PDA

View Full Version : Sweet, Snuggly, Alabama (8/00-7/15/10)

Cataholic
07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Our best snuggle girl went to the RB today, after gallantly fighting the good fight. Allie came to us with her brother Dakky, in November, 2000. We always called them the twins, they looked alike. As they grew older, Allie became a person's cat, not a cat's cat. Dakky became fat. She loved us, especially Jonah, very much. Her favorite place to be was in Jonah's room, his crib, his stroller, his carseat- in his lap. I know he will struggle with this as much as I.

Allie loved to snuggle, hated to be held, but would snuggle up with us to her heart's content. She slept with us last night, and I felt her inbetween us for much of it. I am glad her last night was spent with us. We will deeply miss her special ways, and she had many.

Thanks for supporting me through this. It has been a horrible past 15 days.

Johanna

Grace
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm so very sorry, Johanna. {{{for you and Johan}}}

Allie is now at peace, healthy and happy. You will see her again :love:

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss of Allie. :( She's healthy and eating now, at the Bridge. One fine day...

Karen
07-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Allie. Your impact is deep, and every kitty Jonah loves for the rest of his life will benefit from the love you taught him.

gini
07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I would like to reach out and give you a giant hug - for taking such good care of this lovely girl.

She will always be waiting for you and will never forget all that you did for her.

Much love to you, Johanna:love:

Felicia's Mom
07-15-2010, 09:28 PM
I am very sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Have fun at the Bridge Allie.

Catty1
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

You did everything you could, MORE than everything...

Be happy and healthy at the Bridge, dear Allie.:love::love::love:

Prairie Purrs
07-15-2010, 10:02 PM
I am so sorry that you lost Allie. She was fortunate to have a family that loved her deeply, and she obviously returned your love.

RIP, sweet girl.

captain
07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Johanna,
My heart broke reading this. I know I don't get to the kitty side often, but your tribe always amazed me (the names of the States, you understand :) )

Hugs to you and Jonah ....

Cinder & Smoke
07-15-2010, 10:45 PM
:(

Rest Gently in Eternal Peace, dear Allie Kat ...

You're leaving big pawprints that are going to be difficult to fill.

:love: :love: :love:

shais_mom
07-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry Jo - please don't hesitate to call or txt or email if you need anything.
Love you!

krazyaboutkatz
07-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Johanna and Jonah, I'm so sorry to hear that Allie lost her battle and is now gone.:( Now she's pain free and up at Rainbow Bridge making many new friends. She knows that she was very loved and she'll never be forgotten. RIP sweet Allie.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Barbara
07-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Johanna, I am so sorry that it had to come to this.
Believe me I know how the sorrow you expereinced in the lsat 2 weeks puts a grey veil all over life.
Sending all my best wishes to you and Jonah.
Allie is now with Tigris and Filou and all the other PT kitties. She is not alone.

katladyd
07-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Allie is no longer in pain, and she is eating all the tuna she wants!! She can't wait for you to join her, but she is having a ball in the meantime. She loves you very much and thanks you for trying so hard to help her. The bond and the love never die.:love:

Medusa
07-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Allie spent her last night snuggled in w/the persons she loved the most. Then you did the last act of kindness for her by helping her to the Bridge. There is only the good life for her from now on. RIP sweet Allie and peace to Jonah and you, Johanna. :love:

pomtzu
07-16-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry that there couldn't have been a happier outcome. As difficult as it may be, rejoice in the knowledge that Allie is now whole and happy once again, and free from pain. Picture her running thru the beautiful meadows with all her new found friends and chasing butterflies, or perhaps sunning herself in the warm sunshine.

Sending you and Jonah peaceful and healing thoughts and prayers, that you may soon remember sweet, snuggly Allie with smiles and laughter, and not the tears and sadness that you have now.

RIP Allie girl, and {{{HUGS}}} and comfort to those you had to leave behind for a little while. You will all meet again, so it's not "good-bye" - just "so long" for now. :love:

emily_the_spoiled
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I am so sorry to read about Allie. I know that both you and Jonah will miss her deeply, but she is watching over you right now and will come to snuggle with you in your dreams.

