PDA

View Full Version : The joys of moving

NicoleLJ
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
There are always the good and the bad to moving. I have moved so many times in my life I have lost count. I am hoping this is the last move for at least a few years. Have moved over 4 times in the past two years and I am tired of it.

This time I am moving up. Right now I am in a very small 2 bedroom basement suite. No room for a lot of my stuff so have had to have a storage unit. Plus this place only has a stand up shower. My last place also only had a shower. This place we are moving too has an extra large tub. So I am very excited about that. It has a full 1bdr basement suite for my fiance's mom. Her rent increased at the place she was at which is why we are all moving in together. Has a nice size bedroom, huge livingroom, dining room, full kitchen, bathroom and loads of storage. So is bigger then the place she is currently in. And sharing with us her rent will decrease by about 300 a month.

There is an extra bedroom down stairs that is not in her suite area and that will be set up as my daughters room/ fiance's daughters room as well for when they are here. THere is also a large utility room down there where both our deep freezes will fit and room for food storage.

Upstairs there are two bedrooms, a huge bathroom, large kitchen with a dishwasher and tons of cupboard space, counter space and pantry space. Large dining room, large living room and tons of built in closet space. The whole upstairs just had new laminate flooring put in that looks like oak.

Also outside is a fenced yard, HUGE patio, large 2 car garage with work space also, and in the front is a porch and has a large fence so you can read out there or do cross-stitch with no worries of wind. And the best part is we can paint the place to any colors we want and the landlord will buy the paint and even pay us for our work.

I am so looking forward to setting up in a bigger place finally agian with room for everyone. THere is an ice rink and pool right across the street and a grocery store on the other side. The school is just a block away. So it is perfectly locate.

THe down side. PACKING. I hate pack. And we have not one but two places to pack because my fiance's mom is taking a well deserved break with friends back east. I keep telling myself it is all worth it but uggggg I hate packing. lol

Karen
07-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Think of it as winnowing out - you only need to pack the good stuff, and unnecessary stuff you can leave behind! It is also a good chance to rediscover things you might have forgotten you owned!

Good luck, label everything, and stay sane!

NicoleLJ
07-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Sane??? What does that word mean? lol

We already went to the storage unit and weeded out a ton of stuff so we could fit more things in there till moving day. Was glad to see a lot of my stuff that is still there.

Laura's Babies
07-11-2010, 08:50 AM
I HATE changes... that is in moving from where I live to changing jobs. I get somewhere and STAY! The last job I had (before this one) I had for 21 years. Lived in a place for 14 years. Have been where I am now for 9 years and worked where I am for about 14 years.

But it really does sound super nice at your new place... ALL THAT ROOM! WOW! You are going to need a road map to find your way around! LOL! More and more families are moving in together in todays tough times and it is a win, win deal for everybody. Good luck on your packing and moving and may all of you be happy in your new home.