PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please for my friend in MI who had a house fire...

moosmom
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
I got a call from my friend Kathy from Michigan. She lives 3 houses down from my other friend and her family. She was just bringing her mom home from the doctor when she noticed smoke coming from the kitchen and the chimney of the house 3 hourses down. She called me to ask me if I had any phone numbers. I never dialed so many numbers in such a short time in my life. By the time everyone was notified, the fire department had it under control.

Turns out it was an electrical fire. Their dog had to be revived (she was) and she is now at the vets. The first floor of the house was basically gutted.

Please keep them in your thoughts.

Thank you.

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh my. Thank goodness everyone (dog included) is okay. That is so scary. I always think about what I would do if there was a fire in my house. How would I get all the animals out safely? And my worse fear is a fire happening when I'm not home to get them out.

Again, so glad everyone is okay.

Karen
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Prayers for them. And prayers of thanksgiving that they and their doggie are okay.

ramanth
07-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Many prayers for them!! So glad their dog was saved. :love:

moosmom
07-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Finnegan was very lucky. Another few minutes and according to the vet, he would've been dead.

The downstairs sustained most of the damage. They were doing renovations to the kitchen and my friend's husband decided to install the new microwave himself, in an effort to save money. Only problem is, he did the wiring improperly. They had their house insured. But not the contents. Which means they have no $$$ to buy new.

I'm just glad everyone is okay. They're thinking about just walking away from it, because they have two loans against the mortgage, which means even if they sold it, they'd still owe the bank.

This economy really sucks.