PDA

View Full Version : fostering 3 kittens...PICS #22,#42,#47,58,70,#80-81, HS Website 88

Catty1
07-16-2010, 10:41 PM
for the local Humane Society. The only room I can block off that my boys don't need to get into is my bathroom - so my friend who is volunteer coordinator for the HS said I should take the kittens as my bathroom will be bigger than the space they are in now.

They are weaned, one is a runt...and I will foster them til good homes are found. HA HA HA HA!!!!

Pics will be forthcoming. I wonder if I will find out what it is like to fail Fostering 101. A little girl kitty would be good for the boys....:D

Grace
07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Good for you :)

I have a friend who fosters for our local Humane Society. She recently had four orange girl kittens - and they all got adopted at an adoption event. Then she brought home three others, but only took them for a couple of weeks - she's headed out of town for a trip.

She said she was surprised how difficult it was to give up the first ones when the time came. But as she divides her time between here and Florida, having another of her own would be difficult. The fostering satisfies an itch :)

Laura's Babies
07-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Good luck and if you fail fostering, you won't be alone!

Freedom
07-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Good luck and if you fail fostering, you won't be alone!

Hear hear!!! LOL

Candace, I am sure you will enjoy fostering. Initially they need to be separated but over time, you can let them mix in, right?

You didn't say how old they are at this point! And I am drooling in anticipation of the photos, so once you have them, don't delay, he hee.

Queen of Poop
07-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I did see that the CHS was overrun with kitties. Good for you for being able to help them out. What fun you and the boys are going to have!!! Looking forward to your photos.

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2010, 10:20 AM
This is exactly why I have never fostered. I know for sure I would be a foster failure, no doubt about it.
But I just love seeing others here be foster failures. Hee hee :) I also can't wait to see pictures. Kittens are so much fun. Although, I've never had more than one at a time either.

Grace
07-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Have they arrived yet? And, if so, how are Oscar and Cole reacting?

catmandu
07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I have offered to foster an Older Cat or Two who is not likely to ever fiind a home and they , in my opinion would be much happier in the Found Cat Hotel with lots of room to roam and play in , and the Found Cats to be their friends.:love::love::love:
So far I have been refused as I have too many Cats:confused::confused:
One or Two Older Cats would not that that much of a burden , and would free up a place for Two Newer Cats:confused::confused:
Why they would rather have these Ctas in cages , I don't know:confused::confused::confused:

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Good luck.:) I'd also be a foster failure. I look forward to seeing pictures.:)

jennielynn1970
07-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Oooooh.... more kittens!! It is kitten season!!!

Catty1
07-17-2010, 05:56 PM
They are about 6 - 8 weeks old. The one pair have a bit of a poo problem, and the other is a runt. I just have to make sure they are eating and everything.

The CAHS provides the litter box, food, everything. Oscar and Cole will just not be in the bathroom with Meowmie for a while! :D

Hadn't thought of them mixing...that would be interesting! I get the home inspection tomorrow afternoon (a friend of mine holds the volunteer coordinator position) and if all goes well, I bring them home Monday morning.

I haven't told Mom...but when she sees the little fuzz nuggets, I know she will melt! :D

phesina
07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Ohhhhh... that's so nice! Thank you, Candace, for doing this. You are giving these three babies a good chance and making room for others at the shelter.

Looking forward to hearing all about their arrival and seeing pictures!

Catty1
07-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, I will be picking up these babies tomorrow morning. :D They are all from one litter - a total litter of 6! :eek:

Just have to make sure the runt is eating.

I BCC'd my friends in the Cochrane area in case some of them might have one room where they can help out temporarily.

Pics as soon as I can get them. :):love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Yay!!!!:) Get plenty of sleep now because they're going to keep you on your toes. I forgot just how messy and dirty little kittens can be.;) I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing some pictures of them too.:)

Catty1
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Just to be clear - I am getting only 3 of the 6. The coordinator warned me that they might climb my shower curtains. This should surprise me??? :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Just to be clear - I am getting only 3 of the 6. The coordinator warned me that they might climb my shower curtains. This should surprise me??? :D

Oh yes. I folded mine over so that Alani and Blaze wouldn't be tempted.;) They did jump in the bathtub though which doesn't concern me because they can get out. I'd also remove your toilet paper because kittens love to attack that as well. Good luck.:)

katladyd
07-18-2010, 05:31 PM
It's not just kittens. Big cats also love to have a good time with the toilet paper and paper towels! What is it about them and shredding?

phesina
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
What is happening with the other 3 of the litter?