She is now happy and healthy waiting for the two of you up at the RB

smokey the elder
07-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm so sorry about Allie. She was a beloved furgirl.

Husky_mom
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM
so sorry it ended like this... but like you said she spent her last moments with the people she loved and loved her back... you did all you could and I know sheŽs grateful for that.. now sheŽll be watching over you from the RB with a kitty smile..

RIP Allie

Taz_Zoee
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
There are no words to take the pain away. I so wish there was because I'd repeat them to myself over and over.

Hugs to you and especially to Jonah. I hope he's doing okay.

RIP Allie

sasvermont
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear Allie has gone to the Bridge. You certainly gave it your all. I hope her many memories will comfort you. It was her time.

Sas

jennielynn1970
07-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Oh Johanna, I'm sorry to be reading this, but I'm glad Allie is no longer in pain. The both of you put up the good fight, but Allie was too weak to keep up.

Sleep tight, sweet Allie, and watch over your momma from the Bridge.

slick
07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
My heart aches for you Joh. Close your eyes, feel our hugs, feel our love and feel our prayers coming through.:(:(

RIP sweet Allie. You are free now and in a much better place than us here on earth.

:love::love::love:

katladyd
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Many of us here have felt your pain. We are crying with you and hoping you will be smiling soon when you think of dear Allie. It is so darn awful when they leave us, isn't it!!:( Sending you love and hugs!:love:

Killearn Kitties
07-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh no. :( I'm so sorry to hear that beautiful Allie has gone. She was far too young. My thoughts are with you and Jonah tonight.

Rest in peace sweet, snuggly Alabama.

lizbud
07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I am so very sorry that Allie is gone.:( She tried her best, and so did you
Johanna. She is at peace now, no more pain. Hugs for you & for Jonah too.
(((hugs)))

Russian Blue
07-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Tears from over here. I didn't want to see this thread. :(

Many, many hugs going out to your household. :love:

phesina
07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
My deepest sympathy, Johanna and Jonah, for your heartbreaking loss of Allie.

DriftyAlison0
07-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Sending my thoughts and prayers. Allie is thanking you for trying your hardest. And she loves you so much that she knew that it was her time to go. Plus she hated to see you worry over her. She is playing with Tigger and all of the other cats in the Rainbow Bridge waiting patently for the day that its your time to go and then you two would be reunited. But until then, she is watching over you.

Freedom
07-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sweet Allie, now you are pain free again. Watch over your family who loved you so much.

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Johanna and Jonas I'm so sorry for your loss. Allie sounded amazing. A child's best friend. That makes it even more difficult and I hope you are doing OK after such a huge loss.

Rest in peace, Allie. You were a wonderful kitty.

catmandu
07-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Johanna and Jonas I am so sorry to hear of Alabamba's passing.
Its hard to see the name of Cats who we have seen for years , and now they have passed on.
There is a Big Angels Party in Bobcaygeon this weekend and Alabamba will be the Cat Angel of Honor.
Your seperation is only temporary as sometimes our Pets have to go ahead of us to find a place where we will be together again, and to be there to greet us, with love in their hearts and souls.
One Fine Day:love:

Randi
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry you had to let Allie go. :( You did everything you could and she knew that. I'm glad she spent the last night with you.

Rest in peace, sweet Allie! :love:

(((hugs)))

Vermontcat
07-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Johanna, I am so sorry to hear that your sweet tuxedo girl Alabama has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.:(
I know you did all you could for her.
I'm sure she will meet my Samantha up at the Rainbow Bridge.
Sending hugs to you and Jonah.

Bengalz
07-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I've just read thru your thread about Alabama and feel so sad for you and Jonah. What a sweet and beautiful girl she was and such a trooper:( I am very sorry her time came so soon and know how much you will miss her.

