PDA

View Full Version : Great Ziggy Update!!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi everyone.:) As most of you know my Ziggy Stardust has been on a diet. When she was at the vet for her annual exam on June 13th, she weighed a whopping 15.9lbs.:eek: My vet told me that she needs to lose at least 2 lbs and to feed her 1/4 of a cup of dry and 1/2 of a can of canned food per day. She also wanted her to go back for a weight check in 1 month.

Today I brought her in for a weight check and she's now down to 14.6lbs.:D I'm so happy that this diet is working. A vet tech weighed her and she later ran into my vet to tell her about Ziggy's weight loss and to make sure that she wasn't losing too much too soon. When I got home I had a message on my anwering machine from the vet tech saying that my vet said that everything is fine and to keep up the good work.:)

I used to feed everyone Innova Evo but I've now switched to Nature's Variety Instinct because it has fewer calories and because I don't trust Proctor and Gamble. P & G has now taken over all of the Natura Pet Products which include Innova and Innova Evo. I feed my cats 4 small meals a day. They get 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I buy the rabbit and duck dry and the venison,duck,rabbit, and lamb in the canned. Everyone loves it.:)

Pearl is still mainly on a dry food diet because she's a very picky eater and will usually refuse canned food. I have noticed that since the other 3 cats are eating mainly canned food, that there's less stool waste in the litter boxes and it's a lot less stinky too.:) I've heard that cats digest canned food much more easily than dry food so there's less waste. Hopefully Ziggy will be able to lose the rest of the weight that is needed. Thanks for reading.:)

lvpets2002
07-13-2010, 08:57 AM
:love: Well that is Great Ziggy.. Many Congrats on getting your figure back.. My Sunny will be flirting with you.. :love:

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Woo Hoo! This is great news. Hey Ziggy, can you help me lose some weight? ;) Keep up the good work!! :D :D

Laura's Babies
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Goodness, that is a great weight loss for that short a time and you found a diet that WORKS! GREAT!

pomtzu
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Now Ziggy - don't you go losing too much weight! I always thought you were perfect just the way you were! :love:

catmandu
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos615.jpg
That is Great News about Ziggy!
Sadly My Moose the MagnfiCat:( got too heavy and was plaqued the last year of his life by shortness of breath and cold paws!
We are praying that you can slim down Ziggy and have him for many more years!!!:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Beautiful Ziggy, that is a great update! HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG (some for Pearl, Storm and Sky too)

smokey the elder
07-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Congrats on her diet! Many in the feline diabetes community think dry food is one step above poison.:eek: I don't quite agree with that, but have noticed that my cats' weights have stabilized over the last 4+ years since I've included more wet into their diet.

Barbara
07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I notice that a lot of dry foods contain ingredients like corn and other plant stuff which is certainly not ideal for cats.
It's great to hear that Ziggy lost weight- she will be ideal (and feel so much prettier;)) soon:)

Medusa
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey Ziggy, I may give your diet a try. ;) Good job! :)

Pinot's Mom
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey Ziggy! Has Pinot been calling to commiserate on diets? It's not so bad - is it? I'm so glad it's working out, though, keep up the good work!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone.:) I'm glad that I found a cat food that works for her and that she loves too.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Nature's Variety Instinct

Is this the correct name of that food ?? Please post a picture of a bag?
If I can find it here, I would surely buy it, because both Maya & Zazou are a bit overweight too...

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Is this the correct name of that food ?? Please post a picture of a bag?
If I can find it here, I would surely buy it, because both Maya & Zazou are a bit overweight too...

Yes, this is the kind that I'm feeding all of my cats now. The company is called Nature's Variety and here's their website: http://www.naturesvariety.com/. The Instinct is grain free but they also make Prarie which isn't grain free. The key to weight loss is the amount you feed your cat. Canned food has much less calories than dry food. Good luck.:)