Catty1
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM
The HS has about 44 kittens or something silly like that! :eek: The other three are fostered elsewhere, or are going to be.

I BCC'd a few people locally who might be able to foster temporarily...there is one gal in particular who would love it.

Praying for a good turnout at the volunteer orientation on Wednesday; it includes fosters!

Bathroom floor totally clean...did it on hands and knees with the Melaleuca cleaner. Have the fan on, all is dry, everything polished within an inch of its life.

Funny - my cats never bother shredding any kind of paper. :confused: But...these kittens might be different!

Laundry hamper is in the hall, garbage can under sink - the cupboard doors are spring-loaded; even an adult cat would have a hard time opening them.

All ready for the babies! Well, the room is...I am not sure what I am in for aside from cuteness...:D

Catty1
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
They are here, bouncing around in the bathroom the way only the brainless wee ones can! lol

I brought all the supplies up, so left the camera in the car. I WILL post pics ASAP!

I got a different trio, all females. One is a tortie, the two others are grey tabbies, one light and one dark grey. They need names.

Oh - and guess which one was the most distracted, mewed the most (the others have been silent) and when the water dish was spilled, was the only one with wet fur? First two guesses don't count! :D

Husky_mom
07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
the tortie.. no wait.. the tortie.. ok final guess the tortie?.. lol

haha.. guess we´d see another kitty run home now.. yay for "fostering".. ;)

all these kitties make me want one.. or two.. awww..

Catty1
07-19-2010, 04:17 PM
First - Norm, the Cochrane and Area Humane Society's resident cat. Even their store is named after him - Norm's Nook!

He loved my lap.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190023.jpg

Here's one of his many offices:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190025.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190026.jpg

Babies in the carrier at the CAHS:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190027.jpg

more...

Catty1
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Babies are trying out a new toy here...think they liked it? I love dollar stores!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190028.jpg

Little grey girl
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190029.jpg

Pic of other little grey girl:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190033.jpg

Little grey in back...part of wild tortie face in front killing the toy! lol :D
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190030.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190031.jpg

...more...

Catty1
07-19-2010, 04:22 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190032.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190034.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190035.jpg

Does this one not remind you of another famous tortie kitten on PT? :D
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190036.jpg

Will try for close-ups when they nap...if they ever do...the DO nap, don't they??? :eek:;):D

phesina
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, they are just SOOOOOOOOOO cute! Adorable!

Grace
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm afraid I would fail fostering the minute they came out of the carrier.

They are adorable :love:

cassiesmom
07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Hee hee, they are so darling! I want to pet each one!

This kitty reminds me of Paizly, Pinot, Angel and Giz, and I wonder if lvpets2002's Taccoa looked like this when she was a widdle one.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190036.jpg

Queen of Poop
07-19-2010, 06:31 PM
OMG!!!! They are SOOOO adorable!!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
AWWWWW!!!! They're all so adorable.:D Yes, kittens do nap but only after playing and using up all of their energy.;) It also helps if they have full bellies too.

cool4catz2
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Aw..Aw! Can't stand it:love:! I will have sweet visions of kittens in dreamland tonight. Thanks for getting the pix up so fast. I am so jealous;). No need to tell you to have fun!!! Love that sweet Norm, BTW!!

Catty1
07-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, I am about to go brush my teeth and to try and not step on tails. They had a REALLY good feed.

I forgot to get a nite light for them, so will put a small lamp in. I am keeping the fan on.

They are on meds for runny poo...I hope that gets fixed shortly. Prayers for the wittle girls tummies, please.

Thanks for all the great thoughts. Nite nite.:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Since they have runny poo, you may also want to try some canned pumpkin. Hopefully they'll like the taste of it or you can mix it in with some canned food. On Sat. I noticed that Blaze had some runny poo and ever since I began feeding them some Nature's Variety canned food that has some pumpkin in it, it's now cleared up. Good luck.:)

Barbara
07-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Aaawww- what sweet babies:)

Randi
07-20-2010, 04:58 AM
That grey girl is adorable, but so are the others! I hope their tummies are better already.

Kisses to them all! :love:

Laura's Babies
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
She reminds me so much of Giz! If her personality is anything like Giz's, she would be so MUCH fun!!

