to him before and I'm not one for watching movies much but if a movie did come out that looked like something real interesting I probably would watch it because I crave a good movie like we used to be able to watch. I'm actually appalled at his behaviour though .
We seem to be getting a lot of surprises lately from people we thought we knew.

Catherinedana
07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
He lost me after Mad Max. Second one was great because Tina Turner was in it!! I feel he is a hammy actor and am not crazy about him. Same thing with Nicholas Cage.

Sorry if I offend a fan or two - just expressing my humble opinon.

I like weird movies anyway!

lvpets2002
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
:) I so aggree.. I will never watch him again.. I used to like him too.. I also used to like Tom Cruise until he went off on the deep end & now I wont watch him anymore.. What really just gets to me is Mel G. was the producer & directer of the Rising Christ movie & that was a must I go see.. By seeing his actions now makes me call him a hypocrit..

Bonny
07-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe Mel is having a middle age crisis?:eek: I liked it when Mel & Danny Glover played detectives.:cool:

phesina
07-19-2010, 07:22 PM
:) I so aggree.. I will never watch him again.. I used to like him too.. I also used to like Tom Cruise until he went off on the deep end & now I wont watch him anymore.. What really just gets to me is Mel G. was the producer & directer of the Rising Christ movie & that was a must I go see.. By seeing his actions now makes me call him a hypocrit..

That's what I especially love about Mel: what a good Catholic he is!

lvpets2002
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes & may lightening strick him & drop him to his knees.. The man needs help now.. And if I was the mother of his new baby = I damn sure would Not let him see or have that baby alone with him..

That's what I especially love about Mel: what a good Catholic he is!

Marigold2
07-20-2010, 09:42 PM
After listening to the rants I would say he is ready for a stroke or a nervous breakdown.

wombat2u2004
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
He probably went nuts from living in Australia so long.
That's what happened to me :cool:

lvpets2002
07-26-2010, 12:22 PM
:p Now are you sure thats what happened to you Wom?? Well at least your admitting your Nuttss..:D

moosmom
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I haven't gone to ANY of his movies since his last outburst about African Americans, Jews, etc. I'm not lining the pockets of a biggot.

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 07:47 AM
:p Now are you sure thats what happened to you Wom?? Well at least your admitting your Nuttss..:D

Absolutely ;)

Queen of Poop
07-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Used to like Mr. Mel. Not anymore. Can't stand him. His behavior hits way too close to home.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2010, 09:53 AM

You'd be nuts no matter where you lived ;)

lizbud
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Absolutely ;)

Not to worry Wom. At least you're not one who has to "carry around"
a sign to remind folks that you are NOT nuts. :D:D ;)

eg.

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Very mature, Liz.

Are you going to pull out the ugly jokes next? Or maybe (shudder) the "yo mamma" lines?

Bonny
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Why are such a Bully? Before it was Marigold you picked on now it is Lizbud? What is it with you? :confused:

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
This must be a new definition of bully:

Bully-One who calls out other posters for being condescending and needlessly insulting........

Nope, not in Merriam Websters yet.........

Bonny
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Are you people related Blu & Pucky? Ladys Human, & Karen? I think Lizbud has been slam dunked by the 3 of you & is badly hurt by it. I don't even know Lizbud haven't had any contact with her/him. There are people on here that have contributed in a way that helps keep this board running are you going to bite the hands that feed this board? I have been drilled by Pucky in the past, I know what it feels like!

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Contrary to popular belief, it is entirely possible to discuss current events and political issues without resorting to insults.

Being that there is apparently no interest in civility on this board, I would recommend that the dog house be closed and deleted, and the discussion of politics and current events be banned.

Too bad, I like Thursdays, and enjoy political discussion when it can be done maturely.

Bonny
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
As long as no one challenges or disputes your way of thinking?

pomtzu
07-27-2010, 12:06 PM
If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!!!

Just a generalized statement, and not directed at anyone in particular.....:p No response needed, but if the shoe fits, then indeed you should wear it. :D

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 12:06 PM
No, challenging one's way of thinking does not equal insults and personal slams.

Contrary to popular belief, two people disagreeing does not mean one is stupid and the other is intelligent. It means they have a difference of opinion.

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!!!

Just a generalized statement, and not directed at anyone in particular.....:p No response needed, but if the shoe fits, then indeed you should wear it. :D

But when the heat is pointless or due to an issue which is easily remedied, DO something about it.

Cataholic
07-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I thought Liz was teasing Wom.....

pomtzu
07-27-2010, 12:24 PM
But when the heat is pointless or due to an issue which is easily remedied, DO something about it.

Yes - it may be pointless - but everyone that posts a comment believes that they are in the right. So it's just a vicious circle - it goes round and round and there is no end. :(

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Again, believing you're right does not mean the other person is stupid.

pomtzu
07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Again, believing you're right does not mean the other person is stupid.

