PDA

View Full Version : horses

cturtle
10-22-2002, 08:19 PM
hi anybody no anything about horses or own, ride a horse

Aspen and Misty
10-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Hi! I ride a horse every tuesday named Whinner. He is a great horse. I am looking about, thinking about, probly not going to cause of my parents, but my teacher is giving away a horse named Shadow (she is a great horse) for free. I might see if I can convinvce them cause if they said a miracle happned I could get a horse, and I think my mircle came (hopefully) Bording and stuff is only 200 dollars, which is cheap for at leats around here, normally it is 500 doallrs. So we will see!

Do you own any horses?

Ashley

Desert Arabian
10-22-2002, 09:08 PM
I have a wonderful horsey pal named Jack. He's the best friend anyone could have! He is a bay Quarter Horse and Morgan cross. He knows only western, and is really good at it. I feel really special because he only listens to me and two other people. If someone else tries to ride him- he is horrible! LOL- that cracks me up- I find that so silly! In the winter he looks even more cute than usual. That's because he has his winter coat. He looks like those big puffy furry caterpillars. I call him a woolybear! He looks like a giant "teddy-horse", you could hug him and squeeze him all day and never get tired of it. When we get done with really long trail rides he loves to itch and itch and itch and itch his head on my hip for 20 min, probably 'cuz the bridle bugs him ;) . He is such a sweet pea!

Here is a picture of me and Jack.

1. I don't want to be seen (you don't wanna see) :p
2. Boy oh boy, do I look like a scrub, LOL- oh well!

iceyshiver21
10-23-2002, 05:10 PM
I just got a ne wmorgan/ quarter horse! hes a great horse i love quarters i ride western, and do alot of ground work.

boscibo
10-23-2002, 06:09 PM
I have a horse, an Anglo-Arab mare named Pepper. What to know about horses: They're big, they're expensive, and they're a lot of fun. I have to board my horse because I live in town, and that's kind of a drag, but still it's worth it. The biggest cost with horses isn't the purchase price - it's the upkeep. Make sure you have a very good job, or a lot of money saved up before you buy one - they're money burners. Just when I think I'm doing good financially, the horse will do something goofy that requires an expensive vet visit. My equine vet charges $25 just to drive out to the barn - that doesn't include the exam or any medicines!

HoRsELUvR
10-27-2002, 05:56 AM
I ride horses every Saturday and i am going to start volunteering at a place for abused horses.I have lots of great horsie friends,like Zoey,Felix,Demi,Spice and a bunch of other ones.even when they feel like being annoying,I love them anyway.Horses are really good friends.

Presley
10-27-2002, 10:32 AM
We own 3 pure bred reg AQHA and one on the way.. One is a 6yo who is in foal and is a reining horses, the other two are babies...