They are all so cute and all you posting these kitten pictures make me want them ALL! They are all so sweet looking and I just want to scoop them all up and love them to pieces!

Catty1
07-20-2010, 10:40 AM
The tortie is Giz...who has been the 'first' in everything, including mewing to be PICKED UP and cuddled. Also, she slipped out yesterday, and saw Oscar from a few feet away.

She turned herself into a little bottle brush, wee back fully arched, ears back! Tortietude! :D

All three slipped out this morning (quarantine is up) and the two grey ones started down the hall (Giz went her own way ;) exploring my bedroom). Oscar sniffed noses with the one, and hissed. No hackles - just hissed twice. Cole sat to one side and watched - I mean, it was all over in 5 seconds. The grey ones didn't hiss or react - it was more like they stopped in their tracks with a "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT????" :D Oscar DOES look pretty huge in comparison.

Amy has a foot fetish...wraps herself around my socked foot and uses claws and tiny teeth. At ten weeks, the claws can really be felt OW. This morning I went in with velcro strapped runners. Amy paused only a moment, then started to attack the velcro strips!

Poops have firmed up a bit - all goes well!:):love:

ETA: Still need a name for the darker grey girl. They are all sisters. Will try and post a better pic of her later.

KAK - missed your post somehow...I am not to change the food from the HS; they have 3 doses of meds left and hopefully that will do it (then I will wash my floor!). They have the coccidia med, so I am assuming that is what they have. But thanks so much! :)

Taz_Zoee
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I am totally in love with all three of them!! I have wanted a grey/silver/blue tabby for a long time. There was one when I adopted Jax, but it didn't look like these little girls. TOO CUTE!!!

A possible name for the dark grey girl....Abby. Like today's COTD. Plus it's a cute name. :) (Or you could spell it Abbie.) OR Gabby, for Grey tABBY. That's silly, I know. hee hee

That little tortie face is just too darn cute. I love the grey strip on her nose. Ugh, I can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am secretly (well, I guess not that secretly) hoping you are a foster failure for at least one of them. :D :p

lvpets2002
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
:love: Aweee they are all three such Cutie Sweetie Pies.. No Taccoa has more tabby in her markings.. Candice are you going to keep any of them??

Hee hee, they are so darling! I want to pet each one!

This kitty reminds me of Paizly, Pinot, Angel and Giz, and I wonder if lvpets2002's Taccoa looked like this when she was a widdle one.

Anikaca77
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
They are so adorable. Have fun. I really just don't know if I can foster much more...I get too attached too quickly...it's fun while they are here but letting go can be so hard too but at certains it might be a relief to get things semi-back to normal but the joys of kittens are wonderful.

Catty1
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
You know - as cute and lovely as these three are (Giz actually mews to be picked up and held!), I love my big boys.

I was reading the other day, with Oscar on my lap; he was purring with his green eyes half-closed - and, as he often does, he rested his chin on my arm while looking at me that way. AWWWW!

I am in no current danger of failing Fostering 101. Maybe I just haven't met the right kitten yet.... :p:D

Little ones got out last night...Giz, of course, went her own way, exploring my bedroom. The two grey ones went down the hall and STOPPED as an Oscar Monster was there.

Oscar sniffed noses with one of the grey ones, then hissed. He sat down again and hissed once more. But no hackles up.

Not sure about the kittens' tummies yet. The poo looked a bit better last night, but not so much this morning or tonight. Gave them another dose of meds, and they have one more left for the morning.

I decided it was time to move their litter box out of the way and get out some Melaleuca, hot water, rubber gloves and rag&scrubbie.

Someone tell me - a main ingredient of kitten poo is Crazy Glue, right? ;)

So far, so good. Will try and get some lap pics soon.:)

cassiesmom
07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
The tortie is Giz...who has been the 'first' in everything, including mewing to be PICKED UP and cuddled. Also, she slipped out yesterday, and saw Oscar from a few feet away.

She turned herself into a little bottle brush, wee back fully arched, ears back! Tortietude! :D

All three slipped out this morning (quarantine is up) and the two grey ones started down the hall (Giz went her own way ;) exploring my bedroom). Oscar sniffed noses with the one, and hissed. No hackles - just hissed twice. Cole sat to one side and watched - I mean, it was all over in 5 seconds. The grey ones didn't hiss or react - it was more like they stopped in their tracks with a "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT????" :D Oscar DOES look pretty huge in comparison.