No - but it's their opinion and they believe it to be correct. Like I said - vicious circle. Perhaps everyone that posts should end each post with "IMO"

Lady's Human
07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
No, perhaps everyone who posts should stick to the issue at hand and not bring personal comments into the discussion.

lizbud
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Are you people related Blu & Pucky? Ladys Human, & Karen? I think Lizbud has been slam dunked by the 3 of you & is badly hurt by it. I don't even know Lizbud haven't had any contact with her/him. There are people on here that have contributed in a way that helps keep this board running are you going to bite the hands that feed this board? I have been drilled by Pucky in the past, I know what it feels like!

Is is that obvious? Must be, or others would not have picked up on it.
Or maybe they did but just didn't post about it. Thanks Bonnie.:) I'm not
hurt at all. This a'in't my first rodeo.:D

LH feels the need to pop off every once in a while. Forget it, I do.:)

and yes Cataholic, it was a joke. Did I not put enough smilies in to show that?:D:D:D:D

pomtzu
07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
No, perhaps everyone who posts should stick to the issue at hand and not bring personal comments into the discussion.

That will never happen~~~~~~~~~~~~IMO :p

Bonny
07-27-2010, 12:51 PM
How can you not get personal if you are honest about what you believe in & it comes deep from within your heart?

lizbud
07-27-2010, 12:52 PM
No - but it's their opinion and they believe it to be correct. Like I said - vicious circle. Perhaps everyone that posts should end each post with "IMO"

You know, I too feel like, lately maybe we should post IMO after everything.

Oh Gawd......, now LH will be going on & on all day about this.

p.s. IMHO

Medusa
07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
How can you not get personal if you are honest about what you believe in & it comes deep from within your heart?

Because the title of the thread is Mad Mel. The discussion was about Mel Gibson and then a jab at another PTer was made and everyone was off and running. Why get personal when the discussion was about a celebrity that so many have claimed that they don't give a fig about anyhow?

RICHARD
07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I
This a'in't my first rodeo.:D

Me either,

But, I hate the way my arse feels the next morning.

I've cut back.

Bonny
07-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Medusa, There are bullies on here & they nit pick, pick.

Medusa
07-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Medusa, There are bullies on here & they nit pick, pick.

Which has nothing to do whatsoever w/Mad Mel. Another topic, another thread perhaps but not here.

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Who is bullying in this thread??:confused:

RICHARD
07-27-2010, 04:59 PM

Someone said "rodeo" and there ain't no rodeo with out some bulls!:D:confused::o

pomtzu
07-27-2010, 05:01 PM

Mad Mel............:D:D:D:D:D

imo

carole
07-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Briefly i will say i too thought Lizbud was teasing wombat, and knowing wom i am sure he took it that way, i don't see how one could take it any other way, but obviously i was wrong there.

Now back to the thread Mad Mel,never been a fan, never will be, can take or leave him now,he is still an abusive man who needs to deal with his anger, celeb or not, no different to any other abuser IMO.

Asiel
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Because the title of the thread is Mad Mel. The discussion was about Mel Gibson and then a jab at another PTer was made and everyone was off and running. Why get personal when the discussion was about a celebrity that so many have claimed that they don't give a fig about anyhow?

I've been following the posts since the beginning of the Mad Mel original post and I have to agree with Medussa on this. How in the world did Mad Mel, someone we obviously all find distasteful get everyone turned against each other like this? Isn't this a bit like adulation for this guy? Just think how proud he would feel to know he holds this kind of power over all of us here....maybe it's time to show the idiot the exit....IMO

I would much rather know how Myndi is doing Ellie.....:D

lizbud
07-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Briefly i will say i too thought Lizbud was teasing wombat, and knowing wom i am sure he took it that way, i don't see how one could take it any other way, but obviously i was wrong there.

IMO.

No Carole, you were not wrong at all, you got it right the first time. It was
teasing, good natured teasing at that. Pucky is no shrinking violet who is
easily crushed by that kind of thing. Anyhoo, I meant to cheer up Wom
because we "real crazies" gotta stick together. My old therapist once told
me that I should write a book about my life experiences.:eek: :D :D

lizbud
07-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Me either,

I've cut back.

Rishard, I think the trick is to never sit down on the bull .....completely.
Keep your rear, ah, nevermind.:)

RICHARD
07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Rishard, I think the trick is to never sit down on the bull .....completely.
Keep your rear, ah, nevermind.:)

I don't ride stuff bigger than me?
:confused::o:rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Someone said "rodeo" and there ain't no rodeo with out some bulls!:D:confused::o

Cracking me up as always!! :D :D :D So true.

Mad Mel is the bully, Ellie. By a long shot.

