PDA

View Full Version : I fear that my senior Boo is on his decline; *Update #109; 10/13

Medusa
07-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It's been 7 months since his love Pigeon made her trip to the Bridge but he still calls for her every day and night. He goes all through the house, still hoping to find her and at night, his calls echo eerily, causing me to cry and go to him to comfort him but he won't have it. He turns away from me, sometimes even runs. He's eating and drinking and using the litter box w/no problems. He's just plain heartsick. He's nearly 19 now and the sadness in his eyes is just too much sometimes. Please spare a prayer for my blackie Boo Bear.

slick
07-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh Mary, this is just so sad and so heartwrenching to see. Lots of prayers coming from me. :love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear of this. Poor Boo! Would maybe getting him a new friend help? Prayers for you both. :love:

jennielynn1970
07-14-2010, 07:13 PM
awe.... sweet Boo Bear, do not cry for Pidge, she is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge, but you need to live your life out here first. Please give it some more time before you decide to go!

Thoughts and prayers for Boo Bear.

Catty1
07-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Prayers for sweet Boo. Perhaps Pawsitive Thinking or Nancy Efrusy could have a chat with him?

HUGS, dearest Boo. :love::love::love:

phesina
07-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Prayers and loving good wishes for dear Boo. I am so sorry to hear of his continuing grief.

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

krazyaboutkatz
07-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( He and Pidge must've really had a very strong bond. I hope he'll be able to calm down soon. Do you think that maybe she's been visiting him? Please take care. (((HUGS)))

pomtzu
07-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Poor old Boo. Mary, it must be so sad for you to see him like this, and not to be able to do anything for him.

Come on Boo - try to be just a little happy, and make Mom happy. You'll be with Pidge again one day, but it's just not time yet.

Medusa
07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
He's on my lap right now as I type. He's always been a needy boy, a lap cat, but when he's looking for Pidge, he wants to be left alone. He and Pidge were inseparable. They were together most of his life; he was barely a year old when I rescued her and he's nearly 19 now. She loved him so much; if he left the room, she was right behind him. People would comment on it and say "Look at how she looks at him!". It was though they were in love. For a while I had sightings of her but I haven't seen her lately. Maybe that's why his crying has increased. Maybe he saw her, too, and wants to see her again. He's such a good boy; I want his last years to be happy ones.

Laura's Babies
07-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Awwww! Poor baby!! Makes me want to cry with him... :(

People who say they are just animals with no feelings should see that!

MoonandBean
07-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Does Boo know that Pidge had passed on? Sometimes if they get to smell them after they've passed, they can have closure like we humans need.

Anikaca77
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
My thoughts and prays are coming for Boo and for you as well.

Melissa

lvpets2002
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
:love: Prayers & Huggss being sent from Texas for wittle Boo..

catmandu
07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
My Poor Little Precious:) was the same when her Sam aka Shemp passed away.
She was so sad and would walk around with herr tiny miiiaoow looking for her love.:(:(:(
I wonder if adopting a Lady Cat might help, a friendly Lady Cat so Boo will not be lonely. Precious had Moose, Joseph or the Mighty Meezers to comfort her.:love::love::love:
It's not good being a Lone Cat.:(

Barbara
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm so very sorry. It is so hard to watch these changes which already mean that the friend we had before is no longer there.:(

catmandu
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
When I adopted Scrappy Two , Miquelito and Pouncierge it was like a charge of energy to My Older Cats , like Moose the Magnfi Cat and I think that a friendly Young Lady Cat would give Boo a New Friend, and give that Poor Cat a second chance.:love::love::love:
A nice Mature Lady Cat would give Big Boo a friend to sit with, and add a bit of a spark to the Old Fellow.:):):)
Joseph, Michael and Princess love My Kitten Trio and they often play together which I am convinced has added years to My Senior's lives!!!:cool::cool::cool:
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/th_678b1fe2.jpg (http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/?action=view&current=678b1fe2.flv)

Catty1
07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Mary - I suggest getting one of the pet psychics known to PT to have a chat with him to find out what you can do, if anything. Remember, Laura's Babies had amazing success with HER Boo!

Another idea, though chancy - finding a younger female kitty that needs a big brother...

HUGS!

Medusa
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Mary - I suggest getting one of the pet psychics known to PT to have a chat with him to find out what you can do, if anything. Remember, Laura's Babies had amazing success with HER Boo!

Another idea, though chancy - finding a younger female kitty that needs a big brother...

HUGS!

Perhaps on the first suggestion. No way to the second one. LOL Yodie is in love w/Boo, too. She was always competing for his attention w/Pidge and she still rubs up against him, etc. but he can't be bothered. He and Pidge would just sit side by side, just like an old married couple. It was so adorable. It just seems so funny to see him w/o her.

Also, given Boo's advanced age, if I did take in another cat and they became good buddies, then if Boo should go to the Bridge, then that cat would be heart broken.

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry Boo's feeling so lonely without Pidge Mary. That's one of the hardest things when a furkid mourns over losing another.:(

Sonia59
07-16-2010, 04:54 AM
So sad and heartbreaking, I am sorry :(

Considering his age (I wish dear Boo lives many more years of course :)), if you take another cat, they may not have the same bond as Boo had with his forever friend, and perhaps he would be distracted from his thoughts...I don't know.

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm so sorry about Boo, Mary. I don't have any suggestions that have not been presented. Prayers for Boo...:(

katladyd
07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Boo, your Pidge is waiting for you at the Bridge. You have not lost her forever. She wants you to enjoy your senior years with Meowmie and not miss her too much. You will be sitting next to each other forever, one fine day!:love:

Killearn Kitties
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
What a sad post. :( I'm so sorry to hear about poor Boo. That must be heartbreaking to watch.

Anikaca77
07-20-2010, 01:14 PM
How is Boo doing?

Melissa

Medusa
07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
How is Boo doing?