Amy has a foot fetish...wraps herself around my socked foot and uses claws and tiny teeth. At ten weeks, the claws can really be felt OW. This morning I went in with velcro strapped runners. Amy paused only a moment, then started to attack the velcro strips!

Poops have firmed up a bit - all goes well!:):love:

ETA: Still need a name for the darker grey girl. They are all sisters. Will try and post a better pic of her later.

KAK - missed your post somehow...I am not to change the food from the HS; they have 3 doses of meds left and hopefully that will do it (then I will wash my floor!). They have the coccidia med, so I am assuming that is what they have. But thanks so much! :)

Have they also been tested for giardia? One of the cats in the shelter with Cassie had that when I adopted her. They wanted me to give her Flagyl when I first brought her home, but I decided not to medicate her unless she tested positive first, which she (fortunately) didn't.

If the mystery ingredient in kitteh poop isn't crazy glue then it must be mucilage. Yuck. Happens to my senior kittyzen every now and then.

Please give your big guys some big-guy hugs from me!

Catty1
07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
cassiesmom - I left a message for the vet tech last night; they go in for their shots tomorrow, and will ask again. Will take a sample in. They don't seem to be pooping as much as they were.

Here are pics from today...very few, as they were ACTIVE! I was hoping to get snuggly lap pics! :rolleyes:

Giz, the baddest and bravest:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7220039-1.jpg

Cirrus:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7220040-1.jpg

Amy, ready to pounce:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7220042-1.jpg

Will try to get more later... lol

I took them in their carrier to the living room. Oscar went and hid behind the couch. :rolleyes:

Cole went to the carrier and sniffed the 3 eager noses that were sniffing back. He did this a couple of times then walked a few feet away and just sat, looking at the carrier. No hissing or growling on either part.

I consoled Oscar (WIMP!), and took one kitten out - Giz, of course! :D

She went on her merry way, finding one scratching post - she and Cole had a good long nose sniff...no sound or puffing of fur from Cole. Giz toddled to the other side of the living room, tried out the base of the scratching tree, then wandered over to the lazyboy chair, where Oscar was crouched. When she finally decided to notice him ;) , there was another nose-sniff. Oscar gave a great big hiss, but no other noise. Giz was completely unfazed by this!

Because Oscar started life as a feral cat, I keep an especially close eye on him and the kitten.

I put Giz back in the carrier and ported the three of them back to their room. Out scooted Oscar - he had been in there smelling everything.

That's the latest excitement...Giz loves cuddles the most and YELLS for them in her kitten voice! :):love:

Husky_mom
07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
ha!.. how can one not fail with such cuties!!.. and when the fact they all seem to get along so far.. esp. Giz.. what a girl.. lol..

lvpets2002
07-23-2010, 09:18 AM
:love: Awee they are such Cutie Pies.. Now Candace dont you want atleast 1 baby.. Well of course Giz has a Cattitude = she is tortie.. Meaning she is normal..

Catty1
07-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Turned out that they were not getting shots this am...it was their deworming.

I had left a message for Liz, the vet tech, about the continued diarrhea even after 5 days of Metrodinazole. She had a new med for me - Clavaseptin.

The vet there told me that the three I have came in with another three smaller kittens (different litter, but all came together). The smaller ones had the diarrhea, were losing weight and going downhill fast - the Clavaseptin cleared them up! Obviously there could be an infection as well as parasites in these wittle ones.

Giz has to get her bum washed as she has an inflammation...they gave me ointment too. She was NOT happy about that! I also got warm soapy water and vinegar and washed the floor, carrier, litter tray - it's all clean. Hopefully the poops will be normal soon.

However, they are happy and playful and eat like little piggies. :D I was in there a bit ago, sitting on the edge of the tub, and both Amy and Giz had to climb up to my lap. AAK! And no camera nearby!

Just before Giz jumped up, a pool of brownish water left her and landed on the floor. Maybe it was from the bath, or an infection started to let go?

Everything is nice and clean now, and I look forward to reporting healthy kittens and providing more pics! :)

Queen of Poop
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh no. Giz is stealing my heart!!!

They are all so adorable. Hoping those poops firm up soon.

Catty1
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Gayle, there are more great Giz faces here, so I think you're doomed! lol

After they got the meds this morning, I came back and scrubbed everything (vinegar in mildly soapy hot water dissolves the crazy glue poo very nicely!). Washed bedding and towels, floor, box, carrier, everything. Then it was pic time!

