PDA

View Full Version : Mikey now talks! [VIDEO PROOF!]

Alysser
07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I am sure some of you have seen clips of dogs saying "i love my mama" or "i love you" or something, and I believe some people here even managed to teach their dogs this neat "trick". I never thought it was possible but Mikey is slowly mastering "i love you". I had no clue how to teach a dog how to accomplish such a feat, and especially with Mikey, I thought it was impossible. It all started when my parents came home from vacation and my mom started being able to get him to howl by saying "did you miss me?". The howling itself was cute enough, but then we started thinking maybe he'll talk. Many "Mikey, I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"'s later, we have some vocals!

You can hear it at 14/15 seconds, 28/29 seconds and there are many points where he's trying but nothing is coming out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5lERmLdFs

Excuse my annoying voice, but it's the only way to get him to do it. So judge it for yourself, am I crazy or does that sound like I love you because it's definitely not just a howl?

Now all I need to do is get him to learn some basic commands!

chocolatepuppy
07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Ha ha! it's a parrot, no it's Mikey!!!:D Sounds good to me!;) I swear my dogs talk sometimes too. You ought to hear me trying to get my dogs to howl. :o Only Jake will howl and I don't have to urge him!

MonicanHonda
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
How adorable!!! He looks so cute doing it too. :)

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Keep it up, he's so close!! That's too darn adorable. :D

Queen of Poop
07-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Awww, Mikey, you're terrific. Keep up the practice. :love:

dab_20
07-11-2010, 01:25 AM
That does sound pretty dang close. Awww and I just love his howl. Sooooo cute!!

Sam is the only one of mine who howls and it's when he's left alone... its not a cute howl... it sounds like someone is killing him! lol

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2010, 05:29 PM
He's adorable.:) My cat Pearl can say "mama" so I'm sure he'll be able to say "I love you.":)