Melissa

Actually, he's doing a little better, Melissa. Thanx for asking. The last couple of nights have been relatively quiet. I think part of it is that he's lost some of his hearing. If I stand behind him and call him, he doesn't hear me. So it may freak him out a little when he awakes during the night and can't find me and can't hear me saying "Here I am, Boo Bear". I always have to go looking for him. That's SOP w/Creamsicle b/c she's totally deaf so I have one deaf, one whose hearing goes in and out and another who's losing his hearing. What a motley crew! LOL But, as I said, he is doing somewhat better. :)

catmandu
07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I think that Pidge Angel is coming to visit on compassionate leave soo her Boo will not be lonely:love::love::love:
Love that strong can never die:love::love::love:
Its furrever:love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Big prayers for sweet Blackie Boo!

Sonia59
07-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Gentle kisses to Boo, I hope he feels better :)

phesina
07-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh, sweet Boo! I just lit a candle for you and your beloved Meowmie: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11245913

Medusa
07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanx, everyone. He really does seem to be doing better. He's so bone thin; he can't weigh more than 6 lbs. I can see all of his bones and his eyes are rather cloudy, maybe the beginning of cataracts. But he eats well, drinks, too and uses the litter box w/no problem so I guess I should be grateful. I am grateful but it just makes my heart sore to see and hear him cry like that. He hasn't done it in a few nights, though, so maybe the worst is over. Anyhow, I thought you'd like an update. :)

Catty1
07-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Mary. I too hope that Boo is beginning to heal. Give him some cuddles for me.:love::love:

Freedom
07-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Mary, why is he so thin? It is just how he has ages, or does he have a thyroid issue? Those are common in older cats (as you probably know).

Friend of mine recently adopted a 10 y.o. dog from the shelter where she volunteers. For months, he was acting weird, spinning in circles, wandering the house and calling. The THIRD vet decided to do blood work; THYROID! Third day on the meds, he settled right down to be a lovely older pup! She's had him 4 months now, and only been able to sleep for the past week or so. Her husband was going nuts!

So perhaps, you thinking he is missing Pidge all this time is not it? Just a thought.

Medusa
07-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Mary, why is he so thin? It is just how he has ages, or does he have a thyroid issue? Those are common in older cats (as you probably know).

Friend of mine recently adopted a 10 y.o. dog from the shelter where she volunteers. For months, he was acting weird, spinning in circles, wandering the house and calling. The THIRD vet decided to do blood work; THYROID! Third day on the meds, he settled right down to be a lovely older pup! She's had him 4 months now, and only been able to sleep for the past week or so. Her husband was going nuts!

So perhaps, you thinking he is missing Pidge all this time is not it? Just a thought.

Yes, he was tested for thyroid and it wasn't too out of whack but Dr. Lee, at my request, started him on meds but they didn't agree w/him at all; he vomited daily so Dr. Lee said to stop them. He did begin to grow thin when he was in his declining years, so that's part of it.

moosmom
07-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Mary,

My senior kitty Murphy (16 years old) had thyroid problems. The Fox Clinic at the CT Humane Society took out her right thyroid module which seemed to do the trick. She is SOOO skinny though. But she's eating, drinking lots of water and using the box (I put fish oil in her wet food to help with her joints). Yesterday I caught her playing like a kitten with a milk bottle ring. There's still a "spark" behind those beautiful green eyes. I thought of bringing her to the vet for a check up, but as long as she's showing no signs of distress or decline, I'm letting her live out her life with me. I adore her. She was on death row at the CT Humane Society when I went in looking to adopt a "senior" cat for Christmas who was deemed unadoptable by the CHS. My friend Lynn Hallinger knew exactly where she belonged and I've had her for 2 years this December. She is a real joy and very vocal.

Medusa
07-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Mary,

My senior kitty Murphy (16 years old) had thyroid problems. The Fox Clinic at the CT Humane Society took out her right thyroid module which seemed to do the trick. She is SOOO skinny though. But she's eating, drinking lots of water and using the box (I put fish oil in her wet food to help with her joints). Yesterday I caught her playing like a kitten with a milk bottle ring. There's still a "spark" behind those beautiful green eyes. I thought of bringing her to the vet for a check up, but as long as she's showing no signs of distress or decline, I'm letting her live out her life with me. I adore her. She was on death row at the CT Humane Society when I went in looking to adopt a "senior" cat for Christmas who was deemed unadoptable by the CHS. My friend Lynn Hallinger knew exactly where she belonged and I've had her for 2 years this December. She is a real joy and very vocal.

Thanx for that, Donna; it's good to hear. If Boo were having physical problems, I'd take him back in for reevaluation but since he's not, I'm going to let him live out his days in peace. He has his moments when he streaks through the house like a kitten so, if he was really sick, he wouldn't do that. Dr. Lee said that there is a salve, I think, that could be put on his ear but that he hasn't had any success w/it w/his patients. The only other alternative would be to completely remove his thyroid and I'm not going to put a 19 year old cat through that. I still think that his crying is Pidge related; he just plain misses his "other half".

momcat
07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm so sad to read this, Mary. My heart is breaking for poor Boo. You're doing all you can to keep him comfortable and to let him know how very much he's loved. Many prayers are being prayed for you and sweet Boo during this difficult time.

Lots of lovies for Boo and many comforting [[[[[HUGS]]]]] for you.

Catty1
07-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Poor Boo. I guess there is no alternative medication?

Give him some lovies for me.:love::love:

I know money can bet tight, but if Nancy or Denise could have a 'talk' with Boo, he might feel better.

Randi
07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Mary, it is so difficult to see our cats grow old, losing hearing, eyesight and perhaps getting senile. It may well be that Boo misses Pigeon and of course Boo can't understand where she has gone. :( Give him as much love as you can. I'm sending lots of good thoughts to your dear Boo. :love:

Fister is also walking through the rooms at night miawing, but he will come up to me in bed and lay down beside me. I guess he is telling me that just saw a stray cat in the yard.