Some pics were taken without flash...so kitties look a bit yellower. ;)

Cirrus decided the blankie fresh and warm from the dryer was the place to be!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230001.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230002.jpg

Then Amy climbed onto my lap. :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230003.jpg

Giz joined her!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230007.jpg

Here are all the lap shots - notice where Giz lay criss-crossed on Amy's back. :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230004.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230014.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230015.jpg

...more...

Catty1
07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230016.jpg

Cirrus didn't miss the lap time at all....zzzzzzz...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230008.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230017.jpg

Across the back...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230018.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230019.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230020.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230022.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230023.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230024.jpg

...few more...

Catty1
07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230027.jpg

Love Giz's face here
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230028.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230029.jpg

"Morning already? What's for dinner?"
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230031.jpg

Husky_mom
07-23-2010, 06:24 PM
lol.. oh Giz.. such a funny creature you are.. haha..

btw are Cirrus and Amy what´s considered Torbies?.. I do see some yellowing tortie resembling spots.. :)

all three are super cute!! I´d would be keeping them all if it were me..lol

Catty1
07-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Dinnertime! :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230001-1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7230002-1.jpg

Isabel, Amy is a pale grey tabby, but Cirrus has interesting markings...face is tabby, as is her front - but along her back are two "stripes" running either side of her spine that seem to have ticked fur; the fur along her spine is grey. You can see the stripes in pic #1 - Cirrus is the one on the left.

The "yellowing" - if you mean the photos, that is no flash. But yes, Amy has an orange tabby leg markings on the inside of one of her back legs, and a fleck of orange on her shoulder with a bit of mottling in the fur - and yet a tabby face!

Giz is, well, TORTIE... :D

Taz_Zoee
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I would so fail fostering 101, especially with these three!!! That Giz is just melting my heart just looking at the pictures!! Ugh. Good for you for refraining..........for now. :p

Queen of Poop
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
They are just too cute for words!!!! And that wonderful face shot of Giz, I melted!!!!! :love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
They're all so adorable.:) I sure hope that the new medicine will be able to help their runny poo problems.

phesina
07-24-2010, 08:17 AM
So SWEEEEEET!!!!!! Such adorable kittens.

Catty1
07-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Poop update. That's part of foster reports, right? ;)

I started them on the Clavaseptin yesterday about noon. They each got 1/2 tab as per directions, and I do the meds a few minutes before they eat so that they start to work on an emptier system.

So, three 1/2 tabs later (not including the one they got tonight), the stuff is starting to look like poop. Still too soft, but at least not blobs any more. :)

They still have another 5 days on the meds, so hopefully this med will do it!

Giz yells at me to be picked up and put on my lap; she also clambered up and laid across my collarbone area...good thing she is small or she would have tumbled. Big purrs from her and Amy today.

Cirrus is just not as cuddly - kind of a squirmy girl. But she is trying to climb my leg on occasion, so is catching on! :D

Little sweeties - I will be so happy when they are healthy and well. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm so glad that the new medicine is working for them and hopefully once they're finished with it, their poops will be normal and stay that way. Good luck.:)

Catty1
07-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I looked in after they had their dinner...and there they were, all snuggled up with full tummies. I heard purring as I leaned over them! :D

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250003.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250004.jpg

Amy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250005.jpg

Giz
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250006.jpg

The excitement was just too much for Cirrus.:):love:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250007.jpg

cassiesmom
07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
AWWWW!!! How sweet!

I hope the Clavaseptin works for them.

Catty1
07-25-2010, 08:55 PM
It is working, I think...today there were three distinct clumps of stuff, still soft, but less liquid than they were.

Little Giz was letting out farts on the new meds LOL! A squeaky sound like air being let out of a tiny balloon!:D

Grace
07-25-2010, 10:06 PM
They are so darn adorable. Thank you so very much for keeping us supplied with pictures :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
These newest pictures are just so adorable.:) I would definitely be failing as a foster mom.;)

Husky_mom
07-26-2010, 09:48 AM
oh I know what you meant about the no flash.. but it´s not it.. I kinda see a bit yellow in the back of one of em.. lol.. not sure who.. and the paws.. one definitely has yellow patch the other is more kinda diluted.. or so it seems ;)

but since they both have more tabby.. I thought they´d be torbies.. except for Giz a true-blood tortie.. hehe.. all 3 amazingly cute ;)

lvpets2002
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
:love: Aweee they are just such wittle Cutie Pies.. Candace you know you need to keeps these babies or at least Giz..

Catty1
07-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Or you need to take a redeye flight up here, Helene! ;)

If I were to keep one, Giz would do the best, although the others are becoming more fearless. Giz and Amy really have a bond....wish you could see them cuddling with each other in my lap and PURRRRRING. :):love: Would be nice if they had a home together.

I would really have to watch Oscar...he has done nothing more than hiss. However, he was a feral baby. (Cole seems to be jealous - meows at the bathroom door if I am in there with the babies...if they go to sniff noses with them, he will sniff, but then just walk away, unimpressed. Jealous baby? :D )

Isabel, you are right - I thought that might be what you meant. Amy has a wee post of that orange-pink just below her shoulders, and one of Cirrus's back legs is all orange tabby on the inside. Plus they each have little flecks of the pinkish colour.

My finances are bad this month...I suppose I could see if I could get a deal...but there are adult babies needing homes.

Zorro, Simon and Pearl here have been on the list a long time:

http://www.cochranehumane.ca/adopt_Cats.html

lvpets2002
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM
:love: Now Now dont temp me Candace.. Dont you have to have a passport now to get into Canada?? See there is my excuse.. ** Now the way I see it is Connie MOFF has two new babies && of course you know I have 3 new babies from Connie && now Tracey has 2 new babies == So there ya go you need at least 2 or all 3 of these new babies.. Hey I thought it was a good idea..:D

Catty1
07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, go with the kitten flow ROFL! :D

Pinot's Mom
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Candace, how have I managed to miss this WHOLE THREAD???

They are adorable, and, yes Giz does have some similarities to my Pinot Girl! I also looked at the other kitties up for adoption - there are some really striking kitties! I know it takes a bit longer for the older ones, sadly, but they are beautiful!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7250003.jpg

This picture is too cute for words! Good luck with them; hope the meds all work out well! :love:

Anikaca77
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Those babies are just too cute!

Catty1
07-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Here is a pic of the babies in the carrier before I brought them home on July 19.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7190027.jpg

Here are pics of them in the carrier today, July 30. They GROWED! :):love:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7310010.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7310009.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P7310011.jpg

Early Wednesday morning, Amy goes in for her spay; Thursday, it's Giz; Friday, Cirrus.

Then they stay there to find their forever homes. :(

I love little Giz - she loves my lap and even knows her name (I think!). But I can hardly afford myself and my boys at times, so she needs to go to another furrever home.

Why do I have LES???

krazyaboutkatz
07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Wow! They did grow .:) I hope that all of their spays go well. You have LES because they've touched your heart and you've bonded with them. This is why I couldn't ever be a foster mom because I don't think I'd be able to let them go. I'm sure that they'll all find wonderful forever homes and hopefully some of them will be able to stay together. You've done a great job so pat yourself on the back.:)

cassiesmom
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Catty1, ya done good! I can't look at these pictures any more because my eyes get all leaky. I hope the kittens' new human will register for PT!

momtomany
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh my I am in love again. I used to foster but after failing with number 7 bringing my number to 14, I decided I didn't need to do this anymore. Oh, what fun you are going to have. Are they running side ways yet?

Catty1
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Not quite running sideways....but the arched-back-stiff-legged-hopping sideways has happened a bit! :D

They are ALL at the HS now. All three were happy in their holding cage in the OR there. However, Amy was being taken over to an adoption room right away, and their photographer was taking pics of her when I left. He told me to keep talking as Amy responded to my voice (I had to jingle keys overhead too! KIDS! LOL)

She is going on their website TODAY so I will post her pic and writeup asap.

It's so QUIET here. Cole was really being a nuisance and soaking up all the affection!

Laura's Babies
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Ooooh no! Amy going up for adoption right away?.... Then Lil Giz......http://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif

Catty1
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I know, Laura - I know. {{{{hugs}}}}

I wrote on their forms - and hinted -that Giz and Amy were close and could maybe go as a pair. I can only hope!

Giz WAS a little hissy at Amy last night cause Amy smelled funny! :D

RedHedd
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Not quite running sideways....but the arched-back-stiff-legged-hopping sideways has happened a bit! :D Marbles does this - it's SO cute!

Catty1
08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I took back all the supplies this afternoon - and got to see Giz. She was still a bit wonky, but welcomed some pats and a cuddle.