Rest in peace Alabama and come visit your mommy every now and then - she needs you.

zippy-kat
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM
I so sorry to read this news. I know your heart must be absolutely breaking. I pray that those tears of pain quickly turn to tears of fond remembrance. Gentle hugs to you and your family.

phesina
07-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I lit a candle for sweet Alllie: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=pet%20t

DriftyAlison0
07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I lit a candle as well.

momtomany
07-19-2010, 08:23 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Allie. May Allie play happily at the bridge. Prayers for you during this most difficult time in your life. Again I am so sorry.

jenluckenbach
07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
RIP Allie. You will always be remembered.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Johanna & Jonah, I am so very sorry to hear about Allie. Each member of the tuxie crew were always favorites of mine, and I'm terribly saddened each time I hear of another one making their way to the RB.

Know that she is in a better place now. She is happy, healthy and watching down over you. :(

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 06:36 AM
I am so sorry that you lost Allie. She was fortunate to have a family that loved her deeply, and she obviously returned your love.

RIP, sweet girl.

Yes, I am sorry, too. RIP, dear sweet kitty.

Cataholic
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Every day, snuggle girl, every day. We both miss you terribly. One year has hardly dulled the pain.

phesina
07-16-2011, 10:53 AM
My very deepest sympathy to you on this sad anniversary. Alabama, so much loved and so much missed and grieved.

Allie is with you always and is waiting for you by the Bridge for that grand reunion.. One Fine Day.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 11:37 AM
It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year already. No matter how much time passes, you never stop missing them. {{{Hugs}}} to you and Jonah. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2011, 04:04 PM
It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year already. No matter how much time passes, you never stop missing them. {{{Hugs}}} to you and Jonah. :love:

I agree.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Cataholic
07-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Two years, Snuggle girl, and we still miss you tons and tons. Hope you, Tex, Georgie, Tenny and Binx are together waiting patiently.

maerlyn
07-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Johanna,I don't get here as often as I'd like, so I'm not familiar with your sad story, but I AM familiar with the pain, and I am so, so sorry you're suffering it now. Today is hard, but the days to come will be harder as the shock wears off and reality sets in. When it does, try to remember that the sadness is all yours, only yours - your beloved Allie is gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy - and she wants you to be happy for her. Cry all you need to (and you do need to), but force a smile, no matter how slight, for sweet Allie and the happiness she now knows. (The most beautiful smile is the one that must break through tears.)

May sweet Alabama's Creator hold you gently in the palm of His hand, comfort you, and help your heart to find peace. :love:

mrspunkysmom
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I missed this notice 2 years back. I am sorry to hear of Alabama's passing and your loss.

Cataholic
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Allie cat, today marks the four year anniversary of your death. I knew it when I woke up. We still miss the heck out of you, our little snuggle girl. Hope it is fun up there.

phesina
07-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Deepest sympathy to you on this sad anniversary.

May your precious memories of your dearly beloved Alabama help to bring you comfort. God bless.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
07-16-2014, 09:16 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} I bet Allie is having fun. If only our sweet departed furbabies could talk to us.

Allie waits for you at the Bridge, where you will see each other again One Fine Day. :love:

pomtzu
07-17-2014, 12:05 PM
I remember when you originally posted about your loss of Allie. Hugs to you on this sad anniversary - doesn't seem possible that it's 4 years already. We never stop missing and loving them tho - so in a way - they are still with us.

I have Myndi's 1 year on Aug 9, and Sparky's 2 year on Oct 9 - seems like they have both been gone so much longer than that tho. :( We have a chat every night at bedtime - without fail - and I see so much of both of them in Wolfy! He has kept me sane and focused - my best friend, for sure! :)

catmandu
07-22-2014, 09:40 AM
When I saw that Alabama had passed on I thought of the song Sweet Home Alabama, where the sky's always blue. Sweet Home Alabama Lord I'm coming home to you.
And although these words were not written about your Dear Cat Angel, they certainly do fit as Alabama is on her way to paradise.
She is now an officer in the Awesome Eternal Angels Companions, and will be there for you.
One Fine Day.
:love::love::love: