PDA

View Full Version : Puppy teeth

Cookiebaker
10-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Malone has lost all of his puppy teeth except for the two incisors on the top. The new ones grew in next to the old ones about a month ago, and the old ones never loosened up. I have kept an eye on them, and I finally called the vet today. She told me that this happens sometimes, and nothing to worry about! They will come out eventually. I am so glad to hear that--no vet bills this time!! :D

Fuzzy317
10-22-2002, 08:08 PM
We have saved the first baby tooth our puppy Ginger lost.

Is this kind of strange?

Cookiebaker
10-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Not at all! We have saved all of Malone's teeth that we could find (only about 5). I think he swallowed the rest. But I am going to put them in his puppy book...I have to get the book first though.

Tucker216
10-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Not even close to strange lol I have saved nearly all of Tuckers baby teeth! In fact the last one he lost he spit into my hand like he knew I was saving them in his baby book!

ok whats up with the size of my post box?
and where is my sig pic of Tucker ??

Fuzzy317
10-22-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Tucker216
Not even close to strange lol I have saved nearly all of Tuckers baby teeth! In fact the last one he lost he spit into my hand like he knew I was saving them in his baby book!

ok whats up with the size of my post box?
and where is my sig pic of Tucker ??

I think both are related: your signature is showing the url address, perhaps your signature is missing its [*img] before the address and its [*/img] after the address (minus the *).

Should be minus the *

[*img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/
p5d6dfa2d4b4e7b3c010dadff0be55d7b/fd25d48c.jpg[*/img]

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p5d6dfa2d4b4e7b3c010dadff0be55d7b/fd25d48c.jpg

bnormal
10-23-2002, 12:18 PM
it is so cool to now know that I am not the only "strange" receiver of furbearing joy!

wolf_Q
10-24-2002, 01:31 AM
Oh I was thinking about Malone the other day........Nebo had that same problem with the double teeth on top and bottom. Then he ripped out both of the top puppy teeth attacking Lady and I was wondering if Malone had lost his yet. I saved the tooth, although I'm not quite sure where i put it. A dumb question...but how do you keep the teeth from uhh....going gross? I remember I saved one of Reggie's puppy teeth in a box for a while, but then it started turning brownish and I threw it away.

I believe Nebo has now lost all of his puppy teeth.......I need to check again.....I keep forgetting to brush his teeth! D'oh!

Cookiebaker
10-24-2002, 04:08 AM
My hubby works as a service tech and he gets these teeeny tiny ziplock bags from bags of screws. They are like 1.5X2". I am hoping that they will prevent the teeth from going gross as it is airtight. If not, then probably 6 months down the road, they will go the way of Reggies tooth.

Dakota's Mommy
10-24-2002, 09:05 AM
We have saved the first baby tooth our puppy Ginger lost.

Is this kind of strange?

I'm so glad you asked this because I thought I was crazy for saving the 3 teeth that I did find of Dakota's. Actually, I think we found 4 but I couldn't see keeping more than one of her really tiny teeth. But we've got 1 of those and than 2 of the bigger back teeth! So, I do it too! Unfortunately we didn't get the chance to do it with Destiny since she had been through that stage before we got her!