Laura, Amy and Giz will be in the same "room"! Apparently Amy was already out and just watched while a few boy kittens misbehaved and went nuts. She finally jumped in and scattered them in order to settle them down! lol

Imagine once GIZ joins her! :D

Cirrus seemed fine - her surgery is tomorrow, and she didn't come over to me or anything.

Amy was in her room when I visited today - she was happily purring when I petted her, but no more panic. I'm glad! :)

lvpets2002
08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
:love: I am glad the babies are doing great after their surgeries.. ** Now Candace have you Failed Fostering 101 yet?? **:D

Catty1
08-06-2010, 05:49 PM
They will all be in the same room! :) Good thing I am a volunteer...I had to return two small items today, and of course snuck in to see Cirrus, then Amy and Giz. ;)

"We've been really good, Mom. Please post bail." :p
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060013.jpg

Amy on Wednesday morning when I dropped her off for surgery.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8040010.jpg

Cirrus on Friday August 5 - surgery was this morning. Got lots of purrs and she wanted to cuddle, but was not panicky. :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060012.jpg

"MY shelf. Ain't it cool?"
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060015.jpg
...more...

Catty1
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
None of the other cats were out, so I let them out for a few minutes.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060017.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060018.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060020.jpg

Giz wanted to check out the other kittens - they were trying to nap and she got hissed at! Look how tall she is - the cage is on top of a full size Rubbermaid blue bin. :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060019.jpg

Scratching post! What a concept!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060021.jpg

Giz the copy-kitten...she also followed Amy on sniffing the tent.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060022.jpg

So they all are thriving after their surgeries, and ready for a forever home. As you can see, they are quite ok!:):love: THANK YOU ALL for your lovies and affection for these babies, my first fosters.

cassiesmom
08-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Catty1... need a bail bondsman? :) These sweet facies are making my eyes leaky again...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/FOSTERS%20JULY%2019%202010/P8060013.jpg

Catty1
08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
cm...yes, they were sitting together snuggled up! Giz definitely wanted cuddles - but Amy lay down on her shelf there with the door wide open.

They are happy, healthy, young and adaptable. Believe me, potential owners are screened very well...though I do hope someone will take all three, or at least Amy and Giz. :love:

ETA: I am on a partial government income right now. Last month was tough...this month I was able to catch up on last month's utility bills. Feeding me and two adult furbabies is all I can do...but I am glad I can foster and 'borrow' some kitten time.

I understand the foster failing...even though it is meant humourously, it does bring LES because I am on such tight margins for income. :( I am grateful I had those babies here, and look forward to the next time.

krazyaboutkatz
08-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm glad that they're all doing so well and I hope that they'll all find loving forever homes quickly.:) It would be great if Amy and Giz could be adopted together since they seem to be very bonded.:) If I wasn't able to adopt both of my little boys then I wouldn't have them because they had to be adopted together.

Laura's Babies
08-07-2010, 07:44 AM
That one of them together is just the sweetiest!

Please put in their adoption contract that their new humans HAS to join Pet Talk and post pictures and updates of these PT babies.

Medusa
08-07-2010, 08:30 AM
They are so adorable, Candace. I can only imagine the LES when you part w/them. :love:

Kirsten
08-07-2010, 02:34 PM
These kittens are so incredibly cute!! :love: :love: :love:

Kirsten

Catty1
08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Scroll to the bottom - there they are! (August 6) They are listed at 3 months old. :)

http://www.cochranehumane.ca/adopt_Cats.html

These three little charmers arrived at the shelter in rough shape. After spending time in a loving foster home they are healthy and ready for adoption. Amy is the quietest kitten of the bunch but loves chase and play with feet. Giz is the talker of the group and would love a new home where she can start her new adventures. Sirrus loves to play and play with the cuddle time in between.

Amy
http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Aug5Amy2.jpg

Giz
http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Aug5Giz1.jpg

Sirrus [sic]
http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Aug5Cirrus2.jpg

Catty1
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
August 11 - just checked the HS website - and a kitten named Cookie got adopted, and so did Amy!

Maybe they went together - I know the three I fostered were allowed to play with another small group that included Sugar, Cookie and Chip. Amy had her own sweetness, that's for sure.:):love:

My volunteer shift is tonight, so I will see Cirrus and Giz. A neighbour of mine works at the HS, and last night he told me that he gave Giz some cuddles and she snuggled right in!