Pinot's Mom
07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Mary, my heart knows exactly how you're feeling; I sympathize. There's nothing else I can do at this point except to say I've been there and I'm here if you need me for anything. Give Boo a kiss for me and hugs to both of you. :love:

Maggie and Pinot-girl

moosmom
07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Hey Mary,

Have you tried mixing some KMR liquid with canned kitten food? That'll put meat on his bones. That's what I do for my 16 year old cat Murphy. She is bone thin but has an appetite like a horse. I attribute her thinness to her thyroid. Before I adopted her from the Ct Humane Society, she had her right thyroid nodule removed. She's a little spunky, even at the tender age of 16. I'll give her whatever food/KMR mix is left over from little Molly. She noshes on it throughout the day.

Medusa
07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey Mary,

Have you tried mixing some KMR liquid with canned kitten food? That'll put meat on his bones. That's what I do for my 16 year old cat Murphy. She is bone thin but has an appetite like a horse. I attribute her thinness to her thyroid. Before I adopted her from the Ct Humane Society, she had her right thyroid nodule removed. She's a little spunky, even at the tender age of 16. I'll give her whatever food/KMR mix is left over from little Molly. She noshes on it throughout the day.

No, I've not thought of that, Donna. I have an appointment w/Dr. Lee tomorrow so I'll talk to him about it.

Boo just isn't himself. He's very lethargic; he usually races up the stairs ahead of me at night and hops up into the bed but last night, he stayed downstairs and slept on the door mat. I could hardly sleep; I kept getting up and checking on him. He moved to the enclosed patio room and slept on the cat bed there but this morning he was just lying there w/his eyes open. He's still eating but I don't know if he used the litter box last night or not. He may have or it may have been Coco Puff. I think I'll put Coco Puff downstairs w/the rest of the Fur Posse tonight so I can see whether or not Boo uses the litter box. He hasn't had a problem but I just want to be safe. I'll update everyone after his appointment tomorrow morning. I have a hair appointment right after so I may not be able to update until evening. Prayers are eagerly welcomed.

Catty1
07-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Prayers for darling Boo - sweetie, none of us is Pidge, but we love you!:love::love::love:

phesina
07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Prayers for dearest, beloved Boo, and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11282744

Medusa
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Y'know, I no sooner booked the appt. than Boo jumped up behind my computer as he usually does. It's like having a toothache that quits hurting as soon as you see the dentist. I swear, they rally and knock my instincts off kilter. Puddy rallied so much that I didn't know which end is up. Right now he's lying on the back of the sofa, making a liar out of me. (not complaining; just sayin'....)

cassiesmom
07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I lit a candle for Boo just now

Medusa
07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanx, Phesina and Cassiesmom, for the candles. I've been remiss in that dept. I light candles at home every day, though, but I should try to remember to light them on the site. Boo says "Thanx!" :)

moosmom
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I've also been remiss in the candle dept. and will go there now and light a couple for Boo.

You and Boo will be in my thoughts and prayers, Mary.

:love::love:

Donna and fur crew

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Prayers on the way for you and sweet Boo from me too. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Mary,I'm sorry to hear that Boo isn't himself.:( I hope that everything will go well at Boo's appointment tomorrow and I hope it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Medusa
07-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Boo slept w/me for a good part of the night so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Maybe he was just going through a bad spell; I'm hoping. Well, we'll see what Dr. Lee has to say. Boo was due for blood work anyhow. I'll keep you posted. :)

Medusa
07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, Boo Bear is doing a little better today. He weighs more than I thought at 7 1/2 lbs. He just looks so thin and boney. Dr. Lee told me to put him back on his thyroid meds and hopefully he'll be able to keep them down this time. I gave him one as soon as we got home and so far so good. His heart rate was 220 which alarmed Dr. Lee. He said that we had to get that heart rate down b/c it could easily cause him to throw a blood clot. The meds should take care of that. His temp was also low and the meds should help that as well. I think he had problems before b/c he has a problematic gag reflex so when I give him the pill I also give him some Cat Lax and that seemed to have helped. He should have blood work done in a month and we'll check his temp and heart rate, of course. Dr. Lee thought that his blood pressure would be high but it wasn't, so that's good news. So all in all, a pretty good report. :)

lvpets2002
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
:love: Well that is Great News for Boo Bear.. Boo Bear lets get well real soon ok.. I am sure the meds will work great.. Sending Prayers & Huggss..

pomtzu
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Mary, I'm sorry that I hadn't seen your latest reports on Boo, but I'm glad to read that he's doing a little better now. It's hard, isn't it, when they get old and start to slip away. You know it's not yet time to go, but they just aren't themselves anymore. It's like one day they're here, and the next day they're not - and back and forth. :( Makes one wonder what they are really thinking and feeling. If only they could talk.
Prayers going out to you and Boo, and all the rest of the Fur Posse too. :love:

jennielynn1970
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for Boo! Hope his heart rate slows and that he keeps those pills down. Poor little guy!

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2010, 12:17 AM
I sure hope that the medicine will help him and that he'll be with you for many more years to come. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Boo's way.

Medusa
07-29-2010, 06:59 AM
So far so good. He kept the meds down and he slept w/me for part of the night. He hopped on my lap this morning and he's here right now so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Thanx for the prayers and good wishes, friends. :love:

Pinot's Mom
07-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Good going, Boo! {{{hugs}}} to you and your Mom! :love:

Catty1
07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Yay...hope he continues to feel better and better!:):love:

Medusa
07-29-2010, 11:07 AM
One thing that I forgot to mention is that Dr. Lee said Boo was dehydrated and that I should start once weekly subQ's. I hate to stick a needle into that boney body, especially knowing how he hates to be fussed with. I'll give it a whirl but if it's too much hassle, I don't want to stress him and I'll not continue w/them. Dr. Lee didn't say it was an absolute must.

katladyd
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Just do what you think is best for Boo. That has always served him well in the past. I hate giving any meds and treatments to my cats unless it is absolutely necessary. You are the best person to make that judgment call when it comes to fluids.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear Boo is feeling somewhat better.
If you put an ice cube in his water would that make him drink more? It seems to for my cats. Maybe they just are drinking more to try and get the ice but it seems to help them.

