PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

NicoleLJ
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
So excited. Yesterday I went onto Kijiji and a very nice retired couple are selling everything to move. So they had a stair stepper and an exercise bike up for only 25 a piece. We picked up both. The stepper is in the storage unit till after the move but the bike is here and I have already start an exercise program with it. every 3 hours I spend 15 minutes on it. Doesn't sound like a whole lot but my fiance who used to race has me doing it with 5 minutes medium tension, 2min no tension, 5:30 medium tension, 2 minutes no tension, 30 seconds hard pedalling and then 30 seconds light pedaling for cool down. Sounds like only a little but for me I am pretty tired at the end. I don't want to overwhelm myself at the beginning. So today I have already done 2 sesions and will be doing 3 more before bed. I would like to do at the very least 5 sessions a day. When I can use the stepper I will want to do 6 exercise sessions. 3 with the bike and 3 with the stepper. I think it is a good program to start losing weight.

Catty1
07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Good for you!:)

I just started a Learn to Run clinic on Saturday. It's kinda the same - you don't start out by overdoing.

I am not getting younger and want to get a jump on the aches and pains!

When's the move?

NicoleLJ
07-13-2010, 06:28 PM
end of the month.

Marigold2
07-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Exercise is always good. It is hard to start at first but once you get going and start losing the weight you will feel so pride.
Best of luck to you.