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
You'd be nuts no matter where you lived ;)

Thankyou Deniece......I'll make sure and say "Hello" to Denephew. :p

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Not to worry Wom. At least you're not one who has to "carry around"
a sign to remind folks that you are NOT nuts. :D:D ;)

eg.

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

Hee hee ;);)

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I thought Liz was teasing Wom.....

She was, and there's no harm in that....in fact I welcome it. It gives a lighter side to this forum that is much needed. ;)

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Me either,

I've cut back.

Try a pillow next time old mate ;);)

Puckstop31
07-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I am not sure what to say here. LOL I have not been following this thread, yet I am a character in it.

Should I be flattered?

And Liz... Was...that...a compliment? The "shrinking violet" thing? :)

---

And come on... We can discuss and banter. I'm making a pledge right now to cease with any kind of personal comment. I'd like to think it's been that way for a week or more now.

Call it an epiphany.

---

If you don't get my Homer Simpson quote and how it is suppsoed to tie into my avatar.... You do not understand the amazing thing that is The Simpsons. Matt Groening is a freaking genius. If all you see is a fat, dumb oaf and the brainless things he does... You don't get it. And that is fine. Just do not assume to much about my quote and avatar. :)

Enough off topic. I feel a new thread coming on. LOL

---

OT comment. Mel must have viewed the best Simpsons Halloween episode and taken it to heart..

Homer - "No TV and no beer, make, Homer....Something, something."

Marge - "Go Crazy?"

Homer - "DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!!!!! Waaahhhh ho hoh ohohohhhoo phbbt hoogada....."

:D

Marigold2
07-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Wom you are such a delight.

wombat2u2004
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Wom you are such a delight.

Now that their's two of us.....we just have to convince the rest of em. ;)

RICHARD
07-27-2010, 11:58 PM
If you don't get my Homer Simpson quote and how it is suppsoed to tie into my avatar.... You do not understand the amazing thing that is The Simpsons. Matt Groening is a freaking genius. If all you see is a fat, dumb oaf and the brainless things he does... You don't get it. And that is fine. Just do not assume to much about my quote and avatar. :)

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OF HIS BOOKS...

1986 - Love is Hell - (ISBN 0-394-74454-3)
1986 - Work is Hell - (ISBN 0-394-74864-6)
1987 - School is Hell - (ISBN 0-394-75091-8)
1988 - Box Full of Hell - (ISBN 0-679-72111-8)
1988 - Childhood is Hell - (ISBN 0-679-72055-3)
1989 - Greetings from Hell - (ISBN 0-679-72678-0)
1989 - Akbar and Jeff's Guide to Life - (ISBN 0-679-72680-2)
1990 - The Big Book of Hell - (ISBN 0-679-72759-0)
1991 - With Love From Hell - (ISBN 0-06-096583-5)
1991 - How to Go to Hell - (ISBN 0-06-096879-6)
1992 - The Road to Hell - (ISBN 0-06-096950-4)
1994 - Binky's Guide to Love - (ISBN 0-06-095078-1)
1994 - Love is Hell: Special Ultra Jumbo 10th Anniversary Edition - (ISBN 0-679-75665-5)
1997 - The Huge Book of Hell - (ISBN 0-14-026310-1)
2007 - Will and Abe's Guide to the Universe - (ISBN 0061340375)

They are the funniest commentaries on life, love.....oh, HELL!

I warned you.:D

RICHARD
07-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Try a pillow next time old mate ;);)

I am not going to tell you to 'ride off into the sunset'.

You fricking bikers look for any reason to go for a ride.:p:eek::)

wombat2u2004
07-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I am not going to tell you to 'ride off into the sunset'.

You fricking bikers look for any reason to go for a ride.:p:eek::)

It's the cane toads mate.....another brilliant pommie idea.
The 50 million cane beetles have been eradicated, but now we have 50 billion cane toads in their place.....I think Q Victoria spent too much time in bed with P Albert....befuddled her mind you know....kind of like the Mad George syndrome.
That's the reason I ride the Harley.....I skittle the toads. Got 3 last week....got a ways to go yet. ;)

RICHARD
07-28-2010, 12:47 AM
That's the reason I ride the Harley.....I skittle the toads. Got 3 last week....got a ways to go yet. ;)

Just where a helmet? O.k.?

wombat2u2004
07-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Just where a helmet? O.k.?

No flurries mate. ;)

Medusa
07-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Matt Groening is a freaking genius. If all you see is a fat, dumb oaf and the brainless things he does... You don't get it.

You'd get along great w/my son. He loves the Simpsons and I get him the latest season every year as a stocking stuffer. Maybe Mel should chill out and watch a few episodes.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Thankyou Deniece......I'll make sure and say "Hello" to Denephew. :p

:D nice one!

P.S. my take on Mr Gibson - maybe he wasn't acting quite so much when he played Riggs.....

Marigold2
07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Love the Simps and Family Guy.