Prayers continuing for you both. :love::love:

momcat
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi Medusa, How is sweet Boo doing? You both have been in my thoughts and remain very much in my prayers. If Boo is up to it, would you give him some gentle lovies from me? :love:

Medusa
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi Medusa, How is sweet Boo doing? You both have been in my thoughts and remain very much in my prayers. If Boo is up to it, would you give him some gentle lovies from me? :love:

My boy Boo is doing pretty darned good! The thyroid meds seem to be working and he's been keeping them down w/no problem. He's only had one episode of crying for Pidge so maybe the crying had more to do w/his not feeling well than w/missing Pidge. If he gets up on his hind legs and looks around, then I'll know for sure that it's about Pidge. Anyhow, he's doing great and I'll be happy to deliver those gentle lovies from you, Momcat. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-03-2010, 12:03 AM
That is such good news. Prayers will continue for you both ! :love:

Keep feeling better sweet Boo!!! :love::love:

cassiesmom
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
My boy Boo is doing pretty darned good! The thyroid meds seem to be working and he's been keeping them down w/no problem. He's only had one episode of crying for Pidge so maybe the crying had more to do w/his not feeling well than w/missing Pidge. If he gets up on his hind legs and looks around, then I'll know for sure that it's about Pidge. Anyhow, he's doing great and I'll be happy to deliver those gentle lovies from you, Momcat. :love:

Yay, Boo, I am glad to hear you are doing better. Please have your meowmie give you MORE gentle lovies for me! :love:

phesina
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Such good news, Mary.. Thank you!

More lovies to Boo from all of us, please!

Medusa
08-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Boo went in for his blood work yesterday and Dr. Lee just now called me w/the results. Long story short, he's doing really well. :) He did say, however, that Boo's creatinine is beginning to creep up and we all know what that means: his kidneys will eventually get worse. But for now he's doing ok, no need to give subQ's, which was a relief to me. He's still so thin that I shudder at the thought of sticking a needle in him but if/when the time comes, I'll do it, no worries. Dr. Lee said that Boo is doing so well on his thyroid meds that his thyroid test came back normal. So, once again, good vet care and PT prayers have saved the day and have given me more precious time w/my 19 year old blackie. Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes, friends. :) Oh, btw, the crying for Pidgie has finally ended. :love:

Randi
08-31-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm sending lots of good thoughts for Boo! I'm glad to hear his thyorid medicine works so well. :) Spoil him rotten and give him some more kisses from me, please. :love:

Laura's Babies
08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Great news! Prayers do work wonders! Take care of Boo and spoil him rotten..:D

Pinot's Mom
08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Good job, Boo! :)

jennielynn1970
08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Good news!! I'm glad that Boo is doing well, and that he is no longer crying for Pidgie.

Lovies and scritchies for Boo (and the rest of the gang too!)!

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
This is great news.:D I hope he'll continue to do well.

phesina
08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
That's great! You're doing well, Boo and Mary both of you!

Taz_Zoee
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Aww, I'm so glad to hear the good update for Boo. And that he has stopped crying for Pidge.
It's wonderful that you will have him around for years to come. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-31-2010, 06:35 PM
way to go Boo! Please have your mommy give you a bunch of kisses from me too, ok? :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Lovies and scritchies for Boo and the rest of the Fur Posse! :love:

Medusa
09-02-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't know, I'm getting a tad nervous. He's been sticking to me like glue the last couple of days. He's on my lap right now, which is the norm, but he's been sleeping on top of me, which isn't the norm. This morning he laid on my chest until I couldn't breathe so I got up. I have a road trip to IN in a couple of weeks and I missed the last couple of years b/c Puddy was too sick to leave her and then Pidge was too sick. I organized this trip so I sure don't want to cancel. He isn't sick but the fact that he's staying so close to me makes me wonder.

cassiesmom
09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
prayers and positive thoughts for Boo !

catmandu
09-04-2010, 03:08 PM
My Big Mr Purr is more or less in the same way , Mary.
His kidneys are weak, and it may be a matter of time before he needs IV Fluids.
Michael is on Rantidine , Feline Omega 3 Fish Oil and Sulcrate Plus Suspension every twelve hours.
What bothers me is that mMchael spends 90 % of his time in a small are in an old recycled stereo stand , and sleeps all the time.
He no longer comes up the stairs to see me , and when I carry him up and put him on the bed, he more or less falls on the pillow steps I have made for him and slwoly goes back to his hide out.
I am concerned as Miquelito and pouncierge are a bit rough , Miquelito head butts Michael the way he always has , but Michael is too old for that sort of play.
He is off his G/D food half the time and wants his Fancy Feast and White Grilled Chicken.
Its a dilemma , do I feed Michael what he wants, as he is 19, or do I try to feed him the recommended food that he doesn't care for.
Poor Old Michael and Boo, it's not easy getting old , is it.
We are sending Our Prayers and best wishes for Boo, Mary and that he is still enjoying his life. That is what I am praying for Michael too, that he is enjoying his golden years.

catmandu
09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Michael has been a lot better this week, he loves his White Meat Chicken Tuesday and Friday , and was sleeping on my bed last night!!
HOORAY!!!
Like his Fellow Senior Kittyzen Boo, there is still life in My Owesome Orangie.
THREE CHEERS FOR BOO AND MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katladyd
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Hooray for Michael! You keep improving Mr. Purr! That would make all of us on this site very happy! Sending you lots of love.:love:

