PDA

View Full Version : Cursed

Queen of Poop
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I now completely believe I am cursed. Why else would all this bad stuff happen to me. Here I am, at my parents, chilling out. Along comes a hail storm with HUGE hail. Now my truck has dents and will need to be repaired. Fire, hail, all the awful stuff in my marriage, a hugely difficult and nasty divorce, losing siblings. What the heck else can happen?? How do I get rid of this demon so bad things stop happening. How much more can I take? :(:(:(

Karen
07-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh dear, Gayle. Will the insurance pay for the dents to be fixed?

I don't think you are cursed, but will pray for you and that you have better days ahead. I know you will, as the divorce and marriage that caused you so much pain are over, and things will get better.

caseysmom
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Dents add character :p Seriously that really sucks but I am glad you are okay.

Catty1
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
You have a roof over your head and food to eat.

You have two living parents who love you and are helping financially with your legal costs.

You have a truck that RUNS, and are able to pay for fuel.

You have two kitties who you love, and who love you.

YOU HAVE LIFE - which gives you a chance to change things as the opportunity arises, not all at once.

You have friends who care - here on PT and elsewhere.

I know you needed to vent, and you are under huge stress. I also know that making a gratitude list, however short, helps to balance the picture and make it bigger.

{{{{hugs}}}} :love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
{{{{{GAYLE}}}}}

Everything happens for a reason. I pray that something good will come of this for you. Even though it's terrible, I think the dents on the truck will be easily recognized by others in your town and might end up being trendy. I hope so!!:)

Medusa
07-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Sometimes it does feel like a curse, doesn't it? There are times when I look up and say "Are you paying attention? I'm suffering down here!" Every time I do that, it makes me laugh and laughter helps us get through the tough times. You have your mind and as long as you have that, you can change things. Right here and right now things are changing for you for the better. Roll w/it. :love:

Marigold2
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I know life can sometimes be very hard. And one wonders "how much more can I take Lord?"
Then I think about how lucky I am and all the gifts I have. My kids, my family, my friends, my wonderful fur babies, my job and my sense of the silly.
This time will be but a blink of an eye in your life. hundreds of good days will come and go and yes some bad ones as well.
When I lay my head down at night I thank God for a clean soft bed, for a hot shower, clean water, decent food, a clean and beautiful home that I work for. There are millions of people who have no running water, have never slept in a warm soft bed, have never known what an orange taste like or had a full stomach. And many have never known love, kindness or the soft touch of a hand to comfort them.
Good thoughts, hugs and remember this day shall pass and many happy ones will follow.

Karen
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
How to get rid of the "demon?"

Start each day saying, "I am blessed." and then say one of your blessings aloud - anything from living in North America where we have indoor plumbing to mentioning something that made you smile the day before.

Daisy and Delilah
07-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Gayle, I don't know if it's ever been mentioned. Al-Anon has a book they distribute for women. It's a little handbook of inspirational sayings that is read every day. My daughter bought me one after she saw how much I enjoyed listening to her read her's every day. Have you seen it? It gives me the strength on alot of days to get through anything. It isn't just for families or friends of alcoholics but for any woman that needs an extra jumpstart on dreary days.

If you would like one, I'll try to find out where to buy it or maybe someone here knows.:)

phesina
07-14-2010, 08:17 PM
This whole thread is full of so many good ideas.

Thank you, dear friends, I needed this too. God love you all.

Marigold2
07-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Gayle how are you doing? You are in my thoughts.

Queen of Poop
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Doing alright. Thanks for asking Marigold.

I know I have alot to be thankful for. But things just seem to keep piling up on my shoulders and sooner than later I'm not going to be able to carry any more. Tomorrow, at 8 am I have an appointment to get my truck looked at and the damage assessed. It's just one more thing that I didn't need right now.