PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to China and my pets

Lilith Cherry
07-10-2010, 01:37 AM
I have said goodbye to my beautiful Chinese kitties, Jade and Pearl! Yesterday I took them to their new home where they will be loved and looked after. But I am so sad without them and Fifi the poodle!:(:(

As I am retiring, my friend Audrey has taken them to live with her and her family along with Fifi (who really belongs to Audrey Xie but was shared by us when we here because we love dogs too). They are quite content to be there in her house as they have lived there for the previous six summers and know the place and the people very well and are much loved and petted by them. They even have a small garden with a high wall to play in and a fishpond where they can watch the koi fish swim around. Still my heart is heavy at leaving thenm behind even though I know they will be loved.

I expect we will very soon be looking for some new pets to rescue in Canada as we can't live without some furry faces in our family so at least a little good will come of it.

Goodbye Jade, Pearl and Fifi! You will always be in my heart:love:

prechrswife
07-10-2010, 07:57 AM
I know you have to be sad to leave a place where you have been for so long. I still appreciate the information that you sent me about Chinese names when we were adopting our daughter, and she still has her Chinese knot that you sent. Best wishes for your pets in their new home, and happy retirement to you! (And as a side note, after my name research, we ended up keeping her given Chinese name as her second middle name anyway.)

pomtzu
07-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow - such a bittersweet time for you.

Congratulations on your retirement. It's wonderful that your furkids will have such a great home, and one that they are already familiar with. And you're absolutely right - some new kid(s) in Canada will be waiting for you to welcome them into your new home. :)