Medusa
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Thank you, Gary. I'm so glad that Michael has improved. I do wish you many more happy years together. Boo is doing better, too. I guess he was just going through a bad spell for a few days. I'm due to leave on my road trip next Friday and I was pretty leery about leaving him but he's doing so well now that I feel ok about it. My new catsitter is really great; she's a registered vet tech and so she won't panic if he does get sick. She'll know what to do and can handle it. Plus she'll be able to contact me via my cell phone. I was worried about not being able to use my cell phone while in England b/c I don't have international calling but he was fine. This time I'll be gone only 4 days so I think I can breathe easily. Again, good news about Michael, Gary. Looks like our senior kitties still have a lot of living to do yet. :D

Medusa
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
I hope Boo is just having one of his bad spells again. He's hanging his head like a horse as he did before. He doesn't appear to be dehydrated but Dr. Lee said that he may need fluids so I guess I'll be brave and do it. You'd think I'm the one who is going to be stuck w/a needle but Boo is so thin that it breaks my heart to have to do it. I'm going to adjust his thyroid meds, too, b/c he hung his head when he was on them before. In the meantime, spare a prayer for my Boo Bear, please? :(

Taz_Zoee
09-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I know it's not fun giving fluids. But we do what we have to for our babies. I never thought I'd be able to do it with Taz (he was also super skinny), but I did it. And you can too!
I hope Boo is feeling better soon. It's so stressful when they are sick. :(

Hugs to you and Boo!

Medusa
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
I know it's not fun giving fluids. But we do what we have to for our babies. I never thought I'd be able to do it with Taz (he was also super skinny), but I did it. And you can too!
I hope Boo is feeling better soon. It's so stressful when they are sick. :(

Hugs to you and Boo!

Oh I know I can do it; I did it for nearly 6 years, believe it or not, w/Puddy and then w/Pidge. It's just that he's so bone thin that I hate the thought of sticking him. Thanx for the good thought, Cindy. :)

Catty1
09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Prayers for dear Boo. I hope the fluids and med change help him. :love::love::love:

Reachoutrescue
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Lots of prayers being said for Boo Bear over hear. I really hope the fluids and adjusting his meds works. Hugs to you and gentle chin scratchies for Boo.

phesina
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Many prayers for good health and comfort for dear Boo Bear and for you too, Mary.

ChrisH
09-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Prayers & positive thoughts on the way for your dear Boo, for you too.

katladyd
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Sending up prayers and good thoughts for Boo!:love:

jennielynn1970
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Good thoughts and prayers going out to you from me and my gang. I hope Boo does better!

Medusa
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, I just gave him his first subQ and he was as good as gold. Until the needle leaked. He's so bone thin that I pushed the needle in too far and it came out through the skin and I didn't know it at first. Poor boy sat there so calmly but he didn't like getting wet. God, you'd think this was my first attempt at subQ's. It's been nearly a year since I gave Pidge one so clearly I'm rusty at it and it's Boo who had to pay the price. I only got about 50 cc. into him when he started to cry and fuss, so I stopped. He's only supposed to get a treatment once a week but since I didn't get the full 150 cc. into him, I should probably try again tomorrow. I thought he'd avoid me but he's on my lap right now. I hope he perks up a little. Please continue prayers and good thoughts for my boy. :(

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that he's having a tough time again.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Medusa
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Poor Boo has a URI. I was up all night w/him last night w/his rapid fire sneezing, so fast, in fact, that his legs would buckle. His eyes and nose are runny and he's a sick little guy. I think he might have a UTI, too. I found puddles on the stairs leading to the basement where the litter boxes are. Dr. Lee isn't in today so I'll have to see one of the other vets. Prayers appreciated, please.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Awe... poor Boo!! Maybe the puddles were from such hard sneezes it caused hm to loose control of his muscles for his bladder??

Good thoughts and wishes going out for you and Boo.

Pinot's Mom
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh, I am sorry to hear this, poor Boo. :( Prayers....:love:

phesina
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Prayers for Boo and for you too, Mary. Hope that the vet will be able to fix this without too much trouble.

katladyd
10-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I sending up prayers for your precious Boo.:love:

catmandu
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Our Senior Awesome Senior Kittyzen Angels are coming to be with Big Boo.
Smokey 24 , Princess 21, Joseph 18 and Moose 17 will be there to help Big Boo feel better and they will bring tidbits from the Great Steak Sandwhich and Sweet Potato Fries we had today.
We had some Fantastic Minestrone Soup and some Spumoni Ice Cream too, that might be easier for Boo to eat.
It is so sad when Our Awesome Pet Companions get old.

Medusa
10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I was right: poor Boo has both a URI and a UTI. There was blood in his urine by the time we arrived for his appt. He sneezed up a storm while there, so Dr. Lash gave him a shot of Convenia. Hopefully, he'll start to feel better really soon. Neither of us got much sleep last night and when Boo did sleep, it was on my chest. He only weighs 7 1/2 lbs. but when it's on my chest, it feels like a ton. He's on my lap right now, his usual spot, so I think he needs a little more TLC. We'll snuggle in tonight, watch some TV and I bought him a new heating pad so his old joints won't be as creaky. So thanx so much for the prayers, friends. My Boo Bear appreciates it and so do I. :love:

Catlady711
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Thoughts are with you Boo to feel better very soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Ah, poor Boo! Lots of prayers on the way from me for you both. :love::love:

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Awww, I hope the meds help and Boo is feeling better soon.

Catty1
10-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I hope Boo feels better soon. Poor old guy! Kisses and cuddles to Boo!:love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Prayers that your Boo feels better soon.

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick.:( I hope he'll feel better soon and recover quickly. I also hope that his URI won't spread to any of your other cats.

Medusa
10-09-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick.:( I hope he'll feel better soon and recover quickly. I also hope that his URI won't spread to any of your other cats.

I was concerned about that, too, but Dr. Lash feels that this could be an allergy or a reaction to turning the furnace on. She sees a lot of that at this time of year. I'm hoping.

Boo had a pretty good night last night. He hardly sneezed at all and no more going to the litter box every ten minutes, then to the water fountain. He slept most of the time. That Convenia is working fast! I hope that his day is just as good. The ol' guy deserves it. Plus I'll be in Columbus all day and wouldn't have left if he hadn't improved but I feel ok about leaving now that I see he's feeling so much better.

Laura's Babies
10-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Poor Boo and his Mom! It is so streeful on US when one of our babies are so sick because we love them so much. I hope he improves more every day and gets over all this.. Prayers for him are on their way.

Medusa
10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Boo has been leaking urine. He apparently can't always make it to the litter box. So I took him this morning and, thankfully, Dr. Lee was in. He gave me Orbax for him b/c he said that Convenia works great on URI's but not always well enough w/UTI's.

I also had to take Creamsicle in b/c her scabs are back. Dr. Lee told me that if I was only giving her one tablet of Medrol a week that I could stop it altogether and see how she does. Well, I saw. It was a matter of two weeks and the frantic grooming clued me in. Her back had a spot that was scabby and if I gave a gentle tug on her fur, it came out in clumps. So she got a depo shot this morning before the scabs took over.

Cgirl has definitely taken up the mantel from Puddy. I had to literally dump her out of the carrier. She hissed, growled and spit like a Tasmanian devil. She would've made Puddy proud. LOL Plus she yowled the entire drive there and back. She's such a sweet little thing until she gets put into a carrier. Then look out!

Been a great week. :( Ah well, hopefully this will be the last of it for a while. As long as all in my Fur Posse are doing ok, I'm happy.

lvpets2002
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
:love: Well that is Great News that both babies are doing good & have that Catatude to them..:) Huggss & Prayers.. Babies keep doing good ok..

Anikaca77
10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll continue to keep Boo and the rest of your crew and you as well in my thoughts.

Melissa

cassiesmom
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
thoughts and prayers for you, Boo and Cgirl :love:

moosmom
10-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey Mary,

My RB Mollie Rose was on Orbax and Interferon and it got rid of her projectile sneezing. It worked really well. Interferon is a drug that is taken by AIDs patients.

Medusa
10-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Boo is doing so much better now. No more sneezing and no more urine leakage. He even became curious and was walking around the house last night, looking out windows, etc. He hadn't done that in days b/c he was so sick. I can tell that he isn't up to snuff yet but there's a big improvement so I'm happy. :D

Pinot's Mom
10-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Good job, Boo! Keep it up! :love: Hugs from Ellicott City!

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing much better. Hopefully he'll continue to do well from now on.:)

katladyd
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Just keep getting better, Boo. Kisses and love from me and the boys.:love:

phesina
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Such good news about Boo! You go, beloved boy!

gini
10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Mary, you are overdue for good news on Boo - and I am glad to read it!

I will keep him in my prayers though that the good news continues.

Medusa
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Boo had a rough night last night, back and forth to the litter box. He started leaking urine again so I called Dr. Lee and he said to bring him right in. Boo was blocked so Dr. Lee sedated him and inserted the catheter and he said that there was tissue in Boo's urine. Dr. Lee did an ultrasound and found a tumor on the bladder; it's so big that Boo has many more days like today in store for him. He's always been so healthy and he's the epitome of the laid back cat so at his advanced age of 19, I don't want to put him through that. Tomorrow at 11:20 AM I'll be helping him to the Bridge. Now to tell my son. Boo is his heart kitty. This one's gonna hurt a lot.

Trinityagain
10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your son...and sending a gently hug to Boo aswell....

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I know it's a difficult decision but you're making the right one. Soon he'll be pain free and at peace. I hope his journey to the Bridge will be a peaceful one. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Grace
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm so very sorry. Prayers sent for all of you.

Prairie Purrs
10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry. You've given Boo a long and wonderful life, and you're doing the right thing for him. My thoughts are with you, your son, and darling Boo boy.

cassiesmom
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Big prayers for Boo and MEdusa.

(((HUGS)))),
elyse

katladyd
10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
You're doing the right thing. My thoughts are with both you and Boo.:love::(

jennielynn1970
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and with Boo Bear.

HUGS

phesina
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Boo had a rough night last night, back and forth to the litter box. He started leaking urine again so I called Dr. Lee and he said to bring him right in. Boo was blocked so Dr. Lee sedated him and inserted the catheter and he said that there was tissue in Boo's urine. Dr. Lee did an ultrasound and found a tumor on the bladder; it's so big that Boo has many more days like today in store for him. He's always been so healthy and he's the epitome of the laid back cat so at his advanced age of 19, I don't want to put him through that. Tomorrow at 11:20 AM I'll be helping him to the Bridge. Now to tell my son. Boo is his heart kitty. This one's gonna hurt a lot.

Oh, Mary, I am so very sorry to read this. Much love and sympathy to you and Boo and your son.

May you travel easily to the Bridge, dear kitty, and be greeted by so many friends where you will await your Meowmie to join you One Fine Day and your Heart Brother another Fine Day.

Medusa
10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Now I'm having second thoughts. I just called to see how Boo is doing and if he's comfortable. Dr. Feeman took my call and said that Boo ate a good meal and that he's very active. They put an e-collar on him so that he wouldn't pull at the catheter. I just really don't know what to do now. I thought my mind was made up but when I got this report from Dr. Feeman, my stomach lurched. I don't want to do the wrong thing. I want to give him every chance. I have to talk to Dr. Lee tomorrow to be sure that I heard him right b/c I think he said that Boo might not block for another 6 months or he could block by tomorrow night. I don't want to keep putting him through this and I'll be gone for 8 days to visit my son for Thanksgiving. I would feel awful if anything happened to Boo while I was gone. My cat sitter is a registered vet tech and she'd know what to do and she'd get Boo in to Dr. Lee but I wouldn't be there. I'm a mess now.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Prayers still on the way for you both. I know this is not easy for you. :love:

Catty1
10-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Just some thoughts...

Is it at all possible to board Boo at Dr Lee's while you are away?

Would a low dose of pred be ok for Boo? It might shrink the tumour a bit to help prevent blocking.

These are just off the top of my head, things that Dr Lee can answer.

HUGS and PRAYERS.:love::love:

Medusa
10-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Just some thoughts...

Is it at all possible to board Boo at Dr Lee's while you are away?

Would a low dose of pred be ok for Boo? It might shrink the tumour a bit to help prevent blocking.

These are just off the top of my head, things that Dr Lee can answer.

HUGS and PRAYERS.:love::love:

Dr. Lee said that the tumor is wrapping around the urethra and he said that at Boo's age, he's not confident that he'd be able to take the anesthesia. Well, Pidge was able to but she was a big girl, not at all underweight. Boo is skin and bones. He also said that he wouldn't be able to remove all of the tumor.

I'm going to talk to him tomorrow and ask that he tell me everything that he told me today. When he called me, I was still in my car and when I saw who the call was from, I knew it wasn't good b/c I was supposed to call at 4:00 today to see how Boo was doing. Plus it was Dr. Lee himself and not one of the staff. I'm exhausted from going over and over it in my head. It was only a matter of days that he was off the antibiotic that he blocked so I'm afraid it will happen again quickly.

But thank you, Candace. I thought about Pred myself and now that you've reminded me, I'll be sure to ask him. I'm writing everything down so that I don't forget.

Medusa
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Funny but when I bought my ticket to L.A., I bought cancellation insurance for the first time. I guess my instincts were kicking in. I told my son that Boo was doing ok but if he were to get sick again, I'd have to cancel b/c he deserves to have me there w/him and he said that he understood.

Catty1
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Gosh, surgery would be risky for poor Boo! But - if the alternative is sending him to the Bridge, if he went during the surgery, it would be sort of the same? But talk to Dr Lee - this is so hard for you. How do you give Boo every last chance without doing too much?

Hugs, again. :love::love::love:

Medusa
10-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm back. And so is Boo. Dr. Lee talked w/me a long time. I asked him to go over everything w/me again, which he did. Then I said "I'm going to ask you the question that you hate" and he said "You want to know what I would do if it were my cat" and I said "Yes". He said "I'd remove the catheter, take him home and see how he does. If he blocks again right away, then you'll know what to do. But Boo is a strong cat. His creatinine is only at 2.5 and I thought it would be at 9 or higher and all of his levels are low".

The tumor is a transitional cell carcinoma, which is a slow growing tumor. He'll stay on Metacam for pain and also it helps w/inflammation so the tumor should grow even more slowly. He gave me Buprinex which is a stronger pain killer to give him today and tomorrow. He said to just keep an eye on him but he said "You're so quick at picking up on things that I know you'll see
any changes that might occur". I asked about putting him on Pred and he said that it wasn't the drug of choice for this kind of tumor, that Metacam works better. Given all the news about Metacam lately, I still decided to go w/that b/c of Boo's age and also b/c he isn't in CRF. I felt good when I left Dr. Lee. I know that I'm postponing the inevitable but I'm not doing it for me but for Boo. Dr. Lee said "Mary, I told you in the beginning that I'm for giving them every chance and I think you're doing the right thing". Boo isn't in any serious pain, he may continue to leak urine a little but as Dr. Lee said "So what" and I agree. I have hardwood floors and tile; no biggie there. If I thought Boo was miserable or in any pain, I wouldn't have brought him home but I feel that I owe him this chance and I'm happy w/my decision.

Specs ran right up to Boo and started licking his face and when Boo walked away, Specs cried. It was really very sweet. Yodie ran up and down the stairs several times so she's definitely happy. She didn't do that while Boo was gone. Creamsicle gave him kisses, too. The only one that's reserved is Coco Puff; he didn't kiss Boo but he did run up to him right away. So. I still have my Halloween cat. (Big Smile) :D

Thanx for all the prayers and good wishes. I know it helped. Best part is that I'll have Boo to snuggle under my chin tonight and I'll sleep like a top to make up for no sleep last night.

lvpets2002
10-29-2010, 12:14 PM
:love: Woo Hoo that is the Best of News.. Hurray Boo is home & doing better.. Come Boo we know your a fighter.. Hope you keep doing good Boo.. Sending Lots More Huggss & Prayers..

phesina
10-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh, that's good news, Mary! You and Boo will sleep peacefully and happily tonight.

katladyd
10-29-2010, 12:21 PM
May Boo be pain free and not have another blockage for a long, long, time!:love::love:

Prairie Purrs
10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Boo is one tough fella, that's for sure! :love: I'm so happy that he's home.

Trinityagain
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
yeah! happy thoughts coming to you both and blockage free thoughts as well....welcome home Boo!

Freedom
10-29-2010, 07:15 PM
**clapping** As long as Boo is comfortable, he should be home with you -- under your chin, lol!

Catlady711
10-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I know how you feel about your delima, I was kinda in the same boat with Dusty. The day I had scheduled her for possibly being PTS was the day she stopped really eating, then I knew I'd made the right decision but constantly questioned myself, and debated on cancelling the appointment several times. I even sat and had a conversation with Dusty the week before asking her to let me know when she was ready to go.

We've all been there and know what you're feeling and how heartbreaking this is for you. I know you'll do what's best for Boo. You do pay attention and go above and beyond for your pets. Thoughts are with you.

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm glad to hear that it's not Boo's time just yet.:) I hope he'll be able to comfortable for however long you have with him. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are on the way.

Medusa
10-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Boo had a good night; no going back and forth to the litter box all night. He woke me up this morning w/a really loud meow in my face. I haven't heard his voice that strong in a long time; he's been so weak. He vomited just a little this morning and I'm wondering if it might be from the Buprinex. I recall how it made Puddy loopy but she didn't vomit. I'll keep an eye on him all day b/c I'll be getting the house ready for a gathering this evening.

Medusa
10-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I just had to post this. This morning Boo hopped up into the linen closet and curled up on the bath towels like he used to. His sister RB Peeka would sleep there nearly every night and after she went to the Bridge he started sleeping there; it was probably comforting to him. And he actually sprinted up the stairs this morning. His meow is nice and strong, too. I've got my old Boo Bear back! :D

zippy-kat
10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I just had to post this. This morning Boo hopped up into the linen closet and curled up on the bath towels like he used to. His sister RB Peeka would sleep there nearly every night and after she went to the Bridge he started sleeping there; it was probably comforting to him. And he actually sprinted up the stairs this morning. His meow is nice and strong, too. I've got my old Boo Bear back! :D

I woke up thinking about Boo. I'm glad to hear a positive update!:love:

Catty1
10-30-2010, 12:08 PM
YAAY! You may have to ask Dr Lee to do a cartwheel for Boo also! I hope he is happy and healthy for a long time yet!:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
10-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I am so happy for you and Boo

jennielynn1970
10-30-2010, 04:19 PM
glad to hear Boo is on the mend!! Yay!!!

More hugs going out to you, Mary, and loves and scritchies to Boo.

katladyd
10-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Hooray for Boo! Keep it up Sweetie!:love::D

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Mary, this is wonderful news!!!:D I hope he'll continue to do this well for a long time to come.:)

Medusa
10-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Boo had a rough night again. He was doing ok until I gave him the Buprinex before bed, at least I think that's what caused his vomiting. I didn't get into bed until 3:00 AM and at 4:00 he started vomiting. I watched him in the litter box this morning and only a tiny bit of urine came out. I hope that the tumor isn't blocking him again already. He barely had time to recover from the last few days. He didn't eat any breakfast this morning so I haven't had the heart to give him his other meds yet. I'm going to stop the Buprinex and give him Metacam instead but he still needs his thyroid med and the antibiotic b/c Dr. Lee said that some cats get a UTI after catheterization. I feel so bad now. I hope he can snap out of this. Please say a prayer for my handsome boy. :(

mrspunkysmom
10-31-2010, 09:12 AM
You have my prayers.

phesina
10-31-2010, 09:40 AM
More prayers for beloved Boo.

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( When I was giving my RB Sunny Buprinex, I noticed that it would make him very lethargic and he wouldn't want to eat so I didn't want to give it to him unless he really needed it. Towards the end he would also throw up after eating.:( It's just so sad to watch. I hope Boo will make another turn around for the better very soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Medusa
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
He hasn't eaten a bite all day and he's lying in the same spot on my bed as he was this morning. He's gotten no meds whatsoever b/c I think he'll just throw them up anyhow. I wish he would show some sign of improvement. Even at his sickest, he'd make an attempt to jump up on my lap while I'm at the computer but he hasn't moved at all.

Catty1
10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Mary, I hope this is just a bump as his tummy is not used to the meds...prayers and good thoughts that Boo perks up soon. {{{hugs}}}

Medusa
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Thought I'd post these of Boo snuggling up to Specs and Creamsicle in the foreground.

Boo is much worse. He hasn't eaten all day; I can't tempt him w/anything. He's peeing but just dribbles. He hasn't left my bed all day. I left a message for Dr. Lee that I'm taking him in tomorrow morning. I don't know what the outcome will be but this boy is sick and I have to put an end to it one way or the other. My heart is breaking.

mrspunkysmom
10-31-2010, 07:56 PM
You have my prayers and Boo and you are in my thoughts.

Catty1
10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Hugs and prayers going out Mary.

Dear little Boo...that is so sweet with Specs cuddling him. :love:

phesina
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm so sorry.

Hugs and prayers for Boo and you both.

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that he's not improving.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
More later.....

gini
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Mary, God love you................I know that there are no words that are just right to make you feel better..but what you have accomplished is full of love for Boo and he is at peace and comfortable now.

Kirsten
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now! :( (((HUGS))) Keeping you and precious Boo in my thoughts...

I was thinking... maybe he's happy now to be with his beloved Pidgie again. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
LES {{{hugs}}}

pomtzu
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Mary - I'm so sorry. I had a bad feeling about this all morning - I so wish that I had been wrong - but Boo is now with his sibs of The Fur Posse that have gone on before. I'm certain that it will be a joyful reunion for all of them.

RIP dear Boo. :love:

Email me when you feel up to it - okay Frenchie?
{{{hugs}}} - GG

Randi
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Mary, I'm so sorry! :( You have done everything you could. Boo is now with Peeka, Pidgie and Puddy - and free of pain. Try to picture them together.

((((hugs))))

Catlady711
11-01-2010, 11:40 AM
So sad to hear that.:( My thoughts are with you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Mary, I'm so sorry.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Purr-tender
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh Mary, I am so very sorry! We all know your pain and deep sorrow! (((HUGS)))

Prairie Purrs
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm so sorry. I know you'll miss your Boo bear terribly. You both fought as hard as you could.

jennielynn1970
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
So sorry to be reading this.

Warm thoughts and hugs going out to you. Love Jenn

katladyd
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I am so saddened to read this, but I do know that Boo is with his Pidge again and very happy. He never did get over her passing and now they are reunited and just waiting for everyone to join them. What a happy reunion that will be! Hang in there Mary, we are sending prayers your way.:love:

cassiesmom
11-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I was hoping to not read this news. I am so sorry, MEdusa. (((HUGS))) for you.

phesina
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I am so very sorry, Mary.

momcat
11-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that your sweet Boo is at the RB. Please take comfort in knowing that Boo knew nothing but lots of love and enjoyed a wonderful life filled with all the things a kitty like Boo deserves.

RIP sweet Boo, play hard at the Bridge :love:

[[[[[HUGS]]]]]

anna_66
11-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss of Boo.